Polyphony Digital Will "Add More Events Through Updates" to GT Sport's Campaign Mode

I hope they bring back the Sierra time rally special event. That mode was fun in GT6.

I highly doubt it, not in it's original form anyway, seems like all the circuits in GT Sport are built to FiA safety specifications or something, which is why there are not places where on track you can get air. Which probably explains why not a single original course from past GT's is in the game yet along with having to be rebuilt would also slow their transition. Only courses in are FiA certified real courses and course built by PD that meet some sort of criteria FiA set forth since I'm sure we'll race on them in the FiA championships.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on October 13th, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.
I mean really. Offline Championship races have always been what the career mode of Gran Turismo has always been. Sunday Cup up GT Championship. But no, they only have license test and mission races. No 6, 12, 24 HR endurance races, which is BS I might add. They based a game entirely as an online game. This is basically the COD of racing. The online racing better be good. I had 10 MBPS internet when I was playing GT6 and the online racing was extremely twitchy and skippy and totally kills the racing. Oh and not everyone is good enough to get recognized on Gran Turismo to score a racing seat for a racing team. Except me.

Thanks for telling us your "crew" size:lol:? This game will sell millions and all 20 of your sales won't effect PD. They'll continue to push out good games and you'll be on pc. At least we can all be happy!
Yall can kid yourself all you want. Ive been a major fan of the series since it launched 20 years ago. And this by far is the worst. Everyone complained about 5, even more complained about 6. At least the core of those games were still gran turismo. This current "gran turismo" dont offer anything else that any other racing sim on the market does, and what it does do it does worse.

Always online to play ANYTHING? Online ONLY saves? No customization other then stickers? No campaign to speak of, just a bunch of license tests? No dynamic weather or time, the smallest car and track list of any racer this gen, AI thats completely broken should i keep going??

I know im not the only one diaappointed in this game. There are many more, and i see this being one of the worst, if not THE worse selling GT in the series. Add all of that to the fact that its releasing right after forza 7 and project cars 2, and we will see just how well the sales numbers really will be. And see what the reviews say once they are out. PD may have omce been the king of the sim racing scene, especially on consoles. But they are gonna need more then just their name to sell these days in a market thats suddenly been flooded with sim racers. They needed to really step it up this time, and when you look at what we get and the competition, the simple fact is that they didnt.

I mean really. Offline Championship races have always been what the career mode of Gran Turismo has always been. Sunday Cup up GT Championship. But no, they only have license test and mission races. No 6, 12, 24 HR endurance races, which is BS I might add. They based a game entirely as an online game. This is basically the COD of racing. The online racing better be good. I had 10 MBPS internet when I was playing GT6 and the online racing was extremely twitchy and skippy and totally kills the racing. Oh and not everyone is good enough to get recognized on Gran Turismo to score a racing seat for a racing team. Except me.

The online experience is so good. When matching doesn’t fail ;)

It's all up to you PD... In a time when even those who surpassed GT are now falling into the mainstream tendencies, making their games much less enjoyable, Gran Turismo Sport could be the last hope for those of us who grew up with the classic formula.

I will be very impressed, but also very joyful if GTS unexpectedly ends up being the best GT ever made. And certainly if it ends up being the best car game out there.

Yall can kid yourself all you want. Ive been a major fan of the series since it launched 20 years ago. And this by far is the worst. Everyone complained about 5, even more complained about 6. At least the core of those games were still gran turismo. This current "gran turismo" dont offer anything else that any other racing sim on the market does, and what it does do it does worse.

Always online to play ANYTHING? Online ONLY saves? No customization other then stickers? No campaign to speak of, just a bunch of license tests? No dynamic weather or time, the smallest car and track list of any racer this gen, AI thats completely broken should i keep going??

I know im not the only one diaappointed in this game. There are many more, and i see this being one of the worst, if not THE worse selling GT in the series. Add all of that to the fact that its releasing right after forza 7 and project cars 2, and we will see just how well the sales numbers really will be. And see what the reviews say once they are out. PD may have omce been the king of the sim racing scene, especially on consoles. But they are gonna need more then just their name to sell these days in a market thats suddenly been flooded with sim racers. They needed to really step it up this time, and when you look at what we get and the competition, the simple fact is that they didnt.

Again, subjective.

There's one thing GT offers that other sims don't: working controls out of the box. :P

Everyone complained about 5, even more complained about 6.

