Porsche DLC coming - First post updated with Car List

• Thread starter Fortinbras
  • 1,032 comments
Finally something from T10.

Hey guys, we’re sorry for the inconvenience and the delay in being able to play with the new pack. We wanted to give you an update on the current issue VIP users are experiencing when trying to purchase the Porsche expansion pack via the in-game marketplace.We’re aggressively working on a solution to the issue where VIP Members are not able to purchase the VIP priced version of the Porsche Expansion Pack. VIP Members, whether you have been with us since the LCE or have just joined recently, are very important to us and we are pushing hard to get this resolved as quickly as possible so that you can take advantage of your discount and start playing with Porsches as soon as possible.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5443210.aspx

I am a VIP member of forza motorsport 4, I had bought pack porsche to 1600msp and did not receive the discount.
According to you when those tunr10 solve the problem I'll have 'the repayment of 400msp?

And download cancelled with the 800000whatever error.
Spectacular.

I am a VIP member of forza motorsport 4, I had bought pack porsche to 1600msp and did not receive the discount.
According to you when those tunr10 solve the problem I'll have 'the repayment of 400msp?

No. You were supposed to buy it from within FM4 marketplace for 1200. If you bought it for 1600, then that's what it will cost you.

As a person who works in the IT industry, I don't understand how these kinds of issues can happen. Do they not do basic testing before rolling something like this out? Compared to a standard computer network where the software and hardware variables are almost limitless, these guys have it easy. Everyone essentially has the same hardware! If they are connected to Xbox Live, they have to be running the latest version of the operating system! I wish I had it so easy.

No, seems they don't. Then again they run into server overload issues every time new DLC comes out. You'd think that after the first time, they would do something to prevent it from happening.
I'm also assuming the current situation is server load based. I started my download 3 times now. In between those 3 times I haven't been able to start another 3 or 4 dozen times.

Everybody listened to the 997 GT3 yet?

My guess is just like most of the cars were ready before launch, they had one or maybe more AV cars ready but this EA deal must of blocked them from using them

Can anyone take a picture of the 993 GT2 with the Evo style rear wing please? I can't get the pack for a few days maybe so I'm curious as to what the car looks like with the wing.

Kinda relieved I'm away from home, as they might have fixed the DL issue by Friday evening.

Shame the GT3 RS doesn't appear to have the newer bumper style as an upgrade. Is it an option on the Sport Classic? Are there any on that car, such as a Carrera deck lid instead of the duck tail?

Knew I should've waited until after I went to work. This really should not have been an issue. If we can expect this every month, how unfortunate.

That said: spent an hour just buying and modifying, most very lightly. Did make a really fun 944 with the Panamera V8 though. VXR: sadly, if you want a 997.2 body, it's the SC or GT2 RS. Neither of which have bumper options past the FM race ones, though the RS has a body-colour bonnet option.

The Cayman is an utter joy :D

Did you get sucked up in all the excitement? :P

That, I had to manually jot down a lot of stuff, take pictures, and then write the darn thing.

Insert the necessary break for lunch and whatnot, and yeah... took me longer than it normally would have.

Having an absolute blast with these Porsches tonight.
Can't remember which exact model now that I'm away from the XBOX, but bought one of the 4WD ones (GT2?) that starts off at S638 and made some minor modifications to it (weight reduction, race brakes and lowered suspension).
Damned thing flies around Infineon like the proverbial bat out of hell.

With the added events, my career completion now stands at a WHOPPING 12% :cool:

Havent driven one yet.
Put this on my SF for free though.

12 hr Sebring replica. Hans Stuck.

7252255264_e6324b4241_z.jpg

7252253514_d305c94e8c_z.jpg

Back