Populuxe Cowboy's Swinging Space-Age Bachelor Pad & Photomode Roundup

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 140 comments
Last edited:
I did all this on my iPad. I'm an inveterate iPhoneographer, and one of my favorite apps is Hipstamatic. I thought it would be fun to run a few photos through their Oggl app and see what I could come up with.

Beetle/Jimmy Lens/BlacKeys XF Film

Bus/James M Lens/US1776 Film

GTI/Lucas Lens/Ina's 1982 Film

Scirocco/Burke Lens/Shilshole Film

Last edited:
It was Lancia day today. Once again I used Hipstamatic's Oggl app to process these photos.

Fulvia/Hornbecker Lens/AO DLX Film

Stratos/Jack London Lens/Telegraph Film

Delta S4/Vincent Lens/Rijks Film

Delta/Watts Lens/Big Up Film

037/Benedict Lens/Hackney Film

I decided to keep using iPhone photo apps to process photos, but I used different apps this time. These are all photos I've already posted here, but with new looks to them.

Lancia Fulvia processed with Swankolab from Hipstamatic, one of the only apps that simulates developing your own film. A selection of different virtual chemicals can be mixed in thousands of different ways to create almost any effect you want.

Renault Alpine A110 processed with Popsicolor. I love this app, dozens of colors and plenty of effects lets you create gorgeous watercolor images.

Maserati Type 61 and 300S processed with Koloid. It simulates the collodion photographic process that was popular from the 1850s to the 1880s when it was largely replaced with the dry gelatin plate process. You swirl a pool of developing chemicals around the photo to make it come into view, but too much and it burns the photo.

Lancia Fulvia processed with Plastica. This is a Hipstamatic competitor from Korea. Like Hipstamatic, you have a choice of films and lenses to create different effects. Unlike Hipstamatic, there has been no update to the app since it was introduced nearly two years ago. Despite that, I quite like it.

Dodge Dart processed with XProcess by youthhr. Cross processing is the developing of photos using chemicals not meant for that film. It produces strange and unpredictable colors and light.

Toyota 2000GT process with Kitcamera. There was an earlier version of this app called KitCam. The company put a lot of work into it and supported it with a lot of add-ons and updates, but after only about 6 months, they sold out to a bigger company and stopped supporting KitCam. So another company came along, bought it, renamed it Kitcamera and reintroduced it. So I have two versions of the same app on my phone. And I'm not deleting either one, either, because of their fun selections of lenses, films and frames.

Mercury Coupe processed with ScratchCam. I love this app. You can really grunge up a photo with scratches, textures and colors that make it look like it's been folded or scratched or burned or otherwise badly mishandled.

Aston Martin DB5 processed with Pixlr-O-Matic. This is a real simple app. There are no adjustments. Just swipe through all the different looks available until you find the one you like.

Last edited:
I thought I'd do something a little different and show you the original photos alongside the photos after I've processed them through Hipstamatic's Oggl app.

It's time I combined two of my favorite things: Cars and My Little Pony. All of these cars share the same design template: they're all older cars from the '60s to the '80s painted to look like the Mane 6 from My Little Pony. The body color is the color of their coats, the off-set stripes are the color of their manes, the wheels are the color of their eyes, and they all have their cutie marks (all of which I made myself from scratch) on their rear flanks.

We'll start with my favorite character, Twilight Sparkle, in my favorite car, the Lancia Fulvia Coupe. Common sense, practical, and yet fun, just like Twilight herself.

Rainbow Dash is a Lamborghini Jalpa, because, let's face it, a Lamborghini is about 20% cooler than any other car in the world.

Fluttershy has a lot in common with the Alpine A110. They're both beautiful and rather quirky.

In FH1, Applejack was a Mustang. I made her a Capri this time to keep with the European setting.

Even in the pouring rain, Pinkie Pie knows how to have fun, especially as a rad C3 Corvette.

Finally, as night falls, we find Rarity pulled up in front of her favorite bistro in San Giovanni for a bit of last minute shopping and a shot of espresso in a Toyota 2000GT, a car as elegantly beautiful as Rarity herself.

Last edited:
This is my new thing. Having three versions of cars I especially like. Stock, RWD hotrod, and 4WD rally monster. First up, the Lancia Fulvia followed by the Ford Cortina Lotus.

Gotta have a stock one. Not a single modification to it. Even the paint is a stock factory color. This is the one I've owned since the very first day the game was released.

This is my hot rod. It has the rear-wheel-drive conversion. It's been built up to B700 with a supercharger on the original V4 engine. Wheels are Cragar Smoothies. The paint is a little chocolate-y confection I whipped up in the kitchen.

This is my rally monster. It has 4WD and all the Storm Island mod cons. I originally did an engine swap, putting in the turbo I-4 of the Delta S4 Group B rally car, but went back to the original V4 with a turbo on it. It's still a very healthy A800. Wheels are Cragar Bonneville Series 391. The classic and accurate Monte Carlo rally design is something I grabbed in the storefront.

Dead stock, plenty of fun as is.

My B700 hot rod. Lowered, 16-inch (up from 13 inch stock) American Racing Torq-Thrust M wheels, modern turbo I-4 engine, roll cage, spoiler and wing.

The rally monster. A800, 4WD conversion, modern turbo I-4 engine, Storm Island upgrades, classic Graham Hill Team Lotus paint scheme I found in the storefront, and American Racing Outlaw II wheels.

Here's another set of three. This time it's the Datsun 510.

Completely stock, sitting on the boardwalk in Nice.

The hot rod. A700, naturally aspirated but very healthy 2.0 I-4, Compomotive ML wheels. Paint is Ford Lime Gold Metallic. I tried it with the V-8 conversion but it was just too powerful. I had to scale it waaaay back to make it controllable again.

The rally monster. S1-900, 4WD, turbo 2.0 I-4, Cragar Street Lock D Window wheels, all the Storm Island mods, paint scheme is the classic East Africa Safari design I got in the storefront.

Just collecting together several pics I have posted in different threads around here.

15905058923_3f29ef4d65_c.jpg

16246943649_3cc03b6956_c.jpg

16402830789_bd28024795_c.jpg

16619123721_4feee6fd7b_c.jpg

Back