Pop Quiz - Last Five CDs boughtMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter vat_man
  • 122 comments
  • 5,774 views

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
Messages
9,428
Okay, in the style of the recent DVD quiz, now list your last five CDs bought- full length albums or minimum 6 track EP, no singles.

Me...

Berth Orton - Central Reservation
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
Doves - The Last Broadcast
Midnight Oil - Capricornia
Air - 10000hz Legend

If you have trouble remembering them all, post what you can recall and come back and edit the others in when the 'fog' lifts.
 
papa roach - lovehatetragedy
metallica -s&m


uhhhhh.....i cant remember the others, its been a while......
 
foo fighters - there is nothing left to lose
eminem - the eminem show
rob zombie - the sinnister urge
cypress hill - stoned raiders
mary j blige - no more dramas
 
Tenacious D
DJ Shadow - The Private Press
Aphrodite - Aftershock
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Plastic Fang
Weezer - Maladroit
 
Sheesh, make it hard why don't you. This is in no order:

Bruce Springsteen, 'Tunnel of Love'
John Mellencamp, 'Human Wheels'
Bruce Springsteen, 'The Rising'
Bruce Springsteen, 'Human Touch' (ick!)
John Mellencamp, 'Nothin' Matters and what if it did'
 
Korn - Untouchables
Linkin Park - Reanimation
Slipknot - Iowa (my 3rd copy of it)
DMX - The Great Depression
Eminem - The Eminem Show
 
Uhhhh... M5's on some sort of hometown rock kick looks like. Like Mellencamp but not Bruce... though I do admit to liking some Bruce songs. I just could never bring myself to admit to liking him.

Here we go from most recent:

Asia ~ Alpha (bargain bin, couldn't pass it up)
Black Sabbath ~ Paranoid (replacing a stolen one)
Kamelot ~ Karma (finally!)
Opeth ~ Still Life (Glad I found this band)
Joe Satriani ~ Flying in a Blue Dream (Better late than never!)

Still looking for the Jag Panzer Mechanized Warfare album and I briefly considered Apostrophe by Frank Zappa, but I'd rather have Lather... which is harder to find for some reason. Something else I'd like to get is some Coroner on vinyl.
 
Oh, cheez, this is going to be tough:

No! - They Might Be Giants
The newest (I forget the title) - Incubus
The one before that - Incubus
And All That Might Have Been - Nine Inch Nails
The Trinity Session - Cowboy Junkies

... I think those are the last five, anyway.
 
in no particular order....


Rob Zombie - The Sinister Urge
Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals
Linkin Park - Reanimation
Trust Company - The Lonely Position of Neutral
 
Trust Company - The Lonely Position Of Neutral
12 Stones
Korn - The Untouchables
Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss
Drowning Pool - Sinner
 
Originally posted by Dolbytone
Uhhhh... M5's on some sort of hometown rock kick looks like. Like Mellencamp but not Bruce... though I do admit to liking some Bruce songs. I just could never bring myself to admit to liking him.


:lol:

Not a 'kick.' I've liked this music for 18 years!
 
Heh, I bought 5 on my vacation and didn't have enough money to travel back home. Thank God for Western Union.

Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
Oasis - Definitely Maybe
12 Stones - 12 Stones
Jimi Hendrix - Smash Hits
Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape
 
In no order:

Ashanti- Ashanti:)

Ludacris- Word Of Mouf:cool:

Irv Gotti Presents: The Inc:cool:

J To Tha L-O! The Remixes:)

Janet Jackson- All For You:D
 
yeah, 11 year old girls need those CDs.
don't hog 'em.
 
Cypress Hill - Stoned Raiders (Rap songs kick ass, rock ones blow)
Kottonmouth Kings - Hidden Stash II (awesome bass!)
Long Beach Dub Allstars - Wonders Of The World(classic)
Pharcyde - Bizarre Ryde II(old skew hip hop)
Goldfinger - Hang Ups (didn't like it)
 
Metallica-ReLoad
Metallica-S&M
Metallica- Master of Puppets
RHCP-By the Way
Green Day- Superhits
 
1. Static X - Wisconsin Death Trip
2. Bad Religion - The Process of belief
3. System Of a Down - Errr the one with the Hand
4. Nativity in black Vol 2 - Black Sabbath Tribute CD
5. Soil - Scars

I wouldve counted that muse album that I bought, but it sucked ass big time............well it did
 
Originally posted by vat_man
Berth Orton - Central Reservation

Good album...I also like Berth quite a bit. :Poke:

Most recently (but not in order, I can't be expected to remember everything :D ) -

Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily (on DVD-Audio. I've had the CD for years)

Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead (also DVD-Audio)

The Police - Outlandos D'Amour (I, too, need to find some new music)

Silent Hill 1&2 OST (Don't laugh. there's some good stuff in there).
 
Originally posted by vat_man
I understand - I really hate Muse...

Well it only cost £6 but ive only listened to it 2 times and that was bout 2 months ago I think?
Edit: What was that? am I a ***ing retard or something?

Edit:Obviously or I wouldn't have put a huge Japanese smiley in my post.
 
seether - disclaimer
silverchair - the very best volume 1
avril lagine - let go
iron maiden - powerslave
12 stones

I CANNOT WAIT FOR CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!!
 
korn - untouchables
soil - scars
papa roach - lovehatetragedy
drowning pool - sinner
incubus - s.c.i.e.n.c.e
 
Adema
The White Stripes-White Blood Cells
Radiohead-OK Computer
Bowling for Soup-Drunk Enough to Dance
Deftones-Adrenaline
 
I've been quite active on the CD buying front recently, so I'm going to list more than five!

Chemical Brothers - Come With Us (actually a record company freebie!!)
John Digweed - MMII
Faithless - Sunday 8pm
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
Paul Oakenfold - Bunkka
DJ Shadow - The Private Press
IdleWild - The Remote Part

and a couple of bargains...

New Order - Low Life
New Order - Movement

and a concert DVD...

Depeche Mode - One Night in Paris.
 
Originally posted by CrackHoor


You like?? I sure do. Did you get the 2-CD version?

Yes to both questions. I haven't listened much to the second disc - it arrived the day I went to the States, so I only got chance to minidisc the first disc (see http://forums.gtplanet.net/showthread.php?postid=354305#post354305 for mutterings on my MiniDisc player). I did listen to about ten minutes of the second disc before leaving, sounded good. I especially like "Mongrel Meets His Maker" and the "Motorway" tracks. Check out www.giles-guthrie.com/reviews in a couple of days for my thoughts. :)
 
A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms
Avril Lavigne - Let Go
Linkin Park - Reanimation
Labyrinth soundtrack
Negative Space - From All Thoughts Everywhere
 
Its been awhile since I've bought cds. I usually either get my music off the net via WINMX or go to the library and burn copies of them. :D
 
Originally posted by viper_maniac
Its been awhile since I've bought cds. I usually either get my music off the net via WINMX or go to the library and burn copies of them. :D

Bloody Freeloader :D

*bump*

Also

Our Lady Peace - Gravity
Our Lady Peace - Clumsy
Lostprophets - The Fake Sound Of Progress
 
Back