Porsche Becomes the Unofficial Mascot of April's Forzathon Events

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 160 comments
Thanks. I think it's really cool that we can win porsches without having to buy DLC. Especially ones that are highly sought after like the 959 and 918. Hopefully Carrera GT is next.

I didn't find the drifting easy at all. I hated it and it took me a long time to get. I am using a wheel though.

I hope they leave drifting out of forzathon for good because it's really one of horizons biggest weak points. The drifting in horizon is awful.

^I disagree. I'm by no means a master dirfter but I think that the drifting is pretty good. Just because you aren't good at something doesn't necessarily mean it's a weak point.

The drifting is okay I believe - although not that manageable in a high powered car on sim steering; still there's a learning curve to it and you do eventually get the hang of it which is cool.

However, I still hate drifting for points as just when you're about to hit the sweet spot, an asinine traffic or AI car will try to knock you off your path! :boggled:

Easily my favorite Porsche, but I'm surprised how much the design divides opinion. I suppose it's the boxier shape, which I happen to prefer over the typical 911 coupe.

I love the design. That's honestly part of why it's my favorite. It's the classic 911 design but on steroids. It went to the gym for a couple of weeks.

I hope they leave drifting out of forzathon for good because it's really one of horizons biggest weak points. The drifting in horizon is awful.

I'd say the drifting is on par with anything else in the game's handling department, which I find pretty great for its genre. Ultimately, I appreciate how Forzathon motivates me to clear things I haven't yet bothered to finish. Golding three drift zones, thanks to this challenge, made for some decent progress in my game. Keep the variety coming.

Last edited:
Hmm just saw this in the News section and as someone who has played the ass off of Forza 6 and got all of the DLC, it jars with me a little when the same already-modelled cars come up in FH3 as somehow "exclusive" or as a prize. I've not got around to playing FH3 yet (I have a couple of other open-world driving games I need to check out first) but really, it would be nice to see something genuinely new, rather than a car that was in Forza 6 DLC 1-2 years ago.

They've already added quite a few new cars via Forzathon or additional barn finds though. Expecting them all to be new seems kind of unreasonable considering they're free.

Fair point, and thinking about it, I was actually a little annoyed when earlier DLC included some cars that weren't in FM6 =)

I just got finished judging for a seven hour drifting competition with over 500 people signed up.

A video clip of my team advertising for this event got over 50K views, and was featured on SlapTrains latest Top10.

I'd say the drifting in Horizon is quite good. :rolleyes:

Horizon is popular, no surprise people will do it but even for the arcade genre the drifting is bad with a wheel let alone compared to games with brilliant drifting like AC, or LFS.

Horizon honestly has some of the worst drifting I've tried since Shift 2 :lol:

Grid Autosport has better drifting:lol:

^I disagree. I'm by no means a master dirfter but I think that the drifting is pretty good. Just because you aren't good at something doesn't necessarily mean it's a weak point.

Look at number 7 under "first achievers"- https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5207-assetto-corsa/13-drift-master

I'm sure I'm really bad at drifting and just blaming the game. Yea, that's it.

I think this is why you see it so bad:

The FFB in this game is useless and I've only bothered playing with my G27 once for FH3. After that, I just went back to using my controller.

That is actually why I mentioned it. I feel like that could definitely be why. A lot of arcadish games it's a lot tougher to drift with a wheel than a controller. Driveclub is one of them.

As far as the FFB, I actually think light FFB is good for drifting. Actually in AC, I drop my FFB from 45 down to 25 for when I'm drifting. It's kind of cheating, but I just don't like the way my wheel rumbles so much when I drift. I have the slip and road FX turned up so it could be why.

Last edited:
Horizon is popular, no surprise people will do it but even for the genre the drifting is bad let alone compared to games with brilliant drifting like AC, or LFS.

I am using a wheel though.

The FFB in this game is useless and I've only bothered playing with my G27 once for FH3. After that, I just went back to using my controller.

Someone I know uses a G29 and says the feedback is okay. Maybe time to upgrade? I'm sure the G27 performs great though in other games.

Someone I know uses a G29 and says the feedback is okay. Maybe time to upgrade? I'm sure the G27 performs great though in other games.
The only thing the wheel is useful for in FH3 is cruising and I suppose that is the "OK" part. Anything else, forget about it. Anyways, that's a topic for a different place.

The game feels great with my CSW V2. I prefer using the controller for drifting though.

Well that was handy, I had a championship I was doing with just 1 Race left..perfect time to finish it.

That is 3 our of 3 Porsches won thus far.

Still annoyed I missed out on the Sesto Elements >. <

Look at number 7 under "first achievers"- https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5207-assetto-corsa/13-drift-master

I'm sure I'm really bad at drifting and just blaming the game. Yea, that's it.

Firstly, don't be so sensitive.

Secondly, I was under the impression that we're talking about Forza, not Assetto Corsa, or any other game for that matter. Whilst you may think that the drifting is bad in Forza, many disagree. In my experience, those who complain about something like this do so because they're not particularly good at it. It may be that it isn't the case for you, but the point still stands for others reading this.

Aw man, and the auction house prices are through the roof.
It's a shame, I can't always get on my Xbox so these Forzathon cars are easy to miss. I got the RS 4.0 and 959 and I better not have missed the 3.3 Turbo, assuming it's up for grabs already.

upload_2017-4-27_15-6-21.png

Don't say you weren't warned ;)

Also, if you're buying a DB5 I've got one of these available :gtpflag:

33890100712_d12cb27f7e_c.jpg

33890093802_8847bb76e5_c.jpg

That's a beautiful shot. Is the base color the British Racing Green that's available as a manufacturer color, or a special color you created yourself? And if it is, do you mind sharing your color codes?

That's a beautiful shot. Is the base color the British Racing Green that's available as a manufacturer color, or a special color you created yourself? And if it is, do you mind sharing your color codes?
It's custom, took me quite a while to get it right. Two-tone metallic if I remember rightly.

Next time I'm on Forza I'll look it up.

Back