Polyphony Digital new site?

  • Thread starter Thread starter _aj
  • 25 comments
  • 1,467 views

_aj

Messages
579
Looks like PD are creating a new official site as right now they have an apache test page up, a good spring clean of files and folders and upload the new web prescence to showcase new things perhaps? Let's hope so !!
 
ummm, who ever is making the site is letting it pretty open. You can access the apache manual from that link.
 
You can't do much with the publically available manual, but posting in the "GT4 Websites" thread might have been appropriate.
 
I guess this means that PD is going to have their very own web site to do things with. I know Sony have one, and now PD. Interestlink.
 
Solid Lifters
I guess this means that PD is going to have their very own web site to do things with. I know Sony have one, and now PD. Interestlink.
So PD have a website now - Since they've discovered the internet, I wonder if they're considering making GT4 playable online.. That would seriously Rock :crazy:
 
That site really annoy's me now...nothing new is posted there......I think it was just there for Prologue, still says on some menus comming soon!...will probably get updated after GT4 is out.......in essence.....its now rubbish!
 
Speak of the Devil, and he'll appear; Sony is working on the site as we speak, and they've added a NITROUS BOTTLE! Click on the link below, then left click on "Downloads" then left click on what appears, then look for "Site Kit" and tell me what you see.

http://www.granturismoworld.com/index_en_GB.html
 
Hmmm Nos, was that not covered before?

Off topic, have anyone found a way to install all these screensavers from granturismoworld instead of overwriting them?
 
I think the inclusion of nitrous oxide systems could really be a drag-racing only feature, since in most real life closed track/rally courses I know or ever heard of, use of such devices is prohibited. That is, if we make the assumption that that pic is a hint to this happening.
 
k2racer
Hmmm Nos, was that not covered before?

Off topic, have anyone found a way to install all these screensavers from granturismoworld instead of overwriting them?

Nope... but if you keep all the .exe's then you can merely changing them by double clicking on the one you want...

I'm currently using the polaroid one!!

C.
 
I'm sure that they just put a pic of a NOS bottle there......I dont really think it has any relation to GT4.......although...........you never know!
 
Is that really the Official Site?
 
GTXLR
Is that really the Official Site?

Well there is a link to it from the Playstation UK website so i guess it is some what official, however, it is fair to say that it is being produced by SCEE (or someone else outside of Polyphony) rather that by Polyphony itself. If that makes any difference.

Looks like they've added some new content for the first time in a long while.
 
I could make a site better than that. Cheap with a logo and links to the playstation.jp site.:crazy:
 
^I know, it is pretty poor.......considering how big a game GT4 is going to be.....also it gets updated rarely!
 
TriplePlay
I could make a site better than that. Cheap with a logo and links to the playstation.jp site.:crazy:

Its not a particulaly sparkling site for what promises to be the Best racing game on PS2.

And the note about the release date info, leads you to think the producers of this site is not as upto speed as they should be.

The info and pics on there are old.
 
I pretty poor attempt I'd say for what is going to be one of the best PS2 games ever released before the system becomes "old"....PD should be pushing it loads by having amazing sites with loads of cool info, pics, movies etc... I have seen alot better teaser sites for games not yet released than GT's one!.....Hell, look at SRS's page....with all the shockwave content and stuff......that is one of many that I call a good games site.....

But GT has never really been good at offical websites, have you noticed that?
 
The PD site is boring yes but I think that will change soon enough, also as for Gran Turismo World, it is the official GT site and it was a quick throw up according to the guy who did it as he says so in the UK forum. As for GT never having good sites I always thought the official japanese GT3 site was pretty impressive, :)
 
Yeah........the Japanese sites are good.........its just the world sites......like for all the other countries are quite bad.......
 
robin2223
I pretty poor attempt I'd say for what is going to be one of the best PS2 games ever released before the system becomes "old"....PD should be pushing it loads by having amazing sites with loads of cool info, pics, movies etc... I have seen alot better teaser sites for games not yet released than GT's one!.....Hell, look at SRS's page....with all the shockwave content and stuff......that is one of many that I call a good games site.....

But GT has never really been good at offical websites, have you noticed that?

Well they say those companies with the worst web sites do the best work since they don't have time to sit around and waste time on a slick site, rather they focus on their work or product. Like PD.

I for one would rather PD worry about GT4, finishing and releasing it, than deal with a slick shockwave website.
 
Don't you think the inclusion of a picture of a nitrous bottle on an office website for a specific game would be misleading if there is no intention of it being in the game? What's a "sitekit" anyway?
 
Havent got a clue why there's a NOS bottle there!, I wish there was a reason!......A site kit I think is to allow you to make your own GT apprecation site.......like a fan site.....correct me if im wrong!
 
Back