Post pics of your car in snow!

• Thread starter fitftw
  • 245 comments
734792_10151668345362787_1167342522_n.jpg

This is from a few weeks ago.

We had a random blizzard-like squall that blew through earlier today but it didn't stick for long. Covered the roads in a half inch within 15 minutes I bet. If that lasted all day we'd be a foot under already.

For some reason for the past two year's, southern Ontario has gotten barely any snow.....I think so far we've only gotten one good snowfall where it stayed on the ground overnight. It's usually just dry and cold these days. If it wasn't for the salt they put on the roads I could get away with driving the Corvette with the way the weather's been so far.

For some reason for the past two year's, southern Ontario has gotten barely any snow.....I think so far we've only gotten one good snowfall where it stayed on the ground overnight. It's usually just dry and cold these days. If it wasn't for the salt they put on the roads I could get away with driving the Corvette with the way the weather's been so far.

Yeah we haven't gotten much in New York over the past few years either.

Better picture from today when I left work. It's really powdery too and there's a fun layer of ice under the snow too which makes driving fun.

focussnow.jpg

Does this count?

BTW the Honda Odyssey next to me has some performance rims and a set of high performance rated tires >_>
33k4y87.jpg

Last edited:
Dirty old car

DSCN3208_zps83d0a996.jpg

Better picture from today when I left work. It's really powdery too and there's a fun layer of ice under the snow too which makes driving fun.

focussnow.jpg
Is that a German license plate?

You drive a rwd car in the snow?? you must be crazy.

I haven't really seen a good snow in years, sucks.

Wait, I can't tell if you're joking or serious about the RWD car in snow thing? It is a very typical West-sider thing to say though so dunno if...

I would think so too, but he drives/drove a Miata. I think trolling.

You'd think but he also lives in the Seattle area, and they think driving in snow with anything less than AWD and snow tires in impossible. And I mean "abandon car on freeway" or just stop and stay in it impossible. It is rather comical for those of us East of the Cascades.

You'd think but he also lives in the Seattle area, and they think driving in snow with anything less than AWD and snow tires in impossible. And I mean "abandon car on freeway" or just stop and stay in it impossible. It is rather comical for those of us East of the Cascades.

Don't know if he's serious or not, but he did move from Missouri (via Texas).

476414_463743973682988_1400003539_o.jpg

701974_463759243681461_788394789_o.jpg

471136_463759263681459_492298943_o.jpg

Yeah, it's fun in a Subaru of any kind. Been practicing gymkhana style driving lately. Unfortunately none of my passengers got any videos.

Yeah I was just kidding, sorry.

Its okay. I think me remembering you were from the South and living out on the West-side made me question it just a bit. Because, as I said, people just lose their god damn minds in the snow over there.

Volvo pic
"And here you see a Volvo in it's natural habitat."

483144_412298308847878_118022757_n.jpg

Pretty fun in the snow, except for the beefy lack of tread tires on the rear and the numb powersteering.

Looking at it, it really needs a wash. Good thing that today is the last day of snow and cold so I can wash all that salt off.

Last edited:
Its okay. I think me remembering you were from the South and living out on the West-side made me question it just a bit. Because, as I said, people just lose their god damn minds in the snow over there.

From earlier in the thread.

I lived in Missouri until I was around 23 so I have a decent bit of experience in the snow. 7 years isn't many but if it was snowing outside and I wasn't working or sleeping I was driving in it. :)

Meh, it happens to the best of us! :lol:

The great thing about it is I wasn't even sliding when that happened, the road wasn't plowed yet and was one I was unfamiliar with and I just drove right off. Those tires were nearly bald too. The engine got pretty toasty trying to rock it back and forth but it was no use, I was pretty far from people and it was late at night so I had to try. Plow driver wouldn't help because of insurance reasons but I managed to get ahold of someone with a truck.

Some cell phone action shots... Next time I'll use my camera and get actual photos and video. Maybe even borrow a Go Pro. This was at 5AM so I was a little tired and not going balls out like earlier in the night.

8418243937_61f0af0d9b_o.png

8419338894_0cf9b9c369_o.png

8419338986_7c9bfc2721_o.png

8419339098_7937ab3888_o.png

8419339210_eeb8b4aae7_o.png

Back