Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,439 comments
Well in that case...

IQzNDYHh.jpg

My '92 W350 is waiting on a steering box and the '85 300D's alternator decided to go out, so back to the '91 Toyota for a bit.

IMG_20180203_122426.jpg
IMG_20180203_122433.jpg

She doesn't like to shift into second gear in this cold weather and it is even slower than the diesel Mercedes, but it is still quite fun to drive.

@lbpomg95 @Downhill Dino

Volvo GT4 Garage Menu.png

Little quick edit.. the fonts are a bitch . I used at least 3 different fonts :lol: and I still couldn't match them. Shouldn't have messed with the date :lol: Also should have copied one of the game's garage door slits and extended it down some more. Oh well, next time, it's just for fun anyway :P

Also, the SE 240 wagon was made between '91 and '93; '91 only in the US.

I don't know your exact year but I went with '91 to be safe.

The original screenshot file I used, for anyone that is more skilled at Photoshop and wants to give it a try.

186472-gran-turismo-4-playstation-2-screenshot-home.jpg

EDIT

Fixed the year to '92.

Last edited:
@lbpomg95 @Downhill Dino

Little quick edit.. the fonts are a bitch . I used at least 3 different fonts :lol: and I still couldn't match them. Shouldn't have messed with the date :lol: Also should have copied one of the game's garage door slits and extended it down some more. Oh well, next time, it's just for fun anyway :P

Also, the SE 240 wagon was made between '91 and '93; '91 only in the US.

I don't know your exact year but I went with '91 to be safe.

The original screenshot file I used, for anyone that is more skilled at Photoshop and wants to give it a try.

View attachment 711344
Love it! I saw that exact photo and decided it would be too much effort to photoshop. Good on you for having the patience :D

Little quick edit..

Nice. Reminds me of a videogame-style edit @Zyla did of my car a couple years ago:

26388053681_46200a667f_b.jpg

Saga's in the back

Whose Camaro?

Doesn't look any different, but it has new tires:

39357294154_0a11ae728d_h.jpg

The neighborhood in the background looks perfectly nice to live in, but when I got out of the car, I realized that it smelled like manure from the farms I passed on the way there.

26194826168_a258ce4853_h.jpg

Not to discredit this location, because here it did not smell like manure. This stone roundabout looks very nice as you approach it (while still driving on asphalt), but feels really terrible to drive on...

39169264955_39a0b688e2_h.jpg

My '92 W350 is waiting on a steering box and the '85 300D's alternator decided to go out, so back to the '91 Toyota for a bit.

View attachment 711311 View attachment 711312

She doesn't like to shift into second gear in this cold weather and it is even slower than the diesel Mercedes, but it is still quite fun to drive.

If you haven't tried this already try throwing some 75W-90 full synthetic in the trans, it helped in all my Toyota trucks.

So, back in July I attended the National Buick Club car show, and I ended up going with my father-in-law on the Wednesday before the show mistakenly thinking the main event was that day. Upon my arrival some random dude asked if he could take a picture of my car, and I said yes. Fast forward to today and I come across a forum thread about pictures from the show, and wouldn't you know it:
IMG_0942.thumb.JPG.8868565a78cf0fc47101d5145da3b81a.jpg

Here's the forum I found it on (link)

This is probably the only time a 90s Skylark has been willingly photographed in the wild, but I'll take what what I can get :P.

I love it. Seeing more and more of these around now as dailies. Even the Pontiac G8s

Thanks! We're the second owners of it. We bought it in 2006. It came with Borla cat-back exhaust and a cold air box. It's been our daily driver since then-- and I live in Iowa! We put snowies on it for the winter and it does just fine for the little bit of around town driving we need to do with it.

I miss the GTO from GT6. I'd love to see it come back for Sport, but I won't get my hopes up. :-) Here was what I was driving in GT6.

Syracuse by Michael Roeder, on Flickr

Thanks! We're the second owners of it. We bought it in 2006. It came with Borla cat-back exhaust and a cold air box. It's been our daily driver since then-- and I live in Iowa! We put snowies on it for the winter and it does just fine for the little bit of around town driving we need to do with it.

I miss the GTO from GT6. I'd love to see it come back for Sport, but I won't get my hopes up. :-) Here was what I was driving in GT6.

Syracuse by Michael Roeder, on Flickr

It's such a good feeling recreating your car in a game, isn't it?

Back