Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maserati should be a must since ferrari is the parent company.
I think I'd soil myself if I won this car in GT5
06-02-MC12.jpg

And, if any car deserves to be in GT, it's this one. Any year of porsche GT3R, the most prolific gt race car of all time.
porsche-911-gt3-rsr-13.jpg

^^ ooh lime rock park, i've been there. I love porsches and would be really upset if there were only rufs to be had in gt5.

We're not bashing RUF, we're just saying that there are some Porsche models that should be in a GT game. Like I said, RUF and Porsche can exist side by side in the game. RUF will supply crazy versions of 911s, and Porsche can provide some of their historic racing machines. Win-win.

I wonder what the reason was for locking out the Porsche in GT3...

Copy right reasons. They thought they would be able to get the rights to it but after already making the car they did not get the rights to it and they excluded it from the game

wasn't there also an unlockable Lambo in Gt3. I remember my friend telling me he had unlocked it with a game shark, or something similar. It blows my mind that a car company would be so ignorant to the fact that allowing your car to be in a game is nothing but free promotion. Especially when major car publications are acknowledging that game developers like Kaz have a more profound effect on consumers than CEOs within the auto industry.

It may be free promotion, but when it comes to games labeling themselves as Simulators, the Manufacturer wants their cars being represented fully.

Subaru doesn't want PD to model their STi to the point where the Lancer can beat it by 10 seconds on any track. An example, btw.

Copy right reasons. They thought they would be able to get the rights to it but after already making the car they did not get the rights to it and they excluded it from the game

That's what I was refering to...why didn't they get the license...

Can you imagine what Porsche would mean for GT5? Add 20% more profit and youre on the right way.

What? it seems you think millions of people will buy GT5 only if porshe is featured in the game as well?
I admit marketing gives me more questions then answers but this sounds way off.

I'm sure that 'people that will only buy GT5 when porshe is featured' exist, but i'd be really surprized if they'd noticably contribute to PD's turnover, let alone profit.

For me personally, i'd like as much cars/manufacturers as possible. i.e. i;d really like to see the 'carver' featured, and 'koenigsegg', well, like i said, as many as possible.

That said, i'm quite willing to fork out 40Euro for a 'featured down beta' of GT5 *** oh yeah, i already did ;)

Chrs

Man I would be ecstatic if they had one of these:

470-porsche-start-at-sebring-2008.JPG

That way I'd have something to fight Audi with!

Edit: More importantly, can PD put in a 962 under Dauer if they can't get the Porsche license?

Dauer%20962%20P2%202.jpg

Thats very interesting, nice find.

I'd be wanting a Cayman in GT5, it's my favourite Porsche. Older ones like the early 911s, 914, 924 and 944 would be good too

"Probably" from kaz is like anyone else saying "i would like to have this, but there is only a small possibility of it actually happening."

-> That will be crazy if I will see some of the first screens of the full GT by Christmas and see a Porsche on one of the screenshots!!! :crazy:

Better yet, how about a Porsche vs. Ferrari on the cover art of GT5 instead of the blatant promotion of the GT-R.

Ferrari%2062%20-%20Laguna%20Seca%202007.jpg

Here's something more appropriate.

425200616130921_Image3.jpg

not a big fan of that color scheme, though I do wish Porsche would enter the Cayenne into the Paris-Dakar rally whenever that starts up again...

Anyway, Nissan tuner, do you not like Porsches or did you just take offense to my taking offense that PD is heavily promoting a Nissan?

Also, I just tried looking for the rest of the interview that says that Porsche will 'probably' make it and could not find the full interview. Anyone have a link?

this should clarefy...........
OPM:Which manufacturers do you still dream on including? Porche?

KY: I can't really go into detail at this point, but by the time GT5 comes out I think we'll have most - no, all of the major manufacturers.

OPM: SO, come on..Porsche?

KY:Probably.

OPM: Exciting! So how are you getting on with damage modelling so far?

KY: It's not actually difficult, but there are a lot of different factors, like how many cars are going to be able to race at the same time once we've included the damage. There's going to have to be adjustments made - when you crash at over a certain speed there's no way you can drive it anymore. So the level of damage applied to the car will be dampened so that you can still have fun.

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=27789

Woah, haven't discussed in this thread for awhile.....

My, my. Maybe we all should really just wait for the final update for GT5P before considering Porsche is included in GT5. But sooner or later, it will be included in Gran Turismo, whether it is the full release of GT5P, GT5 or even the future GT series. But yeah, I liked all of your suggestions on what car to include, but you know what, none of them are even close to RUF!!!!!! Here is a few examples:

ruf_porsche_ctr3_new.jpg

ctr3-small.jpg

RUF CTR3

RGT1.jpg

RGT2.jpg

RUF RGT (997)

Those 2 cars is really what I want in a video game. They are a car that is to die for. I mean, just look at it! The CTR3 looks more awesome that even the Carrera GT. If I had the money to buy one, I would! :D

RUF have been in the game already and I wouldn't be surprised if they get dropped at the behest of Porsche as part of their licensing agreement.

I for one would love to see Porsche - they are perhaps the world's most loved sportscar manufacturer, yet they will gladly give their time to a second-rate game such as NFS, but not to a first class developer like PD.

I don't believe the claim that EA had rights over Porsche for 10 years - no manufacturer would 'license' a video game company their products for such a long time.

RUF don't do a lot to Porsches in the looks department in my opinion - they ride the coattails of a very famous marque and if you'd prefer to see a modified Porsche instead of an original one in GT5, then I think you might be missing what Porsche is really all about.

Could you imagine swapping Mercedes Benz with Brabus? Or BMW with AC Schitzer? Blasphemy....

;)

RUF have been in the game already and I wouldn't be surprised if they get dropped at the behest of Porsche as part of their licensing agreement.

I for one would love to see Porsche - they are perhaps the world's most loved sportscar manufacturer, yet they will gladly give their time to a second-rate game such as NFS, but not to a first class developer like PD.

I don't believe the claim that EA had rights over Porsche for 10 years - no manufacturer would 'license' a video game company their products for such a long time.

RUF don't do a lot to Porsches in the looks department in my opinion - they ride the coattails of a very famous marque and if you'd prefer to see a modified Porsche instead of an original one in GT5, then I think you might be missing what Porsche is really all about.

Could you imagine swapping Mercedes Benz with Brabus? Or BMW with AC Schitzer? Blasphemy....

;)

Im sorry mate but thats not really true what u r saying!
RUF does not tune Porsches. All they get is the Chassi , the gear box and the engine. Everything else is done by RUF themself. RUF is not a tuning company. They are a manufacturer with their company in Dubai

Im sorry mate but thats not really true what u r saying!
RUF does not tune Porsches. All they get is the Chassi , the gear box and the engine. Everything else is done by RUF themself. RUF is not a tuning company. They are a manufacturer with their company in Dubai
Very true. Rufs are built from unmarked Porsche Chassis. When a chassis arrives, Ruf builds their own independent work into the car.
Also, they are actually headquartered in Pfaffenhausen, Germany with newly established plant in Dubai. Oh and just to make some of you RUF fans jealous, I live near their American Auto centre:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back