Porsche 991 Information Released

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 1,004 comments
Perfect video to improve your laptimes in simracing.

This is personal but I still don't get it why people like these PDK's so much. In this particular case, I get it. A PDK is easier and faster around the track and that is what this attempt is all about, I guess.

That makes me very sad that there was a crash, but happy that the car was on a track to begin with.

I imagine the GT2 RS is a very difficult car to handle, especially on a track as difficult as the Nurburgring. Surprised a crash didn't happen sooner.

I imagine the GT2 RS is a very difficult car to handle, especially on a track as difficult as the Nurburgring. Surprised a crash didn't happen sooner.
I expect it's pretty brutal as road cars go, though really that incident is probably just a "fast car" thing. Even with stability control, traction control etc turned on, it doesn't take much at somewhere like the 'Ring to put a wheel wrong or underestimate your speed in a high-performance car and end up in the barrier.

I saw a gorgeous 991.2 GT3 Touring Package. What - a - beautiful - car. :eek:

Much, much better looking without that stupid massive ironing board (rear spoiler).

Not going to edit my previous post because I want this post to be noticed.

The GT3 Touring in question.

gt3 to.jpg

Much, much better looking without that stupid massive ironing board (rear spoiler).
You take those words back. :lol:

I kid, but as much as I like the big, ridiculous looking wing on the GT3, the Touring package reminds me of the days when Porsche's performance models blended in with the normal cars, for the most part.
41038395754_17ab64a8c2_b.jpg

I kid, but as much as I like the big, ridiculous looking wing on the GT3, the Touring package reminds me of the days when Porsche's performance models blended in with the normal cars, for the most part.
Heh, Belgian license plates. One regular and the RS with oldtimer plates.

I just wish they didn't write their name on the back with the new models, it seems so redundant.

VXR
I just wish they didn't write their name on the back with the new models, it seems so redundant.
Could be worse:
upload_2018-4-29_2-40-55.png

I, for one, prefer not to own a car with a novel written on the back.

I kid, but I do prefer the P O R S C H E lettering to having the model spelled out, I think it looks a bit more elegant and less like you're trying to show off what model you could afford.

Luckily "Deletion of model designation/logo" is a free option.
I wonder if you can remove the "Porsche" lettering? I don't mind the model badges, it's the Porsche addition that makes it a bit too much.

Could be worse. My last car not only had the entire name of the car on the back, "Subaru Impreza WRX STI" (the 2004 model before they resorted to using o, but it reminded you 5 other times on the exterior alone that it was an STI. :lol:

I wonder if you can remove the "Porsche" lettering? I don't mind the model badges, it's the Porsche addition that makes it a bit too much.

A quick browse on the (Canadian) configurator doesn't show an option to remove the "Porsche" script. I'm sure most dealers would do it if requested, though.

Semi-related, but it seems the PEM program allows for some... bizarre options. I was walking by the downtown dealer last week and spotted a new 911 Turbo S, with the "S" in the same neon green treatment as the hybrid models. Strange choice.

As long as Porsche follows suit with most other manufacturers, and i don't see why they wouldn't. You can quite easily de-badge a car with a hair-dryer and a plastic spatula. As long as you're not a heavy-handed oaf.

Semi-related, but it seems the PEM program allows for some... bizarre options. I was walking by the downtown dealer last week and spotted a new 911 Turbo S, with the "S" in the same neon green treatment as the hybrid models. Strange choice.
Perhaps it was the Turbo S Edition 918 Spyder? I believe it was sold exclusively to future owners of the 918 initially. Although, this is a 997 model so maybe not the same as you saw.

2012-Porsche-911-Turbo-S-Edition-918-Spyder_Porsche-review_002.jpg

Having the model name painted is ridiculously over-priced. You can have "Porsche" painted with "Turbo S" deleted for $380. But, if you if want to keep the "Turbo S" & have it painted too, those 6 little letters will cost you an additional $300 to be painted as well. It's even the same price if you option to have "Turbo S" replaced with just "911" (which is free), and still tick the box to have both painted; $100 to paint 1 number.

Nothing for a person paying $200,000 for a car, but the thought process is across the board; it's $220 to have the 718 painted on the Cayman.

Perhaps it was the Turbo S Edition 918 Spyder? I believe it was sold exclusively to future owners of the 918 initially. Although, this is a 997 model so maybe not the same as you saw.

2012-Porsche-911-Turbo-S-Edition-918-Spyder_Porsche-review_002.jpg
That is one seriously beautiful car.

Back