Pop Quiz - Last Five CDs boughtMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter vat_man
  • 122 comments
  • 5,774 views
I bought 'Everything But the Girl - Amplified Heart' for my mom and 'Morphine - Cure for Pain' for myself the other day.

Both are good albums.

Originally posted by neon_duke
Start with Ruby Vroom. It's their first and best. Irresistable Bliss and El Oso are both good also.

I saw El Oso, but decided to spend my change on the Morphine album.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
I saw El Oso, but decided to spend my change on the Morphine album.
Cool! Cure For Pain is nominally their best, but it's a little on the short side. I heard the sax intro and the first 10 bars of "Buena" and I was hooked on the band. If that whets your appetite for Morphine (heh), pick up Like Swimming next. But I think I would get Soul Coughing's Ruby Vroom before I bought a second Morphine album, if I were you and I were limited to one CD. But eventually you should get them both.
 
Nizza. Ruby Vroom, Like Swimming have been added to my wishlist. Buena is a great song, but I like Thursday best of all their work.

Thanks again, Duke. You have the best musical taste here.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
Nizza. Ruby Vroom, Like Swimming have been added to my wishlist. Buena is a great song, but I like Thursday best of all their work.
"Her husband's a very violent, a violent and jealous man - now I gotta leave this town, gotta leave while I still can!"
:lol:
Thanks again, Duke. You have the best musical taste here.
Why thank you, and you're welcome. That's because I like a very wide variety of types of music, but I'm very selective about what I like within those types.
 
Well, I've picked up a couple in recent months:

Kosheen - Kokopelli
Feeder - Comfort in Sound
Massive Attack - 100th Window

Took me a while to get into 100th Window. It needs plenty of listens and plenty of volume. I'm reconfiguring my study stereo because of it!
 
well lets see... there was 1. Vanilla ice 2. MC Hammer 3. NKOTB... me buy CDs. :odd: :irked: Ha Ha, no seriously... I haven't gotten one at least new since I found out how much I was being screwed... but I have actually bought a used one in the last month. Single Cell Orchestra

Nick:banghead:
 
I usually don't buy CD's, the last 2 that I bought were:

Tool - Lateralus
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
 
Over the past month or so I've picked up:

Ben Folds Five - Whatever And Ever, Amen
Hot Water Music - Fuel For The Hate Game
Hot Water Music - Caution
At The Drive-in - Relationship Of Command
 
It's been a while. I think these:
Chemical Brothers -- Dig Your Own Hole
Orbital -- The Altogether
Clannad -- The Ultimate Collection
Björk -- Homogenic
Future Trance Vol. 16
 
From most recent:

1: Rothko "Wish For A World..."
2: Plaid "Spokes"
3: Mars Volta "De-Loused In The Comatorium"
4: Mu "Afro Finger And Gel"
5: cEvin Key "Dragon Experience"
 
Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head
 
Originally posted by SublimeDood10
At The Drive-in - Relationship Of Command

I almost bought that today, but it was too expensive and I saw a CD that wasn't even out in the UK yet so........

Static X - Shadow Zone
Bad Religion - All ages

All ages is awesome, it's allot of their really old stuff.
 
I just got 'DJ Shadow - Private Press' and 'Tool - Undertow' for my birthday.

I asked for a Joy Division CD, and my mom said no one at Strawberries has ever heard of them. I find that pitiful.
 
Rush - Daurde (Very Good)
Before The Storm - Darude (Very Good)
Easy To Assemble - Chicane (Excellent)
Original Japanese Soundtrack to "Akira" (It's nice if you like the music from Akira)
Vice City OST (Very Good)
Enigma - LSD Love, Sensuality, and Devotion (Pretty good. It's kinda old though.)
Simon and Garfunkel Live From New York 1967 (Good)
Fountains Of Wayne - Welcome Interstate Managers (Is it me, or are They trying to be like The Beatles?)
Limp Bizkit - Results May Vary (I don't like this.)
And I should be getting Nyana - DJ Tiesto, and Addicted To Music - ATB today.
 
nofx-War on Errorism

pennywise-From the Ashes

AFI-Sing the Sorrow

nofx-45 or 46 Songs That Weren't Good Enough to Go on Our Other Records

nofx-Pump Up the Valuum
 
2 Pac - Better Dayz

2 Pac - Until The End Of Time

2 Pac - Greates Hits

50 Cent, G - Unit - Beg For Mercy

Chingy - Jackpot
 
I bought a few Cd's today.

