Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,433 comments
I have three sub $1000 Mercedes-Benzes.

A gray 1984 300TD, a cream colored 1981 300TD, and a Euro-spec 1983 240D with a 4 speed manual.

The one image right I bought for $600 two years ago today. It ended almost a decade of being clean from the three pointed star.

The one image left is currently stripped nearly to the shell. I bought it for the third row seat and seat belts. Turns out it's a bit better than the '84 structurally.
IMG_9949.JPG

Here's my daily. We call her Molly the goodest car.
MZGC5312.JPG

That's in incredible shape. '83 244 GLE?
Thanks. It's an '82 GLE with the M46 4spd manual and electronic overdrive. It's in pretty good shape for being a 38 year old southern Ontario car! It only has slight rust on the bottom of the doors but other than that, it's pretty mint. Love this thing, it has so much character. Been driving it more than the Corvette lately!
20200629_175505.jpg

A gray 1984 300TD, a cream colored 1981 300TD, and a Euro-spec 1983 240D with a 4 speed manual.

The one image right I bought for $600 two years ago today. It ended almost a decade of being clean from the three pointed star.

The one image left is currently stripped nearly to the shell. I bought it for the third row seat and seat belts. Turns out it's a bit better than the '84 structurally.
View attachment 938891

View attachment 938892
Those are built like tanks.

supercharger setup to get us right around 600 WHP!

tenor.gif

Been a while since I saw you and I just realised I don't have you on Instagram anymore because I remade my account :lol:

I see y'all are going all in this season. How are the new seats?

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Been a while since I saw you and I just realised I don't have you on Instagram anymore because I remade my account :lol:

I see y'all are going all in this season. How are the new seats?
The seats are great! The funny thing is, the class I race in kinda requires power levels like that to be competitive. Some of the top cars now are lapping right around what a GT4 car would do, and we’re all limited to running 200 TW street tires, so that’s where we have to be at.

The seats are great! The funny thing is, the class I race in kinda requires power levels like that to be competitive. Some of the top cars now are lapping right around what a GT4 car would do, and we’re all limited to running 200 TW street tires, so that’s where we have to be at.

Just out of curiosity: is your S4 street-legal? It may be a very stupid question but I'm not up-to-date in grassroots/club racing (I hope I didn't say anything stupid here).

Just out of curiosity: is your S4 street-legal? It may be a very stupid question but I'm not up-to-date in grassroots/club racing (I hope I didn't say anything stupid here).
So one of the rules for the class that I run in is that the car has to be registered, so yes the car is street car, but it’s not something I would necessarily want to drive on the street all the time. Just like any other form of racing, everyone tries to get every advantage they can possibly get, so that means figuring out a way to register a car that would otherwise just be a racecar for the street which is what all of the front runners are doing. There’s a bunch of funny rules to keep it somewhat of a road relevant class like requirements of keeping factory interior material like carpet and door cards in the front half of the car with parts trimmed away for the roll cage.

So one of the rules for the class that I run in is that the car has to be registered, so yes the car is street car, but it’s not something I would necessarily want to drive on the street all the time. Just like any other form of racing, everyone tries to get every advantage they can possibly get, so that means figuring out a way to register a car that would otherwise just be a racecar for the street which is what all of the front runners are doing. There’s a bunch of funny rules to keep it somewhat of a road relevant class like requirements of keeping factory interior material like carpet and door cards in the front half of the car with parts trimmed away for the roll cage.

Thank you! In due time I wanna get a street-legal stripped down track car although not as extreme as yours but it's only a plan for now :)

Thank you! In due time I wanna get a street-legal stripped down track car although not as extreme as yours but it's only a plan for now :)
Mine started out very simple and it just progressed over the years. Partially due to changing classes and partially due to competition progressing in a way that requires some pretty crazy cars.

Last edited:

View attachment 938891

View attachment 938892

I'm quite a fan of W115 and W123 diesel Mercedes'. I have an '85 300D, (used to have an' 84 300D) and my current daily driver is a '72 220D.

IMG_20191110_143526 (1).jpg

My gauge cluster lights haven't worked since I've owned the car, I decided to finally rectify that. Just turned over 107K miles, too.

IMG_20200802_221839.jpg

Latest Posts

Back