Polyphony Digital May (Finally) Be Outsourcing 3D Modeling Work

Well argued, Even though I had read the opposite, Turn10 had more than 300 workers, and in this case, the Forza do it both Turn10 and Playground, 2 teams plus external assistants
T10 doesn't have that many staff, but they have a lot of work done through outsourcing. That's not their staff, and shouldn't be counted as such. However, it should just be acknowledged that they have a smaller team, with a lot of work done by other companies.

Even though PG and T10 share assets, their staff are not combined. T10 provide the assets to PG for them to make their game, but that's it. They work on their games separately.

T10 doesn't have that many staff, but they have a lot of work done through outsourcing. That's not their staff, and shouldn't be counted as such. However, it should just be acknowledged that they have a smaller team, with a lot of work done by other companies.

Even though PG and T10 share assets, their staff are not combined. T10 provide the assets to PG for them to make their game, but that's it. They work on their games separately.
Hence why the models are soo inconsistent.

Hence why the models are soo inconsistent.
So what you're saying is that's the route GTS is heading? I would imagine that their inconsistencies come down to their rushed deadlines they've had in the past, although, new to the series vehicles don't seem to share the inconsistencies of the vehicles that have been in the series for generations. Either way, truely, no one knows if it's just because of outsourcing alone that it's weighed them down, because if that's the case, than GTS would be in no better shape in choosing the same route.

Forza Horizon models look way more consistent(and better than the previous FMotorsport)
Which isn't really even true, since they're really the same models. It's likely the lighting that makes them look "better."

Which isn't really even true, since they're really the same models. It's likely the lighting that makes them look "better."

It might be exactly that,maybe if ForzaMotorsport changed their lighting engine,the problem of car model inconsistency would go away,but i have my doubts if those inconsistencies are that big,i don't see that big of a difference between cars in Forza 7.

It might be exactly that,maybe if ForzaMotorsport changed their lighting engine,the problem of car model inconsistency would go away,but i have my doubts if those inconsistencies are that big,i don't see that big of a difference between cars in Forza 7.
Changing lighting will not change model inaccuracies that some cars have in Forza. You're correct, the inconsistencies are really not as many as people want to pretend there are. There are a handful of major offenders that are from last gen that still stick out, but with 700 cars in comparison, there's really not many.

So what you're saying is that's the route GTS is heading? I would imagine that their inconsistencies come down to their rushed deadlines they've had in the past, although, new to the series vehicles don't seem to share the inconsistencies of the vehicles that have been in the series for generations. Either way, truely, no one knows if it's just because of outsourcing alone that it's weighed them down, because if that's the case, than GTS would be in no better shape in choosing the same route.
No I'm saying that GTS will go down the same path, it's just that Forza is very reliant on it which somewhat compromises quality. Knowing Gran Turismo, they would still keep a majority of their production in-house, using outsourcing sparingly.

Changing lighting will not change model inaccuracies that some cars have in Forza. You're correct, the inconsistencies are really not as many as people want to pretend there are. There are a handful of major offenders that are from last gen that still stick out, but with 700 cars in comparison, there's really not many.
Oof.

I think their models are fine but their light engine is lacking,i look at Forza 7 footage and everything looks flat most of the times(and that goes for everything on screen not only the cars).

It's not that bad man,it's not like Forza uses the fan favourite standard/premium car model system.

No I'm saying that GTS will go down the same path, it's just that Forza is very reliant on it which somewhat compromises quality
That’s basically what I said. However, where so? New to the series vehicles don’t seem to be th culprits with it, it’s mostly old generation models that do.
Knowing Gran Turismo, they would still keep a majority of their production in-house, using outsourcing sparingly.
“Knowing Gran Turismo” doesn’t apply here because we knew in the past that this was never an option so we can’t really use that excuse. The fact that this is happening proves that.
Provide some examples of the vast amount of cars that are in accurate then. I’ll wait.

They need to outsource to keep the pace up. And for the car models in Forza, there are like 26~ models that are a bit inaccurate. there are still 700+ cars that are crazy detailed, so i would like PD do the same but without the inaccuracies ofcourse. They can take there time unlike T10 and PG, so there is less chance that there will be inaccuries in those models.

Back