Possible new bug: blinking braking indicator

• Thread starter HellzFire
  • 185 comments
Those exploits have been highlighted in numerous threads and many have been addressed. Exploiters are regularly labelled as cheats. People who deliberately cause contact to gain an advantage are cheating. I don't think wall riding can be exploited to gain an advantage anymore. Abusing track limits is somewhat tolerated (Nurb GP T2 & T4, RBR T1, etc.), but not always. The concept that some people deem some infringements to be worse than others is hardly new, or exclusive to GTS.

Hence I can't understand all the fuss about this one as it is just another on a long list. IMHO abusing track limits and the penalty system is far, far worse.

Hence I can't understand all the fuss about this one as it is just another on a long list. IMHO abusing track limits and the penalty system is far, far worse.
There are plenty of threads about those exploits and all the other exploits that have surfaced. It stands to reason that there would be a thread about this one. The difference between the examples you have given and this exploit is that there is very little room for opinion regarding this one.

Contact is not always intentional nor is it always immediately clear who is at fault. Obviously there are ways to manipulate the penalty system to one's advantage, but, given that's the case for all the racing games I've played, it seems solving this issue is out of reach for the moment. Cuts and extensions aren't always intentional either. Track limits are much stricter in FIA races compared to daily races. Therefore, there's a case to be made that some track limit "abuses" are acceptable. Opinions will vary on these issues.

Aside from the few who have done it unknowingly, if someone exploits this bug they do so with the intention of cheating. There's no grey area to defend using this exploit. It's obviously not intended to work this way.

Did any one tried to contact him and ask the user why he doesn't show his replay ?

The user in question always uses exploits to gain good times in daily races. Many times previously the replays have been shared. For example, this player will wall-ride, cut corners, or cut the entire track at Willow Springs, just to name a few. There is no doubt this is another case and that the player is using an exploit, possibly the ABS Bug.

I do not understand why PD and other racing game makers do not ban these fools . Just about every other genre of game makes a effort with some banning a million plus people .

Months and months ago PD was banning people for using the Pit Lane glitch to win Sport Mode races. Full on PSN ban from the game. When push comes to shove, they don't mess around.

However, this glitch in particular isn't really a bannable offense. As others have pointed out, its really only useful for cheesing qualifying times. PD has always been lackadaisical with Qualifying abuses, even crazy ones like Catalunya and Big Willow.

Also, it's not the most diplomatic response to ban everyone who does anything exploitative. A little damage control, roll out a hotfix, and maintain your player base. They've done all of this, except their "fix" didn't really work.

IMO their response to this issue has been satisfactory. They acknowledged it, tried to fix it, and I'm sure they're working on another shot to patch it.

IMO their response to this issue has been satisfactory. They acknowledged it, tried to fix it, and I'm sure they're working on another shot to patch it.

AFAIK PD has not made any acknowledgement that they are aware of the ABS glitch and/or are trying to patch it.

AFAIK PD has not made any acknowledgement that they are aware of the ABS glitch and/or are trying to patch it.
771989D4-BDA4-4EE6-8338-C54996C583FB.jpeg

A little bit of an assumption, draw your own conclusions i guess.

View attachment 787721

A little bit of an assumption, draw your own conclusions i guess.

See the first page of this thread, someone still manages to use the DS4 to brake at the same time as using the wheel even after the update supposedly "fixed" it.

Besides, you can also still use the cardboard trick to press the brake pedal slightly. No need for a DS4 at all.

See the first page of this thread, someone still manages to use the DS4 to brake at the same time as using the wheel even after the update supposedly "fixed" it.

Besides, you can also still use the cardboard trick to press the brake pedal slightly. No need for a DS4 at all.
Not really questioning that fact,

I am questioning,

Whilst there has been no official acknowledgement I can think of no other reason why PD would attempt to disable controllers and therefore assume that it is a silent acknowledgment - yes an assumption, and if a Patch fails or not, does not take away from the fact that a patch was attempted.