What, so 110% of people?

This current "gran turismo" dont offer anything else that any other racing sim on the market does

You have the chance to become an FIA world champion from your living room, call me up when Forza does something similar.

Always online to play ANYTHING?

Arcade mode is offline and offers more options than previous entries in the series.

No customization other then stickers?

An in-depth livery editor, custom rims, racing numbers, windshield banners, performance upgrades with mileage points you earn.

No campaign to speak of, just a bunch of license tests?

...and mission races, and circuit practicing, and driving etiquette.

the smallest car and track list of any racer this gen

Assetto Corsa had the smallest car list this gen.

i see this being one of the worst, if not THE worse selling GT in the series.

Can I have your crystal ball please?

They needed to really step it up this time, and when you look at what we get and the competition, the simple fact is that they didnt.

Again, opinions aren't facts.

Again, subjective.

There's one thing GT offers that other sims don't: working controls out of the box. :P
Wait....what part of that is subjective? Is what i said about lack of dynamic weather and time an opinon? Is the mandatory online connection and online saves to PDs servers just my preference? Was it the part that it has the lowest car count and track count the "subjective" part?

Im not understanding here... Everything i mentioned is confirmed facts that you can look up yourself. The fact that the competition does what vt sport does but better is fact. Yes i have my opinons, but these things ard confirmed true, and are the things thats dragging the game down and making the compitetion better in comparison.

Now i WILL give credit where it is due. The handling is really good on a controller, which being out of town for business is what ive been stuck with. Much better then project cars was out of the box. And the online is alot better then assetto corsas online on consoles on launch. But also remember you are comparing those to 2 nortoriously bad issues each game had in the 1st place. So basically, the controlls and online..work on gran turismo (well when the online does work)

Other then that, juat what are you saying i said was "subjective"?

First off, let's wait and see what we really get when the full game drops. I do like the offline experience when one of my league events is not running but so far my online experience has been much better. I believe the rating system, although far from perfect, has drivers thinking about their actions and yes conciquences. I am a little frustrated that the AI is not vastly improved but that can be tweaked. But honestly for me online against real people is just way more fun! If you truly want clean organized racing then join a league, even with the short comings in some areas the experience and friendships you develop take racing to a whole new level. The unprodictable human is the best opponent ever.
My best example is back in GT5 prologue and what the TPRA did with that limited platform and how much fun we had, he'll online was in its infancy , servers sucked and we still had a blast. It's all in what you make it. Your choice. I know on here I'm mrjake but my ps bamboo4wt. See ya out there

What, so 110% of people?

You have the chance to become an FIA world champion from your living room, call me up when Forza does something similar.

Arcade mode is offline and offers more options than previous entries in the series.

An in-depth livery editor, custom rims, racing numbers, windshield banners, performance upgrades with mileage points you earn.

He’s using what we now call ‘’Alternative Facts’’

The more offline content, the better. But as long as we can earn unlimited in-game credits thru arcade mode for cars and upgrades, I'm good.:)
Upgrades use the Mileage system so you actually have to drive to get upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:
What, so 110% of people?

What, so 110% of people?

You clearly werent part of gt planet when both games were released

Yeah you realise that thats only in certain countries, and its still not going to work that way. Basically it CAN be used as essentially class credit towards getting your racing license. Might want to actually look into it, the reality is more closer to a gimmick that you have clearly fallen for

Except its not, as you have to be connected to the servers to play it.

Again. Stickers. Already said that. Yay. As far as the performance upgrade its the most basic generic system ive seen in any game. Reminds me of old need for speed and midnight club games from like 15 years ago. Way to take a bunch of steps backwards...

..and mission races, and circuit practicing, and driving etiquette.
You mean the replacements for the license tests? Did you even play previous gran turismos?!?!

Possibly when it launched on pc...last gen... Currently there are 170 in the game. Of course not counting mods.

So...??

You clearly werent part of gt planet when both games were released

A group of people on a forum doesn't account for the tens of millions of copies GT5 and 6 sold combined.

Except its not, as you have to be connected to the servers to play it.

Read some articles, already confirmed to not need server access in spite of the beta. Fake news.

Again. Stickers. Already said that. Yay. As far as the performance upgrade its the most basic generic system ive seen in any game. Reminds me of old need for speed and midnight club games from like 15 years ago. Way to take a bunch of steps backwards...

