Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
Have you tried using crash bolts on the rear uprights to adjust the camber? That's what I'm running on the racecar and it allows just a little adjustment.

Actually no, I'm running full coilovers, but it's basically a full time track car now.

img_9116_lzn-jpg.762940

I didn't like the 2018 Mustangs, but I think this changed my mind...

Actually no, I'm running full coilovers, but it's basically a full time track car now.
The crash bolts replace one of the bolts that attach the coilover assembly to the upright. It's basically a bolt with a cam on it, so you can adjust it. This changes the camber.
images

I run them on my racecar with my coilovers and was able to get the camber adjusted in the back where I wanted it because otherwise I wouldn't have had any adjustment either.

Yes it is an option. I'd have to look it up, but it was limited in how much camber you could get when going to a wider wheel and the stock mounting points. And on a 17x9" wheel, I want to say that anymore than -2.0 degrees of camber and you'd start to run into clearance issues. But I'm running Raceseng camber plates on top of the struts so I can now get -3.5 degrees, which is about as far as you'd want to go, even on track with R-compounds.

IMG_1308_lzn.jpg
IMG_1324_lzn.jpg
IMG_1322_lzn.jpg
IMG_1338_lzn.jpg

I took advantage of Labor Day and went up to my usual mountain route. This has Performance Package 2 which is a track handling upgrade, but I mostly got it with mountain runs in mind (I'll get to the track soon enough) and man does it make a difference. I can put cruise control on at 45 mph (speed limit on this road) and make it around every corner without drama, and some of them do get pretty tight. It is epic. Despite the 15 minute detail I gave it this morning I only spent maybe 5 minutes taking shots when I was up there. I just wanted to keep driving it :D

Bought another thing. Tired of not having a single car that I can always count on for anything, so what better vehicle for that than an FZJ80 Land Cruiser. View attachment 763733
My mates parents have a 1989 version of this. It's the 12th chassis built of the HDJ81 and being a 1989 and not a 1990 like the rest of them it's quite special. The engine is the 220th 1HD built too. What is odd is the first 20 chassis' of this Land Cruiser model don't show up on Toyotas records as existing. Only chassis 21 and up show and it's a 1990.
When they bought it they found red dirt underneath and mounting points for a roll cage under the carpet. It's had an interesting previous life but we aren't quite sure what it was used for. Maybe a test car or Paris-Dakar support vehicle or something in Australia based on dirt colour. It is definitely a Japanese model though and it's got over 300,000km on it now.

My mates parents have a 1989 version of this. It's the 12th chassis built of the HDJ81 and being a 1989 and not a 1990 like the rest of them it's quite special. The engine is the 220th 1HD built too. What is odd is the first 20 chassis' of this Land Cruiser model don't show up on Toyotas records as existing. Only chassis 21 and up show and it's a 1990.
When they bought it they found red dirt underneath and mounting points for a roll cage under the carpet. It's had an interesting previous life but we aren't quite sure what it was used for. Maybe a test car or Paris-Dakar support vehicle or something in Australia based on dirt colour. It is definitely a Japanese model though and it's got over 300,000km on it now.

That's really cool, if you have any photos you could DM me I'd be interested in seeing it. Could've also been a WRC support vehicle perhaps?

That's a neat find, wonder how it got out in the wild. Often the early chassis numbers are preproduction or specialized testing vehicles that aren't meant to be sold to the public.

It's big!

I like your sun shade. I have the Millennium Falcon front window one for the MR2.

Those step runner where a major PITA to install; no instructions so it took me 3 hours for one side alone :( The driver side rivets near the rear passenger door snapped off becauss they were rusted straight through. Now that I'm home I need to tweak them a bit so they're more flush to the chassis.

I like them though, gives the car a whole new presence and look, plus they're more or less OEM.

Also that Deadpool sunshade was the best $12 I spent :lol: Totally stealing it and using it on my Audi :P

Got my mufflers installed. Please excuse the potato quality and the overexposure on the video.

Now I gotta find something to do while driving...

AwkwardSilence.gif

Last edited:
Nice, the B8.5 is my favorite but the new B9 looks nice as well. I like that color alot.

All 40 were painted Quantum Gray, which was not available on the B9 in the US. It has since been added to the S4 color choices for 2019.

Just took delivery. 2018 A4 Ultra Sport, 1 of 40 made to commemorate the manual transmission being discontinued.
I’ve never gone new before, but this seemed like the time to make an exception.

View attachment 766540
The more I look at this picture, the more I like the color. Any pictures of the interior?

Back