Not really questioning that fact,

I am questioning,

Whilst there has been no official acknowledgement I can think of no other reason why PD would attempt to disable controllers and therefore assume that it is a silent acknowledgment - yes an assumption, and if a Patch fails or not, does not take away from the fact that a patch was attempted.

Ok, point taken. I see what you mean now.

Still a pretty crappy attempt on their part when a simple test before the patch goes live could've revealed that it does precisely nothing.

Ok, point taken. I see what you mean now.

Still a pretty crappy attempt on their part when a simple test before the patch goes live could've revealed that it does precisely nothing.
Part of me thinks that maybe there is no code for it in the patch, but perhaps they felt this would be a good way to say oh yes there is a problem,

It turns out there is an even bigger game breaking exploit in their FIA competition which completely undermines everything the event stands for, it is possible with the right knowledge to burn penalties without the car slowing down at all, see Kie25 on youtube, his most recent manufacturer race lap 10 I believe, you can also then fast forward to the end of his vid to see the game replay and exactly how the sweetgets (something like that) actually does it. If this becomes widespread and unfixed, the game will die.

Yes i think PD has lost its way somehow. The priorty should be fixing these things instead of whatever else they are up to . If to many people feel they are being cheated of wins from a few others with the dev doing nothing then a mass exodus could occur.

If that happens it wont be a good thing for all racing games as it creates mistrust of a dev and a genre.

Hey guys, just letting you all know that I put a pretty detailed description of this in the Monaco group chat yesterday, and Tom Robberechts picked up on it and passed it through to the PD dev team.

It has been acknowledged and presumably its being worked on. 👍

Hey guys, just letting you all know that I put a pretty detailed description of this in the Monaco group chat yesterday, and Tom Robberechts picked up on it and passed it through to the PD dev team.

It has been acknowledged and presumably its being worked on. 👍
Excellent news 👍.

Interesting video, the leader gets a very untimely disconnect from the lead on the final lap or the powers that be saw him burning off penalty time without slowing and was either disqualified or maybe even banned for his "antics". There are other videos out there where the leader here can be seen burning off penalties in the "FIA/PD penalty zones" in FIA races without losing speed.

That guy has been cheating using this glitch for weeks, both in qualifying and in the race and even in the dailies too. He must have been reported thousands of times by now so maybe he did get a ban, hopefully he has and it wasn't just a unfortunate dc because that is not enough punishment.

That guy has been cheating using this glitch for weeks, both in qualifying and in the race and even in the dailies too. He must have been reported thousands of times by now so maybe he did get a ban, hopefully he has and it wasn't just a unfortunate dc because that is not enough punishment.

PD really needs to address that problem, it is really unfair to the top drivers that he beats using that brake cheat. Its one thing just getting beat but its a whole other situation getting beat by a flagrant cheater, it drives their DR down and artificially inflates his.

I hope this will fixed soon, as you put yourself in a disadvantage not using the penalty burning "feature". Dont know if everybody will use it now like burning penalties at the finishing line? Maybe I will skip FIA races till PD fixes that, or maybe try not to get penalties 💡.
But will be hard on next nations - even without other cars on the track :D

This driver sweetgegz reminds me of Dayrone, he is showing us the holes in the code of the game, that he would not be able to do, if the holes weren’t there.

I'm curious how the simulation allows a slight application of the brakes to have the opposite effect to what it should do. Hopefully this is just a bug in the code rather than a bigger flaw in the model??????

IMHO The penalty zone bug is probably an easier fix.

As for this player, their continued use of the exploit is not in the spirit of the game and its "making them look bad".

I'm curious how the simulation allows a slight application of the brakes to have the opposite effect to what it should do. Hopefully this is just a bug in the code rather than a bigger flaw in the model??????

IMHO The penalty zone bug is probably an easier fix.

As for this player, their continued use of the exploit is not in the spirit of the game and its "making them look bad".

Its definitely a flaw in the model, ABS Default gives you artificial grip, which is why its far and away the fastest ABS option, its why trailbraking is so good, and tyres wear less compared to other ABS options, no other ABS options can touch it even if you use them perfectly.

The only realistic solution I see is banning ABS Default in Sport mode and forcing everyone on Weak.

Back