So it's more in depth than just stickers, you can't empirically prove a point through opinion.

You mean the replacements for the license tests? Did you even play previous gran turismos?!?!

I have, since when did previous Gran Turismo games ever feature racing etiquette, circuit experience, or the same style of mission races as GT Sport.

Possibly when it launched on pc...last gen... Currently there are 170 in the game. Of course not counting mods.

Just looked up the car list, almost half of that is just DLC, not including free cars added in patches.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-car-and-track-list.52638/
So I suppose we won't let GT Sport include DLC in the total car count going by your logic.

"Having preparations" to do something doesn't mean that something will actually be done. Kaz is the master of being vague, he's like a politician.

Who gives a ****. With the complete lackluster career mode and the most horrifying AI ever, who gives a crap about more stupid ass "career missions". How about they work on fixing the complete atrocious and broken AI 1st huh? You know, the ai who contactly runs into you, purposely rams you and spins you out and isnt even effected themselves. Especially that white viper. That viper is the devil himself. Every. Single. Time.

This game and series has become a gigantic joke. Way too late releases, and ever since gt5 just complete trash. Forza has become a more then full price $100 microtransaction fest, GT has been a complete waste of time with broken promises and delay after delay year after year, and the rest of the racing sims have no career or progression to even speak of.

At a time where there are so many racing games out there, where it finally sees its day, its completely dying at the same time. All crap.

After spending over 6 hours trying to do the last endurance race in the demo, only to be continuly wiped out over and over, fighting to the front of the pack just to be magically wiped out on the last turn of the last lap, im done. Anyone cant disagree or fanboy all they want, but dont kid yourself. This game was NOT worth the wait. At all. My biggest reason i got a ps2 was gt3. Ps3 was gt5, which i had to wait years for. Same with why i got a ps4. You knkw what? Sorry sony, and PD. You lose. I will not be getting a ps5, or the next gran turismo, and neither will any of my crew of 20. We have all decided to go with pc and not wait around for another crapfest from pd. Half of us have already moved to pc. Some of us probably even wont be alive for the next gran turismo considering we will be stuck with this garbage for another decade.
Wow your really angry! I have played GT since the first one. And I can tell you the game oozes quality! I could spend hours looking through the various museums. They replaced the various races into a mission structure. It's a lot more structured now imho. It invites for more free SP content! change is always difficult, but PD made bold decisions with this game to really bring out a new kind of GT.

A group of people on a forum doesn't account for the tens of millions of copies GT5 and 6 sold combined.

Read some articles, already confirmed to not need server access in spite of the beta. Fake news.

So it's more in depth than just stickers, you can't empirically prove a point through opinion.

I have, since when did previous Gran Turismo games ever feature racing etiquette, circuit experience, or the same style of mission races as GT Sport.

Just looked up the car list, almost half of that is just DLC, not including free cars added in patches.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-car-and-track-list.52638/
So I suppose we won't let GT Sport include DLC in the total car count going by your logic.
It doesnt matter how "in depth" your sticker applying is, your still just putting stickers on your car. So, yeah, your OPINON may be that its more then that...But its putting stickers on your car. Cool sure. A replacement for the maintenance/oil changes/performance shop where you could upgrade you exhaust, engine interals, intakes, driveline parts ect? No. Not even close.

It dosent matter how many of the cars were dlc, free or otherwise in assetto corsa. Fact is thats the amount of cars thats out right now as oppose to how many gran turismo decided to launch with. Dont hold your breath on that "500 cars" bs either. Ill believe it when i see it. If you remember we have been promised alot that was never delivered and taken back on gt5 and gt6. Besides, think about that. Thats what, 350 dlc cars? You think thats gonna be free??? Hahaha. I smell a microtransaction fiasco ALONG with a 49.99 season pass announced. And maybe in actuality still MAYBE a 100 cars total dlc, if you have deep deep pockets.

Arcade mode may be playable, but you will not get anything for doing so unless your online. Zero progression or saves unless your online. So...fake news mr trump??? And yes, all those lil races and mini missions are far more styled in design to represent the license tests from past gran turismos as oppose to the actual cups and seasons that were ALSO in past gran turismos. Maybe someone needs to go back and play some of the older titles again? Or for the 1st time even??

