Post a pic of your pet(s)!!

• Thread starter BlackZ28
  • 2,694 comments
He loves his new Christmas Carrot

IMG_0140.jpeg

1703703458491.png

She'll soon be part of this family, hopefully, by this Friday after she gets her exams and shots/bloodwork. Was feeding her in the crate so she gets a little idea of what she'll be in come this Friday, and she ended up making biscuits as soon as I put it down and then eventually went to sleep for a bit. Think she just liked having a safe place to lay.

View attachment 1314671

She'll soon be part of this family, hopefully, by this Friday after she gets her exams and shots/bloodwork. Was feeding her in the crate so she gets a little idea of what she'll be in come this Friday, and she ended up making biscuits as soon as I put it down and then eventually went to sleep for a bit. Think she just liked having a safe place to lay.
1704306597981.png

She's safe and warm now. Going to be a long, slow road to get her introduced into the house, as well as to my two boys correctly but I'm ready for it. It's only been a few days but she's already adjusting well to the bedroom and has left her hiding spots days ago.

Last edited:
20240104_181914.jpg
20240104_183315.jpg

Second interaction was a massive success, especially compared to the first one. First time was with a milk crate and boxed off the rest of the access and it was hisses and slaps on eye contact. This time was no hisses whatsoever. Her and my oldest did get startled at a fast movement when they were playing with the banana and tapped the gate(not hit) but there was still no hisses at all. Decided that would be it for playtime just incase.

Last edited:
Does your corgi play the game of putting something under the couch and then throw a tantrum because you are not playing with them?
She usually does a pretty good job of stopping the ball before it rolls under the couches but when it does go where she can't get it, she'll lay on the floor with her head under the couch. It's a pretty good indication she needs a human. :lol:

TB
She usually does a pretty good job of stopping the ball before it rolls under the couches but when it does go where she can't get it, she'll lay on the floor with her head under the couch. It's a pretty good indication she needs a human. :lol:
Ours will deliberately put it under the couch so you have to pay attention to her.

TB
Except in this situation, said human decided to also go where she can't get human so she is probably giving off a big sigh in the picture.

Except in this situation, said human decided to also go where she can't get human so she is probably giving off a big sigh in the picture.
She has full access to the back side of the couch. She had her chance to lick me in the ear and she missed it.

A few weeks. They do produce some cardboard scraps but that's not overwhelming.

Before I got the first one, I had a cat tree that served as a scratching post, but one cat still preferred the sofa, damn her. I picked up a cardboard pad on the recommendation of a friend and that cat decided it was a pace to sit or loaf. Once she discovered the scratching utility of it, she never bothered the sofa again! Since using these I've never had a cat try to use furniture for scratching, except kittens, which were trainable. The cardboard pads and scratching posts handle it all now.

In this picture, Mazzie has actually removed the pad from the box it was packaged into. I place catnip on the pads from time to time, and apparently he wanted all the catnip that had fallen into the holes!

I had a cat tree that served as a scratching post,
We've got about 6 scratching posts around the house and the cats will still use the sofas - but they don't use any of my floor standing speakers so that's the main thing...

What I've noticed at the moment, is the one cat has much more pronounced claws at the back, set me thinking it's possibly because none of the scratching posts allow him to get his back claws in.

We've got about 6 scratching posts around the house and the cats will still use the sofas - but they don't use any of my floor standing speakers so that's the main thing...

What I've noticed at the moment, is the one cat has much more pronounced claws at the back, set me thinking it's possibly because none of the scratching posts allow him to get his back claws in.
Cats don’t scratch the rear claws, they’re always more developed than the front for climbing.

I have a specific wicker chair that the floof attacks daily. It’s looking a bit ropey but nobody uses it as a chair.
She also really loves to get in the car when I’m cleaning it and have a go at the interior cloth, which makes means I have to put my daughter on guard when a car is open.

A few weeks. They do produce some cardboard scraps but that's not overwhelming.

Before I got the first one, I had a cat tree that served as a scratching post, but one cat still preferred the sofa, damn her. I picked up a cardboard pad on the recommendation of a friend and that cat decided it was a pace to sit or loaf. Once she discovered the scratching utility of it, she never bothered the sofa again! Since using these I've never had a cat try to use furniture for scratching, except kittens, which were trainable. The cardboard pads and scratching posts handle it all now.

In this picture, Mazzie has actually removed the pad from the box it was packaged into. I place catnip on the pads from time to time, and apparently he wanted all the catnip that had fallen into the holes!
I have scratching posts all over the house and part of the cat tree, so there's no real shortage here. Even then, one of my boys will still try to go for the couch. I have a spare couch in my bedroom that I was planning to throw out, It's stored vertically so they use it as a perch, of sorts, as it sits very high and close to the ceiling. That one they're allowed to destroy as much as they want but they don't really do much with it in that regard. It wasn't until my recent addition to the family, she actually uses it as a scratching post even though there's a scratching post in her room shes adapting to.

Last edited:
Cats don’t scratch the rear claws, they’re always more developed than the front for climbing.
He definitely will scratch with his rear claws (when he's in the mating mood, or the killing mood), because he tries to do it to my arm. Just looking at the photo of 'mazzie' above, he's going four-paws-in, and with some cat nip I wonder if I can get Baggy to do the same. He's missing some teeth, I think when he's cleaning himself he's struggling to gnaw at his rear claws, which I guess is the natural way of cats keeping their rear claws renewed.

He definitely will scratch with his rear claws (when he's in the mating mood, or the killing mood), because he tries to do it to my arm. Just looking at the photo of 'mazzie' above, he's going four-paws-in, and with some cat nip I wonder if I can get Baggy to do the same. He's missing some teeth, I think when he's cleaning himself he's struggling to gnaw at his rear claws, which I guess is the natural way of cats keeping their rear claws renewed.
My cats mostly do that with their longer toys but it's mostly kicking rather than deep scratching like you'd see with dedicated scratching posts. As for the claw grooming, yeah that's definitely what they do - Was such a weird sight the first time I started noticing it long ago. You'd think it would hurt, cus they remove like the whole nail for the most part. Before that, I would always wonder why I would find cat nails around the place.

Last edited:
Our cat, loves a good scratch post.

He used to attack my mother in laws sofa when he lived with her till she passed, but since then he’s happy with dedicated posts.

We tried a cardboard ones but he just looks at them and doesn’t touch them.

When we first moved he did attack the walls in the hallway and on our stairs, but since then he’s been really good.

Back