Porsche Reveals Third Generation Cayenne... We Think

Love the front end and the interior, but there is a bit too much Dodge Durango/Toyota Highlander/Jeep Cherokee in the rear end. I know there is only so much you can do with and SUV, but with the old design, it at least stood out from the pack.

Better looking that the old one. How do they distinguish this from the Macan though? It seems so similar.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: thank you, car manufacturers, for bringing back the full-width taillight. The recent Porsche ones remind me of the final Saab 9-5's, so I'm a fan.

Yeah, the rear end to me reminds me of the current Ford Edge, but it still seems to match the current rear end styling that Porsche is going with. The tailights make me think of the current Panamera and 911.

Is that a 4 wheeled Shark vacuum cleaner?

faith meter needle nearing critical low point to match that of the Honda Civic Type R

From the front, it doesn't look drastically different from the old one. But the taillights look like they were curbed from a CX-9.

But the taillights look like they were curbed from a CX-9.

The taillights are pretty much the same to those of the Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo Concept revealed back in 2012.

Porsche-Panamera-Sport-Turismo-Wallpaper-for-Computer.jpg

Looks OK, but drives brilliantly no doubt.

BIL has a late 2016 V8S diesel on air. It's a fabulous thing. Fast, reasonably economical (c.30mpg), handles and rides well, has a brilliant interior, loads of space & kit and is very well screwed together. I'd have one in a heartbeat.

Since everyone else is doing it, Porsche thought they'd hop on the "SUV Coupe" bandwagon with the Cayenne Coupe:
2020-porsche-cayenne-coupe-spy-photo.jpg

Although if there is one manufacturer which has the competency to produce the most sporty SUV Coupe without an overly steep price tag, it has got to be Porsche.

The slightly sloped rear is what qualifies it as a "Coupe" Also the rear door windows are dodgy as all hell on that thing.

You can see quite clearly on the rear 3/4 view photo that it will have a much more classic 911-style rear side window. This mule has a mock standard Cayenne rear side window in tape. The angle of that rear window is barely any shallower than the standard one though. It's hardly the difference you get between the X5 and X6.

If the concept of a Cayenne Coupe wasn't weird enough for you, we've now discovered where the retractable rear wing is located:
porsche-cayenne-coupe-spy-shots.jpg

porsche-cayenne-coupe-spy-shots.jpg

I have no doubt the guys over at Porsche know far more about automotive aero than I do, but I do question the usefulness of two wings on a car of this size. :crazy:

Porsche reveals interior for the facelift

porsche-cayenne-facelift-2023-interieur.jpg

The revised Cayenne gets a 12.6-inch digital instrument cluster with a curved screen, versus the current layout with an analog tachometer in the center. Depending on the vehicle's specifications, the driver can select up to seven display modes. The views include a simplified layout with a focus on essential information. There's also one that has Porsche's traditional five-circle design.

A rectangular, 12.3-inch screen dominates the center of the dashboard. It supports Siri voice commands to operate vehicle functions. Online-connected navigation is a standard feature. When stationary, occupants can stream video on the display.

Underneath the big screen, there's a new control panel for the HVAC system. It has a glass surface over a black panel and features touch recognition with haptic feedback. The system also has some physical control switches. Below them, there's a volume knob.

An optional 10.9-inch screen is available on the passenger side of the dashboard. It gives those occupants control over the navigation system and media. The screen can also stream videos while the Cayenne is on the move, and a filter prevents driver distraction.

Some technical information as well

The 2024 Cayenne will come standard with a turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 making 349 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque. The S trim will get a twin-turbo V8 providing 468 hp and 442 lb-ft. The E-Hybrid PHEV will produce 463 hp and 479 lb-ft. Plus, it'll receive a higher-capacity battery of 25.9 kilowatt-hours, instead of 17.9 kWh currently. A more powerful Turbo S E-Hybrid will come later.

They probably chose vertical vents to allow for more room for the screen lol

Porsche accidentally (?) leaks the exterior by letting some European journalists make videos of the interior

1680306549445.png

1680306566297.png

I assume it's just the weird graphics but that thing looks less athletic and more minivan-like than what we have now.

lol I guess the facelift was never posted here when it was officially announced in April, but there's now a Turbo e-Hybrid version of the new Cayenne, making it the most powerful one yet

1693282509985.png

1693282503159.png

1693282517923.png

Today, Porsche introduced the 2024 Cayenne Turbo E-Hybrid. The new variant adopts the styling cues from the SUV's recent mid-cycle refresh. It's also the automaker's most potent Cayenne model yet while replacing the previous Turbo variant.

Under the hood of Porsche's new model, which is available in SUV and Coupe body styles, is its twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 engine. It makes 591 horsepower and pairs with a 174-hp electric motor. The total system output is 729 hp and 700 pound-feet of torque. Porsche says the powertrain can propel the Cayenne Turbo E-Hybrid to 60 miles per hour in 3.5 seconds. It has a 183-mph top speed.

The Cayenne Turbo E-Hybrid has a larger 25.9-kilowatt-hour battery pack, which the automaker mounts under the cargo area. Porsche says a new 11-kilowatt on-board charger with a suitable power source can reduce the battery's charging time to under 2.5 hours. Other improvements increase the battery’s electric range, but the automaker didn’t disclose those numbers just yet.

Porsche says the Turbo E-Hybrid is available to order now. It will begin reaching dealers in 2024's second quarter. Its price will start at $148,550 (price includes the $1,650 destination charge). The E-Hybrid Coupe is a tad more expensive, starting at $153,050.

The entry-level Cayenne continues to use a turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 engine that makes 348 hp and 368 lb-ft of torque. It's also much cheaper than its Turbo E-Hybrid siblings, starting at $80,850. However, the Turbo E-Hybrid is more affordable than the $197,950 Cayenne Coupe Turbo GT, which has 650 hp on tap.

Back