POLL - YES/ MAD NO/don't care about NO ONLINE MODE

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Kwik
  • 146 comments
  • 6,323 views

Are you mad about the new news? yes/no

  • HELL YES I AM MAD!!

    Votes: 97 40.8%
  • No, I wasn't going to race online anyway.

    Votes: 141 59.2%

  • Total voters
    238
HELL YES I AM MAD!! 40 votes | 35.40%
No, I wasn't going to race online anyway. 73 votes | 64.60%

I don't care about the online play!
 
Mad Yes,

I am still happy about GT4 coming out and I will buy the GT Online even if it is full retail price
 
There are already tunneling software for PS2 so you will be able to play each other
 
There are already tunneling software for PS2 so you will be able to play each other for games that supports lan.


WOHOOOO
 
What i cant quite work out is that they only mention Europe and ASIA net being the cause of some problems.

So I Asssume the game works fine online in some regions, the code is there written, theyve been working on it for ages.

Therefore the problem is not with the coding, more an issue of Broadband, access and servers, in these regions, what do PD think they are going to be able to do to combat these problems over which they have no control.
Why not leave it in, just disable the racing element, until such times the servers, could cope with racing, leave the community, trading and all the other elements of the game open.
 
They can go and get ****ed, the only reason i bought broadband nearly a year ago was cause i've been waiting for gt4 online since then.

**** THEM

Sorry but i actually have friends and wouldn't mind going "ay lad drift comp tonight" instead of going "ay lad drift comp tonight" only in the second instance there's a chance i'll crash my real car


I wouldn't care if it was delayed another six months, i wouldn't care if they ****ed off evetything else and just made 600 cars, 30 tracks, and online play, **** the licence tests and all that, and no i don't want some **** add on, this isn't some **** pc game, is supposed to be a console game, where you get the whole package in one not where you get screwed.
 
CrAcKaJaP206
I have a question to all the ppl who voted no, i'm not mad. How many of you have raced online with any other game?

I'm sure most of you(NOT ALL) would be highly disappointed that GT4 has gone offline.

I voted no. That's because GT is mainly a offline experience and before you can go online you have the unlock your cars and customize in the offline section, after you've done that you can play online. Though I 'm looking forward for online playing and to me it is in the interst off all that a online mode is perfect.

Now I am playing burnout and is good laugh nothing more and way overrated.

I advise people to get over it, there are more striking issues in life to get mad about. Well that's how I feel about it.

P.S. PD shall deliver.
 
RyosukeFCDS
I wouldn't care if it was delayed another six months, i wouldn't care if they ****ed off evetything else and just made 600 cars, 30 tracks, and online play, **** the licence tests and all that, and no i don't want some **** add on, this isn't some **** pc game, is supposed to be a console game, where you get the whole package in one not where you get screwed.
Okay so you would prefer to just get GT4, with less cars and tracks but with the oline mode, rather than get GT4 with more cars and tracks now, and then the online mode in say 6 months. Retarded comment or what, you people can't comprehend what KY has done here, he's prevented s waiting even longer for GT4 by removing the online mode, but were still gonna get the online but at thwe later date, were not missing out on anything here guys, and if anyone like retardo here has bought a network adapter for one game, when the games not even out yet, infact he bought it a year ago, then your a fool quite frankley.
 
GTplanet will be able to have online competitions on xlink Kai.
It could easily be aranged that GTplanet members would have their own private arena/chat on Kai, with GTP admins/mods having the ability to give people access to the arena.
Alot of PS/Xbox clans already have a private arena
 
i really dont care for GT4's online, its singleplayer has always rocked in the past and i am 99% certain the singleplayer in GT4 is going to be much better than the older games. i will however, expect it to be in GT5 with no excuses. :)
 
GT4 doesn't need online play to be the best racing game in the world :rolleyes:
 
code_kev
Umm actually it does :P.

I 2nd that!


i really dont care for GT4's online, its singleplayer has always rocked in the past
GT3 Sucked! in single player.
 
Because other racers that are as good as and even better than games like GT3 are online, games like GTR and Forza will now have a big edge over GT4, however we all need to remeber GT is still going online next year.
 
