Populuxe Cowboy's Swinging Space-Age Bachelor Pad & Photomode Roundup

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 140 comments

16943931029_611972b232_c.jpg

16509961413_726103a74f_c.jpg

17130115905_b16669a940_c.jpg

My brother died earlier this year. He was 5 years older than me. When he was still just a teenager back around 1980, he traded in his MGC (MGB with the Austin Healey 3000 inline-6) for a 1960 Porsche 356. Altogether, it cost him about $5000. You could still find 356s for that kind of money back then because they were just twenty year old used cars, not valuable collector's cars yet. He kept it his whole life, and eventually gave it a ground up restoration. I was fortunate enough to drive it on a few occasions. While he was living in Utah for a few years, he was storing it at my parent's house, and I would come by and take it for a drive to keep it exercised. Despite the fact that his Porsche was the lowest of the three model levels with only 60hp, it was still the best car I ever drove. Skinny tires and low horsepower means you're constantly involved with driving it. You're not relying on the car's super heroic powers to pull your fat out of the fire. Instead, it's a constant stream of information being fed to you from the tires to the pedals, the steering wheel and the car seat, all giving you the info you need to get the most out of the car and enjoy the drive.

Sadly T10 hasn't seen fit to include a 356 in any of their Porsche packs yet, but they did have the 550RS, based on the 356, and that's good enough for me.

Last edited:
My personal favourite from your last few updates has to be this one.
Thank you. Let's see... I took that photo near the Forza Horizon Central Hub. If you go west from the hub, there will be a dirt path on the left that takes you southwest away from the hub. I paused the game just before I got to the trees. I then pointed the camera north and increased the zoom until San Giovanni in the background came into focus.

It's Retro Supercar Day! I was inspired by @JorgePinto and his excellent livery for the Bugatti EB110. I decided to photograph each car in an appropriate racing livery.

Here are a few odds and ends I worked on during the weekend.

I'm thinking of doing a whole series of black and white photos featuring the Maserati 300S. Such a magnificent creature, and black and white really seems to suit it.

Ah, Lancia Fulvia Coupé, my heart's desire. One day I will own one, if there is any justice in the world. (Spoiler warning: I will never own a Lancia Fulvia Coupé.) Also, I love that old church. It sits on the edge of a hill just southwest of the main festival. I think if I lived in that game, that's where I'd like to live.

Deep sepia images are really fascinating. I think I'm going to do a whole series of images shot with that filter.

Back