Porsche 991 Information Released

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 1,004 comments
Looks great in Voodoo! As much as I love bright colored 911s, I would really like to see this in a darker shade of blue too. With the red interior and gold wheels, I think darker colors might work better. Looking forward to more PTS GT2s.

Porsche are still saying no PTS on customer GT2RS's.

Porsche are still saying no PTS on customer GT2RS's.
Hmm, weird of them to tease with their own PTS cars then. Wonder why they wouldn't offer PTS, it seemed to be very popular with the GT3 RS and isn't showing off your own unique car part of what owning an RS Porsche is about these days? :lol:

Hmm, weird of them to tease with their own PTS cars then. Wonder why they wouldn't offer PTS, it seemed to be very popular with the GT3 RS and isn't showing off your own unique car part of what owning an RS Porsche is about these days? :lol:

Manufacturing capacity.

Porsche have increased the production numbers for all GT models and PTS adds another level of complexity to the manufacturing line, slowing down production and further pressurising capacity.

Indeed. There’s another PTS example in a dark green.

However, an owner in NV reported his dealer believed the ‘19 MY could open up the window for them. But, who knows?

2 other quick things:
Evo’s review didn’t seem all that enthusiastic about the new RS, saying, “Its all too much in the wrong direction. Don’t get me wrong, I love 911s. But when it comes to the overblown GT2 RS, I find more appeal in that Cat D 996 on eBay.”

Also, there’s a video of a camo RS that appears to be running Cup gear sparking rumors of another beast. Search “Modified Porsche 911 GT2 RS Mule Testing” on YT. I’m on my phone with the post, else I would share myself.

Indeed. There’s another PTS example in a dark green.

However, an owner in NV reported his dealer believed the ‘19 MY could open up the window for them. But, who knows?

2 other quick things:
Evo’s review didn’t seem all that enthusiastic about the new RS, saying, “Its all too much in the wrong direction. Don’t get me wrong, I love 911s. But when it comes to the overblown GT2 RS, I find more appeal in that Cat D 996 on eBay.”

Also, there’s a video of a camo RS that appears to be running Cup gear sparking rumors of another beast. Search “Modified Porsche 911 GT2 RS Mule Testing” on YT. I’m on my phone with the post, else I would share myself.
This?

The car in that video is not a replacement for any current race car, or at least its definitely not a GT3/GT3 car, it’s far too conservative.

The car in that video is not a replacement for any current race car, or at least its definitely not a GT3/GT3 car, it’s far too conservative.

Who said it was a GT3 car? All current Porsche race cars are based off the GT3 variant Porsche, nothing to do with the category. Also it could be a cup car it doesn't look that conservative it has a bigger rear wing, aggressive canards and similar ventilation seen to current Porsche racers. This is a test mule, so they're probably testing a base line if they are testing for a race car, and will add to it later as testing progresses. So not sure how you're certain about it not being a test for a replacement on the RSR down the road.

4398D563-AC94-40CB-8F51-795109BDF51C.jpeg
Nobody said Gt3 but people mentioned RSR which is the GTE car. Look at the difference, that car on the vid looks like a Cup car at most (but with a turbo engine) it’s nowhere near a GT3/GTE car.

View attachment 688122 Nobody said Gt3 but people mentioned RSR which is the GTE car. Look at the difference, that car on the vid looks like a Cup car at most (but with a turbo engine) it’s nowhere near a GT3/GTE car.
It was theorized as RSR because of it looking like a more hardcore RS, like GT2 RS-R and not related to the current race car.

I think it could be a race car at the end of the day for something else, but that’s bc I find it hard to believe Porsche is already pushing the road car even more.

From reading the Evo review though it sounds like there’s still a lot of creature comforts in the GT2 RS.

Great car for those who missed out on the .1 RS. Otherwise, very lukewarm reactions from current RS owners considering you'll be paying out the nose on market adjustments for a couple new options & a small horsepower bump.

I like it! Not a whole lot of changes from the previous, but expected for a face-lift model. I do like the shade of green and the return of the side decals in official promotions.

The link you gave is down now, but here is a photo of the interior. All sorts of green.
zwgsno0lagdohp5waeos.jpg

I like it! Not a whole lot of changes from the previous, but expected for a face-lift model. I do like the shade of green and the return of the side decals in official promotions.

The link you gave is down now, but here is a photo of the interior. All sorts of green.
zwgsno0lagdohp5waeos.jpg
There’s speculation about whether or not the embargo was supposed to be lifted today or the 20th closer to Geneva to steal some thunder away from Ferrari, hence why the link is gone and all the other sites are merely copies of the original article.

I'm not thrilled with the haunches of the cars starting with the 997, and now they're getting just cartoony. I don't mean the bulding width, mind, but the vertical growth.

I'm so used to the 911's beltline gradually tapering from the trailing edge of the level quarter window to the taillights--it's starting to look like a Cayman.

I don't like the 911s with the support pillars in the back seat. It defeats the point. I get why it exists, and it's neat that it can do the things that it can do, but I wouldn't buy one in that configuration. The 911 is supposed to have a back seat, not a giant waste-of-space, this-isn't-how-we-really-designed-this-car, yes-that's-where-the-engine-would-have-gone cavity.

I'm one of the biggest Porsche fans out there, but even I'm struggling to get excited about the continuous churn of 'new' 99x models, with marginal differences to their predecessor(s).

This will probably be the final normally aspirated 911... from what I've read, the 992 GT3 will be moving to turbo/hybrid.

Latest Posts

Back