Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
DUuRlMQ.png

That ass

My front wheel ride econo crapbox =} Now 177k mileage
That looks like an S/AT18* Celica. Nice!!

Obligatory "it's not much but it's mine" post :P

First car, 2003 VW Polo 1.2 S. 65HP from a little 3cyl.
The main draw to this car was its mileage - it's only on 36,400 miles despite being a 2003. Very pleased with it and it's in near immaculate condition. Couldn't really ask for more out of a first car to be honest.
z8YS9Pz.jpg

26756512_10211351390486544_808480644728017142_o.jpg
Reminds me of my uncle's 2002 VW Polo which he got back when he was single. It broke at some point and sat in some parking spot to this day.

Volkswagen Polo R WRC limited edition, one of 2500. It has the same engine (2l turbocharged) than a Golf 6 GTI Edition 35 (it has the bigger K04 turbo from factory)
Here a picture of me having fun on the Nürburgring Nordschleife :dopey: (Who knows which section of the track this is?)

Why I keep thinking of brunchen? It's that part of the track I tend to think of whatever I see images or clips of track days over there.

Dude I love your MR2 ! My foglights won't turn on unless headlights too !
Thanks man!

That's a USDM thing. The US SW20s had the same 'problem' where the fog lights would only work with the headlights on. The JDM ones you could turn on the fog lights completely independent of the other lights.
People rewire the MR2s to work like the JDMs.

Volkswagen Polo R WRC limited edition, one of 2500. It has the same engine (2l turbocharged) than a Golf 6 GTI Edition 35 (it has the bigger K04 turbo from factory)
Here a picture of me having fun on the Nürburgring Nordschleife :dopey: (Who knows which section of the track this is?)

Cool hot hatch. It's the dip at Pflanzgarten I, right?

my own little thunderbolt
Yes, very nice car! I really like the Clio 3RS's with the na engine. A friend of mine has the facelift version with the stock Recaro seats and cup suspension. Only put decent tires on the car and have fun with it! :dopey: 👍
In stock form the Clio is a much better car than my Polo. The Brembo 4-pot brakes are just perfect. Other brakepads and you don't have to worry about brake fading :)

@iFuriousRacer

Thank you too :) The NA engine is a lot of fun. Great sound. I personally don't like the look of the facelift, but they are still great cars. Benefit of my car is that it's the R27 F1 Team limited edition. It comes standard with many of the things that make the Clio 3 RS a great hot hatch: the cup suspension, Recaro seats, red calipers, etc. Previous owners took great care of it, including some tasteful mods. A sports rear silencer (epic sound in high revs), powerflex top engine mount and Ferodo DS Performance pads on the front.

I had a look at your flickr.com page and it seems like we're running the same performance tires. The Yokohama AD08R right? How were they at the ring and what pressures did you run? Seems like they got a bit damaged...

@iFuriousRacerit's the R27 F1 Team limited edition.I had a look at your flickr.com page and it seems like we're running the same performance tires. The Yokohama AD08R right? How were they at the ring and what pressures did you run? Seems like they got a bit damaged...
Yes I thought that it's a limited edition because of the stickers. Is the colour sirius yellow? :)
Yoko AD08R's are perfect for daily driving and track action! I didn't have enough tire pressure, that's why they look that bad :D
You can't compare tire pressures for the Polo and the Clio, but I know that around 2.1 to 2.4 bar is good for the Clio. I like to have more pressure on the rear axle, it helps fwd cars to be more agile in corners.
I upgraded to the Nankang AR-1 semi-slicks after the Yokohamas for even better grip :drool:

Back