Why? because racing friends, random people, real humans in general is 100 times better then racing brain dead AI. Imagine having face offs with your friends online, people you know, go to uni with, we had this all planned out. We were gonna have fiat panda show downs etc, and now it's not really possible.

As liveforspeed said, online play is standard these days, the fact that PD can't even get that in is a massive let down, and while many of you can kid yourselves that it makes no difference, you know it does. Imagine half life 2 without a multiplayer :P
Going online next year, oh a bonus pack :P Lets see how much they charge us for the "honour".

TBH if you had any idea about online gaming, you wouldn't be asking why, you would just know.
 
It will either be free trade in, or an add on, if it's an add on expect it to be around £20.
 
I'm glad I don't get to play GT4 Online just yet. I don't have to face all you overly hyper reactive, and mummy and daddy just got me cable internet for my PS2 Online Adapter for GT4 kind of people, that is if I can call you people not squabbling animals. I'm not sure what is worse, a laggy online mode or a mode full of illiterate juveniles that can't handle the jandal. Go get your mummies and daddies to change your diapers people. Grow up.

Lastly, look people the poll says most people don’t care about online mode so maybe you guys shouldn’t. Go find a new hobby guys and wait 6 months until the final online portion gets released.
 
^ I like this post :), online for me is important but if it's not ready yet, it's not ready. I'm glad I'm getting GT4 this year, and I'll still get the online when it's ready.
 
How many people that voted NO have linked up with 5 other people?
 
Mr.Kwik
How many people that voted NO have linked up with 5 other people?
Is that addressed to me? If it is, it is an utterly stupid question. How is anybody supposed to know what 92 anonymous internet users have or haven't done? Nobody is a mind reader and neither are you. I think you can answer that question yourself.
 
There are plenty of other games with online support. Go play one of them instead of clogging up the forum with mindless complaining, moaning & *****ing...
 
Shannon
There are plenty of other games with online support. Go play one of them instead of clogging up the forum with mindless complaining, moaning & *****ing...
this post is titled "are you mad as hell or do you not care about online play", and you tell those who are pissed off about it and speak their opinions to stop clogging up the forum?
maybe it's you who shouldn't be in this thread if you won't want to hear it...

myself: i'm angred, and will not be buying any incarnation of gt4, online or not. they screw me, i screw them right back. if this huge dissapointment wont have a negative effect on their sales they will keep screwing people because they figure we will take it bent over forever, enough is enough already. 👎
 
They haven't screwed anyone j_, they're giving us the offline GT4 before the online instead of making us wait until mid next year for both. Get a grip your acting like a 7 year old. It's up to you if you buy GT4 or not, if you don't it's only you who'll miss out.
 
I voted no, I would've played online but then im not really pissed about it as the single player mode looks to be huge anyway. It is dissapointing news however.
 
live4speed
They haven't screwed anyone j_, they're giving us the offline GT4 before the online instead of making us wait until mid next year for both. Get a grip your acting like a 7 year old. It's up to you if you buy GT4 or not, if you don't it's only you who'll miss out.
i was a fool for believing anything PD promised us the last year, but you are twice the fool if you rely on them to bring you online in the middle of next year.
i'm acting like a 7 year old for speaking my mind? sounds like you can't handle me saying anything negative about PD or GT4, if anyone is acting 7 years old it's you for not being able to listen to other peoples objective opinion without getting upset.
 
You obviousely have'nt read many of my posts about people believing them too much. I just think you and everyone else moaning about getting GT4 this year instead of next are being stupid. Yes it's childish, you can speak your mind without being childish you know, it is possible. PD haven't screwed anyone, we all know a games specs can change at any time and GT4's have. You believed too much of the hype, and that also makes you a fool, the more hype you believe the more you will be let down when it gets here. Theres no reason why PD won't keep working on the net code and release GT online next year, since the large portion of it is done, as I've said many times, we can be happy weve got GT4 offline this year, and we'll get the online next year, or we can be dissapointed and wish we didn't get GT offline until next year, which is when the online will be ready. Feel free to carry on speaking your mind, but you can do it in a better way.
 
Back