Possible new bug: blinking braking indicator

• Thread starter HellzFire
  • 185 comments
I am looking through the videos and reading the OP post, but i don't quite get what is the glitch. Can anyone give a good explanation? I'm being honest

I am looking through the videos and reading the OP post, but i don't quite get what is the glitch. Can anyone give a good explanation? I'm being honest

A tiny amount of application of the brake, either by using a controller in addition to the wheel or by sticking a bit of cardboard under your brake pedal, will activate abs without slowing you down. ABS adds stability/grip and makes you faster.

I tried it with the Scirocco and it didn't help much, maybe a tenth, but nothing like as much as with the Mini and Fiat 500. When I looked last night there were a few in the top ten not using it.

Yes and the only downside to this exploit is that you cannot start from a standing (grid) start as the brake is on. It's no wonder people are using it but it's a damn shame.

Not gonna lie, really salty after seeing this. By chance I happened to get back into GT Sport right around the time this glitch popped up. I couldn't figure out how I was getting completely dominated by people online, something like 1.5-2s off pace, when I'm traditionally in the top 1% of sim racers regardless of platform. I asked on Reddit if there were any exploits I didn't know about (track limits, other misc. bugs) and basically got told to stop bragging, that I was fast enough as is, and the people at the very top practice for months on end.

Yeah so it turns out those people at the top were plugging in their DS4's and resting them upside down on the carpet for a nitro boost, and my assumptions were pretty much bang on.

Not gonna lie, really salty after seeing this. By chance I happened to get back into GT Sport right around the time this glitch popped up. I couldn't figure out how I was getting completely dominated by people online, something like 1.5-2s off pace, when I'm traditionally in the top 1% of sim racers regardless of platform. I asked on Reddit if there were any exploits I didn't know about (track limits, other misc. bugs) and basically got told to stop bragging, that I was fast enough as is, and the people at the very top practice for months on end.

Yeah so it turns out those people at the top were plugging in their DS4's and resting them upside down on the carpet for a nitro boost, and my assumptions were pretty much bang on.

Most of the top guys are not doing this. Even the level below there are not too many, it's the A/B and maybe lower drivers that seem to be doing it the most going off the leaderboards, at least in my region anyway, it may be different elsewhere.

I intend to save the replay of every race I do from now on though, I need to make sure the guys beating me are doing it fairly although I'm pretty sure they are. ;) As soon as some guy I've never heard of before flies past me you can bet I'll be suspicious then though. :ill:

I hoped this would have been fixed on the recent update.
I tried it in the Mini at Suzuka East. I ended up 16th on the EU leaderboard. I’m not that fast. Check my Kudos stats.
I haven’t used it since as I consider it a cheat.

Isn't this fixed now with the latest update? If the brake is applied on ds4 the wheel is turned off? I dont get how cardboard will help people.

This really annoys me as I had such a high ranking with the mini on suzuka, I'm sure people were using this exploit and robbed me of a top 10 time :(

Isn't this fixed now with the latest update? If the brake is applied on ds4 the wheel is turned off? I dont get how cardboard will help people.

This really annoys me as I had such a high ranking with the mini on suzuka, I'm sure people were using this exploit and robbed me of a top 10 time :(

It isnt. Praianos video is after the update, he's using the F50.

Isn't this fixed now with the latest update? If the brake is applied on ds4 the wheel is turned off? I dont get how cardboard will help people. ...

It isnt. Praianos video is after the update, he's using the F50.

And ...
You don't necessarily need a second controller.
It's been @StirlingMoose who proved it's possible with just a modified ( the cardboard thing ) brake pedal.

Are you the guy who used to run pretendracecars? We need your blog back to rip PD/Kaz for 🤬 like this.

top drivers are not using this, only the noob ones. they even hide their replay. but im too good of a detective xD

A tiny amount of application of the brake, either by using a controller in addition to the wheel or by sticking a bit of cardboard under your brake pedal, will activate abs without slowing you down. ABS adds stability/grip and makes you faster.

I tried it with the Scirocco and it didn't help much, maybe a tenth, but nothing like as much as with the Mini and Fiat 500. When I looked last night there were a few in the top ten not using it.
how to stick a card board under break pedal 0,o?

Last edited by a moderator:
how to stick a card board under break pedal 0,o?

image.jpeg

Adjust the thickness to work.

