Post pics of your car in snow!

• Thread starter fitftw
  • 245 comments
Continuing the Focus trend.

vj86.jpg

I don't like the steelies though.

And one of Dad's Silverado next to a friends Chevy.
nbi7.jpg

Supposed to get 8 or more inches.

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2718-1.jpg

Since it's so large and flat, the snow stays on it even when you're moving! We had snow from the hood flying up onto the windshield and the windshield wipers were shot so we had to get some new ones.

Rental cars only...nothing more than a couple flurries on our own cars.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow you guys got way more snow then we did.
Yup the lakeshore is getting DESTROYED this year by lake effect snow from the blizzard(s). Friday night Saturday morning we got hit with about another foot of snow and 50mph winds. I have NEVER seen this much snow pile up this bad in my life.

We got hit with another massive blizzard and after the entire town was finally able to dig themselves out, I took these pics. Our town was shut down Saturday warning not to drive at all because many roads were impassible and had at least 3 foot snow drifts.

These are 7 FOOT and 8 FOOT snow drifts. Yesterday we had -30f degree wind chills when I was trying to get these pics. So I could only take about 1 pic every couple minutes without my hands turning instantly purple. Insanely cold!

To put these into perspective. The door height on the building is around 6 and a half feet high. These snow drifts are easily 7 foot to 8 foot high. Insane!
View attachment 107520 View attachment 107521 View attachment 107522 View attachment 107523

Attachments

• blujay.jpg
    blujay.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Yup the lakeshore is getting DESTROYED this year by lake effect snow from the blizzard(s). Friday night Saturday morning we got hit with about another foot of snow and 50mph winds. I have NEVER seen this much snow pile up this bad in my life.

We got hit with another massive blizzard and after the entire town was finally able to dig themselves out, I took these pics. Our town was shut down Saturday warning not to drive at all because many roads were impassible and had at least 3 foot snow drifts.

These are 7 FOOT and 8 FOOT snow drifts. Yesterday we had -30f degree wind chills when I was trying to get these pics. So I could only take about 1 pic every couple minutes without my hands turning instantly purple. Insanely cold!

I'm only 30 miles west of the lake so I get caught up in the Lake Effect Snow bands that keep coming through, it's awful and I'm running out of spots to actually put the snow. We have 3-4 foot drifts that keep blowing across the roads since it's nothing but open farm fields around me...guess that's what you get for living in the country. And apparently Allegan County doesn't really plough the roads, I'm still waiting for me sub to get cleared out.

And speaking of cars in the snow, my car became rather stationary yesterday morning while attempting to back out of the driveway (I refuse to say I was stuck, just couldn't go forward or backwards any more).

t4xMzVx.jpg

Picture isn't very good since I was beyond frozen by the point, but you can see the back wheel is about half way into the snow mound. It honestly didn't look that big when I started to back up.

And speaking of cars in the snow, my car became rather stationary yesterday morning while attempting to back out of the driveway (I refuse to say I was stuck, just couldn't go forward or backwards any more).

t4xMzVx.jpg

Picture isn't very good since I was beyond frozen by the point, but you can see the back wheel is about half way into the snow mound. It honestly didn't look that big when I started to back up.
Since you live in Michigan I am really surprised you have not purchased an AWD car by now. Not trying to sound bitter but I guarantee you would not have been stuck right there with an AWD. I guarantee it. Getting rid of my FWD cars and switching to AWD cars for the winter was the best decision I have ever made. It used to make me so mad when my FWD cars would get stuck in the most stupid situations.

One incident really made me snap a few years ago. We had a slight thaw and when I pulled into my driveway with my FWD car, the car broke through about 1" thick piece of ice because it was thawing under. I was stuck and could not believe it!! Looked very similar to the pic you posted above. I would have never been stuck at that moment with AWD. After that I decided I would never own a FWD or RWD car ever again for winter. Best decision I have made. Cant even count the amount of FWD or RWD cars that have been stuck over the last couple weeks just trying to get out of our parking lot. Once you own an AWD car in winter, you wont go back. Especially if you install winter tires.

Since you live in Michigan I am really surprised you have not purchased an AWD car by now. Not trying to sound bitter but I guarantee you would not have been stuck right there with an AWD. I guarantee it. Getting rid of my FWD cars and switching to AWD cars for the winter was the best decision I have ever made. It used to make me so mad when my FWD cars would get stuck in the most stupid situations.

One incident really made me snap a few years ago. We had a slight thaw and when I pulled into my driveway with my FWD car, the car broke through about 1" thick piece of ice because it was thawing under. I was stuck and could not believe it!! Looked very similar to the pic you posted above. I would have never been stuck at that moment with AWD. After that I decided I would never own a FWD or RWD car ever again for winter. Best decision I have made. Cant even count the amount of FWD or RWD cars that have been stuck over the last couple weeks just trying to get out of our parking lot. Once you own an AWD car in winter, you wont go back. Especially if you install winter tires.

The east side of the state never got that much snow so I could get by with FWD and winter tires, now I'm on the west side I'm already starting to look for something AWD. My fiancee is going to get my Focus for every day driving and I've been looking at WRX wagons or something along though lines.

Well the old tires on my car aren't up to snuff so yesterday I had to go back and pick it up because my father decided it wasn't road worthy in snow (after sliding down a hill), and he left it at near by family. This is the car when it got back, with what felt like slicks.

mEmjPI5.jpg

qwugcge.jpg

I tried to be "creative" when taking these pictures but I can't do much with my 16mp digital camera...

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

Everything looks like that around here. We also had quite a bit in 2008. I just know this is the most snow I personally have ever seen on the ground at once in such a short amount of time.

Last edited:
Since you live in Michigan I am really surprised you have not purchased an AWD car by now.

Followed the same G37x into work 2 days in a row now, thinking that if I ever get a better car, it''l be something like that.

The lack of grip is ridiculous with FF right now.

Followed the same G37x into work 2 days in a row now, thinking that if I ever get a better car, it''l be something like that.

The lack of grip is ridiculous with FF right now.
Yup I am so glad I sold my 2 FWD cars and traded them both for AWD cars. Best decision I have made in years. Especially as bad as this winter has been.

This is what I arrived to when I got home last night after work. Plow went by and destroyed the mail box. Those snow banks are at least 4 feet high. The entrance to my driveway had 1 foot to 2 foot banks from the plow truck and the banks were full of ice. YES I drove through it last night in my WRX all the way to the garage. :D

Then I spent the next hour chipping and chopping the ice and snow with an axe and shovel. After that my neighbor used his snow blower and cleaned everything up. Poor WRX has taken a beating this winter. But I never would have got in or out of my driveway this year with a FWD car. I am also still planning on getting some coil overs so I can raise the car for winter, and keep in lower for summer. I am shocked I have not got stuck with as low as this car is.

IMG_20140206_174911.jpg

Back