Led Zeppelin - The very best of
KMFDM - KMFDM
KMFDM - Angst
Fear Factory - Remanufacture
Incubus - Morning View
Incubus - Make yourself
At the drive in - in/casino/out
Metallica - Master of puppets (Replacement)
Metallica - And justice for all (Replacement)
 
You buy too many CDs. Or maybe I don't buy enough.

Just he other day I bought:

MC 900 Ft. Jesus - Welcome to My Dream
Junior Brown - 12 Shades of Brown

And about a month ago, I bought Depeche Mode - Violator
 
Skinny Puppy- Brap
Bauhaus- Press Eject and Give me the Tape
Wumpscut- Wreath of Barbs
Christian Death- Death Mix
Thats all.. :p
 
Incubus-A Crow Left Of The Murder
Nickleback- The Long Road
Three Days Grace
Deadsy-Commencement(omfg this cd rules!!!)

i'm gonna pick up some bad religion, deadsy and maybe even switchfoot cd's next week.
 
Oh jeez, cd's bought huh?
Lets see, here goes:
-Ozzy: Diary of a Madman (replaced broken one)
-Bone Thug: Creepin on ah come up (replaced broken one)
-Crystal Method: Vegas
-Slayer: Reign in Blood (replaced lost one)
-Sepultura: Arise (replaced broken one)
 
I don't buy many CD's so here goes...

Rush - Rush In Rio (It's the DVD, but it's still music)
The Who - The Who's Greatest Hits
AC/DC - High Voltage
That's all I can remember atm.
 
Last cd I bought was The Punisher soundtrack and I bought that last week.
 
Let me think.

Dream Theater - Six degrees of inner turbulence
Dream Theater - Images and words
Anthrax - The collection
The Mars Volta - De Loused In the Comatorium
Janes Addiction - Strays
Janes Addiction - Ritual de lo habitual
err
Oh yeah
Incubus - A crow left of the murder
Lostprophets - startsomething

Probably some others i've missed.

Edit:

Fear Factory - Demanufacture
Fear Factory - Digimortal
dredg - Lemotif

I think that's it.

Oh yeah and KMFDM - WWIII

I think I do buy too many cd's.

Edit: At the drive in - Relationship of command.
And Pitchshifter - PSI
NIN - Pretty hate machine
NIN - The downward spiral

Yes I do buy too many cd's.
 
Dreamtheater - Train of thought
Led Zepplin - How the west was won

These are the only 2 CD's Ive bought in the last 3 months
 
Originally posted by Viper_Maniac
Last cd I bought was The Punisher soundtrack and I bought that last week.

The Punisher looks so ****ing awesome. I think I might go wait out at the movie theater for it to open.

Still, I doubt it can touch the raw beauty of the original Dolph Lundgren classic.
 
1. They Might Be Giants - Mink Car
2. Pennywise - Pennywise
3. Penyywise - Full Circle
4. Pennywise - Straight Ahead
5. Millencolin - Home From Home
6. Pennywise - Land Of The Free?
7. Ac/Dc - High Voltage
8. P.O.D. - S/T

I Like Pennywise
 
In no particular order...

1. Jean-Michel Jarre: Magnetic Fields
2. Jean-Michel Jarre: Oxygene
3. Snow Patrol: Final Straw
4. Keane: Hopes and Fears (pre-order)
5. Red Hot Chilli Peppers: Best Of
6. Radiohead: Hail to the Thief
7. Lamb: Between Darkness and Light.

Been on a bit of a spree recently...
 
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Soundgarden - Down on the Upside
(i think those are the names. I just bought them so I could rip them to my mp3 player)

Frankly, those are the only 2 cds I've ever bought. Everytime I find a cd on the net that's worth paying for, I find out that none of the music stores in toronto have even heard of the band :irked:
 
Back