I tried it tonight and shaved 5 tenths off my time from Monday in Race A that I could barely get within a tenth of last night. I’m thinking it makes at least some difference, what and how much I don’t know though. I was driving better tonight than I was last night, 5 tenths better I don’t know.

Tonight’s Lap 47.076

Monday’s Lap 47.520

Is it something players can exploit without even realizing it, or does it require a meticulous approach? The descriptions I've read so far raise more questions than they answer.

Removing deadzone should at least be a temporary fix until they sort it out. While there working on it, please make ABS weak faster :) than standard :)

I noticed this ABS glitch negates ASM, when the brake light is on, ASM is always off.

Last edited:
Is it something players can exploit without even realizing it, or does it require a meticulous approach? The descriptions I've read so far raise more questions than they answer.

Maybe, but you'd have to have just the right amount of dirt clogging up your brake pedal, too little and it won't do anything, too much and it'll be applying the brake too hard and you won't get a speed boost then. ;)

Also for most the constant flashing of the ABS symbol would likely make them stop driving and try to sort the pedals out, as you would assume the brake being slightly on was slowing you down and not making you go faster.

I'd say a very high percentage of the drivers doing this are doing so intentionally, usually via the pad method as that is likely easier to make it work and get the most of out it.

I know this will sound naive but I've been around a while and still have to smirk when I see this kind of thing. Back in 2005-2007 I was moderator in an online game mod and most of my time was spent investigating cheats and working around fixes. The naivety of my view comes from the fact that while I won't say "I don't get it" because I do understand cheats, the logic is still so mind numbingly stupid even a decade later. If you win on GT Sport you won't win money, you won't get a sponsorship deal unless you are a top Youtube gamer and such cheating would be called out very quickly if it was so public, most of the players are anonymous (playing under online handles) and faceless (playing in their own homes while sitting in their jocks). There is absolutely no gain be it fame, money, or even personal satisfaction (winning by cheating is hardly something I'd dislocate my shoulder patting myself on the back for), but cheats continue to do it with some deluded belief that they are better or smarter than others. Personally I'd rather be last across the line and playing to my real personal best than first across and cheating. The old phrase "they are only cheating themselves" is so true and why I will sound naive. Yes, they cheat clean players out of wins, but like I say, what do I really lose? I enjoy GT but it's a game, a place to chill and escape the crap of the world, why the hell would I come to a game where I escape reality for a while and test my skill on a virtual race track if I have to cheat myself while doing it? Man, their lives must be so damn empty.

At the beginning, some of the guys that were using this were saying that it was a problem on their brake pedal. Then more and more people started using it too, so we began to be skeptical about it. They were always hiding their lap replays, which made us more suspicious. We thought "all these people on different wheels can't be having the exact same brake problem, there's something there"

Then, I started talking with @EbrahimX7 about trying to emulate the bug. Initially he was pressing the brake pedalwith his foot but it was incredibly non-ergonomic and improbable that people would manage to be that fast having to use the brake pedal all lap. Then @Sharkart_Kun came with the DS4 idea that killed the doubts how people were doing it.

I mean, technically it can be a brake bug for one or another guy, but 99% of the guys using the bug know what they are doing, exploiting the glitch.

In theory if PD just made it so theres no deadzone on the brake this would eliminate the problem in my eyes. If you apply 0.5% brake, then that amount of brake should be applied to the car (instead of 0% like it is now).

Is braking imput linear or exponential like it is on throttle?

Well just to say I was unaware of this little exploit and I won't be trying to take advantage of it but does explain some of my
frustrations with trying to post good lap times as a few things about recent lap times make sense now.

I just want to join my voice of protest for this, I call it cheating, and hope that PD releases some kind of solution for this, asap

If I understand correctly this is being used all across the DR degrees, some aliens, some noobs and some in between. Thats were I sit, jumping from D to C and falling after again to D in a sort of loop. If we take C and D DR classes we have the majority of online "daily" racers, so this is a MAJOR injury to the sporting spirit of the community. As I cannot expect much from the individuals that use this I have to fully rely on PD to fix it.

Also, looks like it does not affect much Grs. 3 and 4 but the low N´s. that gave me some good races in the past.

top drivers are not using this, only the noob ones. they even hide their replay. but im too good of a detective xD

How do they hide their replay? I thought the replay showed up automatically after a period of time.

Back