Post a pic of your pet(s)!!

• Thread starter BlackZ28
  • 2,687 comments
104DBD2D-9756-421F-8D25-E597F56BAD8A.jpeg

he’s not sure how he feels about the corn teen.

Ahhhhhh. Look at that handsome young man. What a cutie.
Very happy for the robot household.
We are too! Moomoo is a very social cat and I know he’s not satisfied with just my attention :lol: He grew up with many cats around so I’m sure he’s been bored since we’ve moved here last April. It took him only 48 hours for Hobbes to be accepted, but that 48 hours was pure hisses, even while lil guy was sleeping.

The wife brought home a couple of guests yesterday. Meet Rayla (all black) and Reginald (black and white). Both are 4 weeks. They were the last batch of kittens from a TNR site. We are fostering them until they are old enough to get their shots and get fixed. And hopefully by then my wife doesn't become so attached they become failures and I have to make the cat enclosure (more on that coming the the DIY section) bigger.
20200608_120404.jpg
Apparently there were 5 more kittens taken from the site as well. Glad to be able to at least help these guys out.

This bird-killing troublemaker turned four this year:

IMG_20200620_134628.jpg
IMG_20200620_134522.jpg

We adopted this little guy a few months later after his original owners left him outside and somehow decided that sausage rolls were the right food for an 11 week old kitten. Luckily he grew up to be a healthy, affectionate softy.

IMG_20200620_142526.jpg

IMG20200618164603.jpg

Last Spring we took in this feral stray that kept hanging out in the garden after he started struggling to walk. Had him checked over and chipped but he was hesitant to stay inside for the first couple months. Now he rules the house while arthritis in his rear left leg makes it hard for him to get around. Vet guessed that he's around 8/9 years old.

48523391847_c06cc86bca_c.jpg

IMG_20200620_134354.jpg

Last edited:
My vet told me to start my dog on Cosequin, and it made a huge difference for him. He was hurting bad, walking sideways, dragging one leg, but after a few weeks of the chews, he's able to jump in the car by himself when we go for a ride. (He LOVES "go-for-a-ride!")

Googled, there is a feline version of Cosequin.

Our foster group went from 2 to 4.
20200610_191225.jpg
The wife was thinking that having more would make it less likely that she would want to adopt one. So far the theory is holding true. The black and white cat was pulling on her heart strings for sure.
However, the grey and white cat, which is one of the two newcomers, is starting to pull on mine. She was a feisty kit when she arrived, but has since grown into quite the snuggler.
We do have 2 of them potentially adopted though.

My vet told me to start my dog on Cosequin, and it made a huge difference for him. He was hurting bad, walking sideways, dragging one leg, but after a few weeks of the chews, he's able to jump in the car by himself when we go for a ride. (He LOVES "go-for-a-ride!")

Googled, there is a feline version of Cosequin.

Yes, Cosequin has worked really well on most of our senior cats we see at the clinic. 99% of cats tolerate it well. Results can be as quick as wfooshee saw in his dog. Others may take a month or more.
If your cat is the 1% that doesn’t tolerate Cosequin, good news, there is another great product that works equally as well. It’s called Dasaquin.
At our clinic we start cats on a 14 day trial of Cosequin at first. One treatment a day for 14 days. If no diarrhea is seen and your animal continues to eat well, then continue Cosequin for life. It’s also safe to increase dose to twice a day if/when osteoarthritis progresses.

The worst of it honestly is handing them off to the new family. While its nice to see them go to the ol "forever home" its hard to to grow attached before then. Working with an agency also means that often we don't know the people they are going to, so the quality of people and home is always something that sits in the back of your mind. I mean, we have rehomed some cats to people we knew who were well meaning but ended up regretting the decision as they were perhaps not so good with animals as one would hope. Thats something you just don't know about until its to late. We have in fact cut off friends due to their lack of responsible pet ownership after we rehomed to them.

Edit: oh, and, getting up two to three times through the night to feed them. That also really sucks.

The worst of it honestly is handing them off to the new family. While its nice to see them go to the ol "forever home" its hard to to grow attached before then. Working with an agency also means that often we don't know the people they are going to, so the quality of people and home is always something that sits in the back of your mind. I mean, we have rehomed some cats to people we knew who were well meaning but ended up regretting the decision as they were perhaps not so good with animals as one would hope. Thats something you just don't know about until its to late. We have in fact cut off friends due to their lack of responsible pet ownership after we rehomed to them.

Edit: oh, and, getting up two to three times through the night to feed them. That also really sucks.
Having grown up with cats(and many animals in general) I completely understand the attachment, as well as re-homing them. My oldest one currently wasn't even supposed to be mine at first, but when it came down to handing him off I just wasn't too sure about it and out of the 6 cats in the litter, he had basically adopted me first. I ended up keeping him the day that people were first starting to come down to see them. 3 years later and hes been the best partner so far, and for sure the prettiest cat I've owned, also one of the weirdest!

I'm dealing with one kitten, and thats a chore, I can only imagine 4! My biggest problem right now is that my 3 year old keeps sneaking the kittens food, and my kitten keeps sneaking the older cats food - They're giving them selves some soft-serve stool in the process! It's like they sneak it the split second I turn around or start getting busy.

Been a while since I've posted a picture of GTP's adopted dog.

I apologize for the poor pictures, not great lighting in the living room and I haven't really learned how to use the camera on my new phone yet. :indiff:

Here's Jack, 5 and half years old and turns 6 December 19th.

20200827_192559.jpg
20200827_192446.jpg
20200827_201828.jpg
20200827_192139.jpg

Back