Porsche DLC coming - First post updated with Car List

• Thread starter Fortinbras
  • 1,032 comments
I don't want to modify the car. I'll just adjust my driving to suit.

I don't want to modify the car. I'll just adjust my driving to suit.

:bowdown: That's what I am talking about! Always master the car in stock form before you start to do any tuning.

Just finished making my 964 RS (Euro spec). Will show pics and put the tune up for free on my storefront in 30mins. Is near perfect apart from the fact it is 3.3l not 3.6.l

Will be making a 993 RS replica tune next. Be sure to check my storefront as I already have stuff like a 993 GT2 Evo, CTR Yellowbird and 996 GT3 RS replica tunes on my storefront.

Has anyone noticed that if you try to apply tint, or a new paint to the Sport Classic, the stripes disappear? Very strange as I believe every other car will keep its stripes regardless.

Got the pack and took a couple for a spin. Dont have to much time to mess with since Memorial Day weekend is here so I have a question....

What 3 should I purchase first and what class to run them in??...Not counting Cup cars or anything about S Class..thanx

Anyone manage to accurately recreate the 2011 Porsche GT3 RS 4.0?

I dont know if accurately because I don't remember how the body differs from the 07(?) In the game...(just did). The livery will most likely be created soon. There are some good pics and the specs. in Car and Driver online for anyone to get the creative juices flowing, but mechanically, you already have the option to make the 3.6 from the 07 into the 4.0 thru displacement upgrades. Now the "challenge" would be to make its horsepower/weight as close as possible. I got mine to the 500 hp mark just like it, but missed the torque badly, by 22 ft/lbs, which is not bad by comparison, but away from the 339 it really has. Now the weight, I got the exact 2990 lbs the car weights, but without the roll cage... I admit I didn't try as hard as I did with the power... For the rims/wheels, I was between 2 sets, the ones I chose where the Wedsport TC 105 Ns because they resembled the ones the car had in the pics from C&D, albeit they where white in color ( T10 gives us no white wheel painting love ).. resemble is the right word. You can do this either in the normal 07 GT3 or the RS... The RS is the closest but then u have the issue of the side lettering for the livery... but the RS has the right spoiler... it's tricky, but it comes down to how anal ( like I have just proven to be, lol ) one is

...damn... that was a bit.....much, lol

The Sport Classic would be closer, as the ducktail is featured on both cars, so you just need to add the race wing. I expect you can bore the engine up to 4.0 too. I have a linked pic on the previous page that shows an attempt at the 3.8 RS style for a guide.

Got the pack and took a couple for a spin. Dont have to much time to mess with since Memorial Day weekend is here so I have a question....

What 3 should I purchase first and what class to run them in??...Not counting Cup cars or anything about S Class..thanx

All comes down to personal perference, Maybe go for one of the following:

1973 Carrera RS (D Class)

1982 930 Turbo ( C Class)

1995 GT2 993 ( A Class)

I've heard quite a few people say that RUF is the "poor man's Porsche" which I never understood.

Let's take the GT2 RS and the RT12 R as a like-for-like (or as close as we can get) comparison.

The former costs about 223,000 Euros and the latter 279,000. I can only assume that many people are unaware of the true value that Rufs have on the market....

Took some pictures of my Euro-spec 964 RS and 80's 911SC. Replica tunes for correct specs, gearbox etc. on my SF.

Not heard anything official, but if I were a betting man I would say that there's a very good possibility of us some June DLC ;)

Unless I am totally mistaken.

Well theoretically, if there is going to be June DLC, then it will be announced on Tuesday.

I've heard quite a few people say that RUF is the "poor man's Porsche" which I never understood.

Let's take the GT2 RS and the RT12 R as a like-for-like (or as close as we can get) comparison.

The former costs about 223,000 Euros and the latter 279,000. I can only assume that many people are unaware of the true value that Rufs have on the market....

They are not normally referring to the cost of the cars, but rather the cost to developers to licence the cars, as lets be honest the Ruf licence is likely to be both easier and cheaper to obtain.

Well theoretically, if there is going to be June DLC, then it will be announced on Tuesday.

True, no mention of any June DLC in this week in review either, oh well.

I'm certain something will come in June (Summer SRT Viper pack), if not at the beginning then maybe near to the end ;)

Took some pictures of my Euro-spec 964 RS and 80's 911SC. Replica tunes for correct specs, gearbox etc. on my SF.

*snip*

I didn't even realize it was possible to do the RS, but a bit of fiddling and searching led me to discover the de-turbo glitch. Grabbed your tune anyways and it is indeed a peach 👍

Just a quick update on the 3.8 RS look Sport Classic; I've designed the stripe properly this time, so I haven't used one of the flag vinyls, which required a white mask to get the correct shape. This will allow me to add it to metallics and special paints. I'll also update the RUF RS with this new stripe and repost it to my storefront.

I'm coming late to Forza 4, being a hardcore GT player but am getting an xbox kinda for free soon, so being a total car (and track) junkie and having liked the original Forza a lot, here I am, and what a good time, with the release of this pack.

Honestly, i'd hoped for a few more models in the pack instead of endless 911 iterations (the 356, "original" 911 or 912, 924, 928, 968, perhaps the gulf-liveried 917 etc etc) but there is still plenty to blast around with here. However I was wondering if there is the possibility of more Porsches being included in future car packs, or is this pack a sort of one-off handshake with EA and all the models we are likely to see, in FM4 at least?

However I was wondering if there is the possibility of more Porsches being included in future car packs, or is this pack a sort of one-off handshake with EA and all the models we are likely to see, in FM4 at least?

It sounds like it will be a one off unfortunately.

It sounds like it will be a one off unfortunately.

You could be right, I just hope you're not ;)

Turn 10 need to address the issue of the Black VW Jetta/Bora Silhouette being displayed for both owners and non owners of the PEP.

Obviously this issue is usually solved by the inclusion of a FREE car, but as the Porsche pack is an expansion, there is unfortunately no sample car to be had.

Maybe this will prompt Turn 10 to release one of the existing Porsche cars from the PEP or a completely new FREE Porsche car, thus allowing players racing online to see what they're actually up against.

So hopefully more cars from this manufacturer will be on the cards.

Unless I am totally mistaken.

*Update*

Quoted from BADNED @ FC, in response to a similar question I posted there today:

"There are FM4 and FM4+PEP players. A "fix" as you call it was never on the cards.

Since the PEP is a completely different beast compared to a normal car pack, extracting a sample car is not possible.
A technical solution might be possible but it requires a lot of work as well as an update of the licensing agreement.

But at the moment they have to work on more important things so this is not on top of their priority list.
There might be a solution in the future so don't give up the hopes."

Can someone explain to me what the issue is with the Porsches being blacked out Jettas/Boras? Is this just for those who don't have the Porsche DLC and see the Jettas/Boras instead or something else?

Can someone explain to me what the issue is with the Porsches being blacked out Jettas/Boras? Is this just for those who don't have the Porsche DLC and see the Jettas/Boras instead or something else?

1. Those that don't have the PEP will most likely always see the black Jettas/Boras when racing online against those that do have the PEP, apparently that's just way it's going to be.

2. Those that do have the PEP and run a triple screen setup are seeing black Jettas/Boras on the two side screens.

*Though apparently some triple screen users have found a workaround ;)

Back