POLYPHONY DIGITAL are you listening?

• Thread starter Threshold
  • 467 comments
I would really appreciate more thought into the whole way starts are handled. Because the field is so spread out at the start, if they remove rubber banding and unrealistic drafting they also remove any chance of the guy randomly starting 16th from competing with the guy randomly starting from 1st.

An option to have close starts (standing or 2 by 2 formation) with some way to avoid horrible first corner collision tactics by wreckers (collisions disabled for a number of corners?) would be good.

i dont want damage with my agressive style of driving but it would stop rammers espicially if you had to pay for repars but again in the game it is impossible to do some of those races without trading paint

i dont want damage with my agressive style of driving but it would stop rammers espicially if you had to pay for repars but again in the game it is impossible to do some of those races without trading paint

Compare this racing to touring cars. They trade paint all the time, but they also try to avoid knocking each other off (although they also make mistakes sometimes). It's all about knowing what is and isn't acceptable.

I have no idea how difficult it would be to code such things, but if you look at the way PD have coded such things as ghosting through others when trying to use them to brake, they clearly are capable of nuance. I think it's just a matter of adding more nuance and thinking about how the mechanics can be abused.

Fix the cars jumping around due to bad connection. If a connection starts wonking out, turn the cars to ghost. I've had it happen on multiple occasions where everyone's cars are flying around, only to appear in the same part of the track as I am and smash into me and take me out. It's not really anyone's fault, they are driving their race, and I'm driving mine. It's just the way they deal with the lag, etc.

+1

A Big Wish in the early start of GT5 ( I Hope)

I hope you would consider to Play Test the best rally SIM/Game ever made "Richard Burns rally for PC"

So you can understand which driving feeling it gives the driver, and how accurate it feels with the physics and handling of the Rally cars in that SIM/Game, and then consider to go for that kind of approach with the physic and handling system for the GT5 Rally event's, because it's the only Sim/Game that really have got the right Rally Feel and accurate engine and braking behavior!

And Why RBR!!
Alot of real race drivers and rally drivers are using RBR for practice , And I will never stop playing RBR as long as no game comes close to that feeling in the rally driving, I would rather en-joy the driving feeling in RBR, then the 10/10 graphic that GT5 has got..

Dream Extreme
Flagmo-T

PS.. yes I do believe they are listing, aren't ya !!! He he

A screen showing all your online time trial records at once would be good as it takes forever looking through them all to see if you've been beaten. And dont cut my power when on the grass.

Please put out an all user explanation of the Hosting System. Many of the drivers, even at the Expert Level, do not understand when they are hosting, so don't realize that they are disconnecting a whole host of users when they quit.

How 'bout an apology button. I try to drive clean, but occasionally mess up and bump someone. Would like to apologize. Usually wait for them to come up to racing speed before engaiging them again.

Please put out an all user explanation of the Hosting System. Many of the drivers, even at the Expert Level, do not understand when they are hosting, so don't realize that they are disconnecting a whole host of users when they quit.

How 'bout an apology button. I try to drive clean, but occasionally mess up and bump someone. Would like to apologize. Usually wait for them to come up to racing speed before engaiging them again.

Great idea! - it could ghost your car to let them through and flash the word "sorry" in place of your name.

good idea for a thread, lets hope Ploy take note and read!

Here are things I would like to see:

- Private Rooms - Ability to choose number of players, PP, track, car limits, tyre limits, length, even maybe setup a race series.

- car damage and relibility - visual damage, reliability? Engine damage due to over reving, tyre damage due to agresive driving.

- option of random grid slot or qualifying

- better options for G25 owners. make the clutch better! more travel and ability to stall!

- real weather and lightness due to location and time of day. surely pretty straight forward to include.

- fuel?

- ability to chat online

- ability to watch others racing or qualfying whilst in an online race

- horn and lights?

- fix slipstream being far too strong

- ability to kick numpties from spoiling races

To theboyrob- just about everything you listed would be in GT5 the full game.I don't think the slipstreaming is far to strong.

I would like: ;)
Virtual glove compartment (for my speeding tickets).
Virtual trunk (for my spare tyre).
Fully working, electrical operated windows.
Heated seats.
Air conditioning.
Tractor-pulling. (This is a must have!!!) :cheers:

Seriously; This is a game, not reality. It's on PS3, not on NASA's combined farm of servers.

What could be done;
- Head tracking, for cockpit view, with the use of EYEToy. TrackIR on LFS is awesome! Not exactly like real-life, but way better than using buttons.

- Cockpit view with the option to turn on or off the wheel. Looks better without while using DFP, G25 or with what ever wheel you've got.

- Start deposit for racing intermediate and expert events online, with money being deducted for errors, cheating and general misbehavior. Deposit vs prize money should be in a loss ratio. Ex: 60000 credits deposit vs 47500 credits prize money. 1st offense: 10000 credits fine, 2nd: 20000 credits and 3rd 30000 credits.