Wow your really angry! I have played GT since the first one. And I can tell you the game oozes quality! I could spend hours looking through the various museums. They replaced the various races into a mission structure. It's a lot more structured now imho. It invites for more free SP content! change is always difficult, but PD made bold decisions with this game to really bring out a new kind of GT.
They made a bold decision and brought out a new kind of GT for sure. BUT i dont think its for the better. We already have what gt is givin us. Its a shame cause the graphics ard great, the sounds have been greatly improved, and the controlls are as buttery smooth as ever. I will admit. But the rest? Theres just too much other competition out there and GT isnt bringing anything different to the table, isnt stickin to what made them the "ultimate driving simulator", and what it does do it does seemingly worse then the competition.

And then releasing right after 2 of their biggest competitors new games, are they TRYING to self destruct here? Maybe Kaz is getting tired. Maybe he dont wanna do it anymore. And this is his lashing out/cry for help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda like it that they have condensed the amount of cars this time around. I dont care about 700 cars which are nice to look at, but not sure that they all have unique handling, sound and feel to them, nor that those numbers are real.
Let me explain. I'm an engineer, and sometimes we use charts an graphs from certain product catalogues to do some calculations. I know for a fact, that those numbers and graphs are a guestimation. Sure, small portion of that data is really based on measurements in labs. Other data is than extrapolated from that data with some error, and the rest is deliberatlly altered to make it look different. And reason is that there is to much of data to aquire it properly trough measurements.

Now if you have 700, 1000 or what ever crazy number of cars, no way that all of them are trully authentic. And yeah, I'm 35, wife and a kid, day job, constant home improvement projects... Guess what .. I don't have time for 700 cars...sheesh. You know who has time for that- kids. And guess what kids want-more and more toys, so they whine about how they don't have enough cars, tracks, stickers... GTS is not for them (with racing etiquete, rules etc), that's how I see it.

150, 170 cars...now that's doable. They could really male those cars unique, and give us true experience.

Re Kaz's Twit:

Whatever Dude!.. I hear nothing you say, unless you allow us to save our offline progress.

Really hoping there's a serious language barrier when you address offline progress or the franchise in general. If that is the case then I suggest you find another translater and religate homie to his underdesk futon with a copy of 'English for Dummies' ;)

It is very apparent you are not happy with GT Sport, its content, direction the franchise has taken or much of anything about the game by your post. That is cool as not everyone has the same wants or desires out of a game and we each have the right to our own opinions. I think you will find that there are many people that think this game has a very polished feeling, is fun to race without spending hours trying to find the perfect spring rates or shock rebound settings to make the car even somewhat driveable at something approaching racing speeds.

There are games that offer a more hardcore sim experience and for some that is their cup of tea, for others it is a game that they can have fun playing and racing minus the engineering degree, taking and making cool looking liveries for their cars and some like me enjoy watching an almost movie like playback of a race they just finished running.

But regardless it is good that the gaming market is giving us as consumers multiple choices and games that have a different focus and content that everyone that wants a racing game can find a game that is capable of making their owners smile.

This particular game I think from the demo is off to a good start and I look forward to what the full unlocked game offers in content we have not yet seen or what DLC can add to the game in the future.

Sorry to see you dislike the game so much and if I were you and what the game lacks affected me in such a negative manner I would suggest you would be better off to not purchase the full game!.

I want seasonals to come back (pretty sure they will), I'm not an online fan generally, have had some fun in the past so I'll look at it obviously, trolls crashing into you is the thing that made me skip it generally - accidents can happen though too even for the best of us.

I want the PP performance difference to come back, I LOVED that, I asked for it and PD delivered it, it was just so awesome to take a really slow car and push it to the limits to win a larger prize as a result. Already there's hope of this with the 1 player AI races where you can dial the difficulty to the max in some settings, including playing in a class above your car, to win more prize money. I also like the 50%+ for a clean race bonus, it's so easy with bots to ram your way through but it's so much more rewarding doing so with clean passes, in my opinion.

You must have missed the reported issues with both the contoller and wheels.

Difference is that it doesn’t take the average GT player an hour or so just to have the controls work enough get a car around.

I don’t want to turn this into another this vs that topic, but no one can really say that GT’s controls are something that needs immediate tweaking in the menu settings.

I know about the oversteer issue and for the time being I just set the oversteer aid correction thing to strong until PD fixes it.

Back