Porsche Becomes the Unofficial Mascot of April's Forzathon Events

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 160 comments
Easy objectives for the 959 starting tomorrow. Copied from the Forza forum.

April 21st-24th SHOW US WHAT YOU'RE WORKING WITH

#Forzathon Runnin' Late
Perform 10 Burnout Skills to earn 45,000 XP

#Forzathon Pork Chop
Perform 30 Lumberjack Skills in the WARTHOG to receive 120,000 CR

#Forzathon Driftworks
Get 3 Stars on 3 Drift Zones to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Morning Commute
Win a Championship to win the Porsche 959

33163457264_210aba9edf_c.jpg

It's hard to believe the 959 is 31 this year but so modern still for it's age:cool:

I can't remember - what counts for the Lumberjack skills?

Smashing through wood lying on the ground. The area under the Yarra Valley bridges has a few pieces lying around.

Smashing through thin trees and shrubbery

Smashing through trees and vegetation count as wreckage skills.

Alas I don't have/want a Warthog so I won't receive 120,000cr. Oh well.

Same here. I'll rather earn those money the hard way than driving that monstrosity. :yuck:

Unless that achievement is unlockable with the Warthog's Bucket List event, in which case I might give it a go, but even then I'm basically bathing with money right now.

Easy objectives for the 959 starting tomorrow. Copied from the Forza forum.

April 21st-24th SHOW US WHAT YOU'RE WORKING WITH

#Forzathon Runnin' Late
Perform 10 Burnout Skills to earn 45,000 XP

#Forzathon Pork Chop
Perform 30 Lumberjack Skills in the WARTHOG to receive 120,000 CR

#Forzathon Driftworks
Get 3 Stars on 3 Drift Zones to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Morning Commute
Win a Championship to win the Porsche 959

33163457264_210aba9edf_c.jpg

I am really starting to get into these Forzathon challenges because the game tends to come off as a drag at times. Best part is they are achievable.. well, almost all of em'... (darn drift tap!)

There's always the auction house. They're running between 3-6 million credits. But every once in a while, someone will put one in for a surprisingly low buyout price.
Nice, I didn't even think about that, thanks for the heads up. I don't have a lot of credits in the game, but maybe I'll grab one of the cheap ones.

If somebody buys my Ferrari 166MM (600,000 CR) I can also put up a 918 for cheap that they can snag at the same time (I have 94 million CR so I'll just buy another 918 for myself). Just want to get rid of that Ferrari as it's been sitting in my Outbox for weeks and nobody's interested in Barn Finds :(

I'll be online later tonight so if you see me online shoot me a message :)

Good luck with that. There are people with the "legendary painter" status who are buying the cheap 918s and then putting them back up on the auction house for ridiculously high prices.

www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/6634f0/can_we_discuss_the_scumbag_legend_painters_who/

Zinc peddlers are getting annoying. If T10/PG wants to give "legendary" CCs perks such as an increased buyout prices in the AH (a practise that I endorse, BTW), they need to hand out such status manually to CCs that deserve it and police the use of said perks, and not rely on an algorithm that confers that status to anybody who's gotten tot. downloads on their liveries, no matter what's the level of effort they required.

If somebody buys my Ferrari 166MM (600,000 CR) I can also put up a 918 for cheap that they can snag at the same time (I have 94 million CR so I'll just buy another 918 for myself). Just want to get rid of that Ferrari as it's been sitting in my Outbox for weeks and nobody's interested in Barn Finds :(

I'll be online later tonight so if you see me online shoot me a message :)
I'll be back in the game in about 5 hours. I'd be interested in that 166.

Yeah, the fact there isn't even an option to have a private listing (among many other things that didn't make the jump from the 360 era it seems) is absolutely asinine, and if it was there, would probably cut down the problem of rampant stock buying and speculation massively.

I miss the gifting tools from Forza Motorsport 4 :(

Regarding Legendary Painters, please don't lump us all in the same bracket. There's a difference between a person spending 1 hour to paint 10 cars and one spending 10 to paint 1. Some of us go for quality over quantity, and are too busy painting/racing to even think about visiting the Auction House.

@Populuxe Cowboy Shoot me an XBL message when you see me online :)

I can't wait to get the 959. Easily one of my most favorite Porsches of all time.

Easily my favorite Porsche, but I'm surprised how much the design divides opinion. I suppose it's the boxier shape, which I happen to prefer over the typical 911 coupe.

Regarding Legendary Painters, please don't lump us all in the same bracket. There's a difference between a person spending 1 hour to paint 10 cars and one spending 10 to paint 1. Some of us go for quality over quantity, and are too busy painting/racing to even think about visiting the Auction House.

Heh, I know - after all, I too should hit Legendary status anytime now (and I haven't uploaded a new paint in ages, hopefully I should rectify that soon). That's one more reason this status should not be handed out exclusively on the basis number of downloads - the way thingd are now, it bunches people who put a lot effort and creativity in making beautiful original liveries and precise replicas with zinc peddlers and people who slap a basic decal on anything they can get their hands on.

If they only gave out that status to, say, people who won a few contests and/or have reached that number of downloads and have made some real liveries, that'd be great.

I've never seen a 166MM be sold in the auction house, let alone even be bidded on.

You need to open your 2nd festival to gain access to Horizon Online. Then #Forzathon will unlock.

Thanks. I think it's really cool that we can win porsches without having to buy DLC. Especially ones that are highly sought after like the 959 and 918. Hopefully Carrera GT is next.

I believe they're making them really easy on purpose so people don't complain.

Alas I don't have/want a Warthog so I won't receive 120,000cr. Oh well.

I didn't find the drifting easy at all. I hated it and it took me a long time to get. I am using a wheel though.

I hope they leave drifting out of forzathon for good because it's really one of horizons biggest weak points. The drifting in horizon is awful.

^I disagree. I'm by no means a master dirfter but I think that the drifting is pretty good. Just because you aren't good at something doesn't necessarily mean it's a weak point.

I didn't find the drifting easy at all. I hated it and it took me a long time to get. I am using a wheel though.

I hope they leave drifting out of forzathon for good because it's really one of horizons biggest weak points. The drifting in horizon is awful.
I just got finished judging for a seven hour drifting competition with over 500 people signed up.

A video clip of my team advertising for this event got over 50K views, and was featured on SlapTrains latest Top10.

I'd say the drifting in Horizon is quite good. :rolleyes:

Back