- Surely a lot more, but that´s all for now...

1. Nurburgring
2. Nurburgring
3. Nurburgring

Please.

;)

1) Nurburgring +1 for me
2) Ghost mode for online races
3) Get rid of the penilty system completely
4) Bring back the Tachometer for hood view or an option for different HUD types
5) Please give us a better sound output for us that are using Optical output with 6.1 I have no bass through my subwoofer with Gran Turismo and I dont have an amplifier that will give me sound with HDMI sound output. I just have a Sony Multi Channell AV Reciever STR-DG700 with 6.1 output.

- Head tracking, for cockpit view, with the use of EYEToy. TrackIR on LFS is awesome! Not exactly like real-life, but way better than using buttons.

This is a great idea. I don't know if the EYEToy is capable of monitoring head movement like that, but if it is this would be a fantastic feature.

My top requests:

1) Nurburgring!

2) Get rid of the boost, it is driving me crazy. I hate the fact that it causes the car to handle differently. Not knowing how a car is going to handle at any given moment based on your distance from the lead has got to be the single worst "feature" of the game.

3) Somehow fix the online racing so that punters lose, period. I'll take the very occasional race where I lose because I accidently hit someone over the insanity of a racing simulation that allows morons to play "bumper cars" any day.

4) Nurburgring!

That's a good point to bring up and I'd like to have a wider FOV. However, my peripheral vision is often impaired a little with a helmet on and I often have to clock my head from side to side to check if the mirrors fall off... so that may not be as realistic as you think. It would help a lot though. Have you tried driving (track days / auto-x) with a racing helmet in your car?

As for what I'd like to see improved:

1.) An effective damage system as opposed to a flashy one. Like LFS +GTA IV (bent hubs + bodywork rubbing tyres = impaired performance with big accidents, loss of power, aerodynamics, etc) and not GRID.

2.) A good penalty system that calculates the change and shift in weight from an impact off the track. ie. the penalty for the punter only applies when you hit the dirt from a light and slow push wide through the turn to the sandtrap. I think it'll make the penalty system more natural and human. Just a little more 'just' for most of us I think. It might be a little over the top but I'd have to try it. Which brings me to number...

3.) Survey us more, take more of our feedback and take samples and opinions from us. There are many communities like this of enthusiasts who are more than happy to assist in the development of the game for no reward at all but to enjoy the game more when it is out. Most of us are also sensible enough to understand when to compromise so a product can sell as well (point #4 Scalability coming up and online game lists)

4.) True online gaming. Quick match should randomly drop you into a race with similarly skilled players (another point coming up) but custom match should let you choose from a list of hosts and private matches (password protected three digit? four? minor inconvenience isn't it for private matching?). Stop waiting for Home and do this! With your own hosting, rooms, private games you could scale damage, penalties, PP, change tracks and keep everyone together for different races the whole time! It's an EASY solution. With quick match you could still keep the different races on the list now too! Oh, and have a ban/player avoid list.

5.) Being able to achieve a tight time and consistently clean races should mean something. Statistic tracking (number of bumps you did, number of times off the road surface, number of times spun out, total positions gained, total positions lost, total wins, total 2nd, total 3rd, etc) and achievements (totally clean race, comeback(last to first), etc) should be figured into player matching in quick match so you're up against some similarly skilled racers. This could do away with having to race people going the wrong way all the time and people who spin out all the time.

6.) Let us have livery customization. It goes a long way in community building as well as personalizing your own car. Different people play this game, loads of different people and most of us enthusiasts want to be able to have a racing team with team colours/logos, etc. Some people want to have sick murals. I say, let it happen. If someone paints something inappropriate ban them (refer to 3.)), easy :P.

7.) As you can tell I don't have any gripes about graphical fidelity and the accuracy of the cars (probably because I don't care so much) but I do like little details. Little details like reverse lights, and animations (drivers head looking left/right when you look) would help give us some more immersion. Details like dirt, scratches, rubber being thrown up, clicks and sounds from pebbles or the pitter patter of sand as it's thrown up in front of you. I've noticed all these things doing a little racing and I know it doesn't take too much work to implement. There have been games that I think are lesser and have done these things.

8.) Different race conditions. We don't often race endurance races so maybe not changing conditions but different. Rain, night, night + rain, damp track + fog, sunny, sweltering + more miraging, clear, etc. Have the ambient temperature affect HP. Actually, maybe that last bit about temperature affecting HP and having to tune to that temp. / altitude would be a little too much sim and too much funless tuning... Different conditions could make for some AMAZING races :D.

I think that's all for now.

I think livery customization would really go against everything PD and especially KZ is about. Usually when you allow such thing it would result in hideous looking cars: I think simple colour scheme and maybe choosing team cars (like the ones in GT4) would suffice. I would hate to see the design and implementation of GT5 becoming a democratic process. Personally all I would expect from GT5 is an improved graphics (done), introduction of a few real life racing tracks, online racing (done but requires improvement), damage modeling. I would leave to PD and KZ to have the final design by the time GT5 is released.

Custom decals for tuners and clans would be wicked. A "TLD" wing badge or "www.gtplanet.net" across the back bumper for example would be good advertising.

hmmm... Custom decals... So at odds about that one. I really would like that feature. I've used it on "that other game" on "that other platform" and it gives such a personalized touch. However, the potential for abuse is simply huge. Even with limited tools on other games where something similar is available I've seen some really abusive material. I personally don't object to it, but there maybe minors in the audience and it is my personal opinion that they should not be exposed to such offensive material. Of course, everyone raises their children according to their own beliefs. :-)

Valid point and one I hadn't considered. I suppose Sony could run an approval system like facebook do with their apps but I guess thats just too much to hope for.

good idea for a thread, lets hope Ploy take note and read!

Here are things I would like to see:

- Private Rooms - Ability to choose number of players, PP, track, car limits, tyre limits, length, even maybe setup a race series.

- car damage and relibility - visual damage, reliability? Engine damage due to over reving, tyre damage due to agresive driving.

- option of random grid slot or qualifying

- better options for G25 owners. make the clutch better! more travel and ability to stall!

- real weather and lightness due to location and time of day. surely pretty straight forward to include.

- fuel?

- ability to chat online

- ability to watch others racing or qualfying whilst in an online race

- horn and lights?

- fix slipstream being far too strong

- ability to kick numpties from spoiling races

These are excellent points 👍 except the slipstreaming, thats made pretty good actually. slipstreaming has a huge effect in RL making a car much quicker :D

There was an excellent suggestion over at the official ps forum. It was Aero who said that for online play there could an online 'Honour' system where players are rewarded for clean racing but of course the penalty system needs to be sorted out.

I also suggested if players have to host a race there could be a set number of say 'Honour' points for doing so and if you were say guilty of ramming or such like then points would be deducted and may not enable you to host a race, while this may sound no big deal the idea was that hosts should have the power to kick drivers with low Honour points, obviously they will be safeguards to stop it being abused but again this relies on the penalty system to be fairer. There could be a room setup on the official forum so that any injustices could be sorted out through replays provided by the victim.

Also I have noticed that in game when a car goes wide on the grass the effect looks a bit poor with pixelization occuring which looks bad IMO.

Qualifying would be good for some racing and still starts also.

More cars, Toyota's, Peugeots and many others. Perhaps even some older and classic cars.

Just gimme races with more laps, and no boost. Unless you get the blue mushroom, then you can drop a tact nuke on the leader.

b

GNX
hmmm... Custom decals... So at odds about that one. I really would like that feature. I've used it on "that other game" on "that other platform" and it gives such a personalized touch. However, the potential for abuse is simply huge. Even with limited tools on other games where something similar is available I've seen some really abusive material. I personally don't object to it, but there maybe minors in the audience and it is my personal opinion that they should not be exposed to such offensive material. Of course, everyone raises their children according to their own beliefs. :-)

Its not that different than the screen names. if they can filter out obscene screen names it can be done for decals too.

b

I'm with you guys on the decal/customization. I always like the racing mod from GT1/2 more for the fact that you got a car that looked like a race car. Allowing you to slap skins, stripes, decals, whatever on it would be really awesome. I know people will make ugly cars. I know people will put offensive material on there, but it makes it "MY" car, not just a red ferrari like everyone else has. It lets me inject my own personality into the game. Even if it's just a system like NFS, where you have a bunch of pre-defined things that you can stick on there.

Everyone who says the slipstream is too strong, have you EVER REALLY experinced it?
I have driven track several times and think it is very similar to real life... I think y'all are just whining because you hate the fact that someone can catch you by slipstreaming...

Everyone who says the slipstream is too strong, have you EVER REALLY experinced it?
I have driven track several times and think it is very similar to real life... I think y'all are just whining because you hate the fact that someone can catch you by slipstreaming...

👍 Exactly, why change something that's like almost perfect?

They better fix the online penalty and host disconnection ridiculousness. I had 49 disconnects today on 750Suzuka just because the host couldn't stand it someone in a weaker car ( GOLF GTI 05 :D ) would beat him/her(?)!
gimme back 700 at least...

i also think that maybe some daily races set by poly would be good?

say certain track and PP each week, for example suzuka, S3 only, 500PP, 32 laps.

Then the winner receives a custom paint job or car or something for winning.

👍 Exactly, why change something that's like almost perfect?

They better fix the online penalty and host disconnection ridiculousness. I had 49 disconnects today on 750Suzuka just because the host couldn't stand it someone in a weaker car ( GOLF GTI 05 :D ) would beat him/her(?)!
gimme back 700 at least...

You gotta admit going in 750pp with a Golf is kinda asking for trouble. I wouldn't quit on you but I can understand how a lesser man might take it as an insult :sly:

Back