Post your bike!

I got a new bike a couple of weeks ago and I love it to bits!
Its a Carrera Kraken 09 with some tasty white rims :D
Photo0096.jpg

Photo0102.jpg

Photo0097.jpg

:D

Just found this from last summer. Bike still looks the same except for a slightly slimmer seat with the angle more flush with the frame.

dsc02476cs4.jpg

It looks silly though with the wheels like that, whatever possessed me to think it would look good! Might have the front sprayed green when I get monies.

Are those crimson DMR V8s I see? I have the ox blood red ones on my old bike. Its gonna be a pain in the bum getting them off.
I quite like the odd coloured wheels, though I'm wierd like that :lol:
Nice bike. Take it you are a DJer ya?

Ox blood = crimson pretty much. :P
My ox blood ones are scratched to buggery, still better than the stock Welgos that came with this bike! They were also the first things I got for my old bike, along with some DMR lock-ons. :)

Yes! Lock on grips too, It had these horrible Snafu ones that twisted round every five seconds, not useful at all.

I ride DJ with my mates for fun but I'm a much better trail rider.

dsc00242sf.jpg

Bad picture but my pride and joy, Pace RC303 next to my Uncles Scott Genius at Coed-Y-Brenin I think.

Haha yeah non-lock ons (slip offs? :lol:) are useless!
Ah ok, I've only ever seen pics of your Iron (not surfed through this thread before).
I see you have clip in pedals on that lovely looking Pace... any comedy falls yet? :lol:
How good are Hydraulic discs btw?! I had cable discs on my old bike, and I can safely say that hydro ones are infinately better! Coming back from tennis last night in the snow I thought "I wonder how good these will be when wet...". Pulled the front lever: instant stoppie :lol: Absolutely loving it!

A fair number of comedy falls for sure. Although I keep the clips fairly loose so I get my foot down quick.

No doubt Hydros are better, if I could afford one for the Iron it would easily replace both cables and still be more powerful. I had Hydros on my previous Giant bike but they were really cheap and tended to stick in summer, the Hope M4's on the Pace though are perfect, you really do get what you pay for with Hope stuff.

A fair number of comedy falls for sure. Although I keep the clips fairly loose so I get my foot down quick.

No doubt Hydros are better, if I could afford one for the Iron it would easily replace both cables and still be more powerful. I had Hydros on my previous Giant bike but they were really cheap and tended to stick in summer, the Hope M4's on the Pace though are perfect, you really do get what you pay for with Hope stuff.

Haha, I'm nowhere near brave enough to use clippy pedals :lol:
Yeah Hope stuff looks good. Pity its expensive though :P

Niice! I'm liking the colour 👍

I need to get a new saddle...The one that came with my bike is making my bum numb after too short a time!

I got this Red Carrera Vulcan about a year ago, the blue bike is my wife’s which is also a Carrera Vulcan. It’s nothing special but as you can see it’s often sporting a child seat for my son so there’s not much point getting something trick. Saying that I have been round Coad Llandegla Blue Trail and Grisdale with him on the back, very satisfying riding past people pushing their bikes uphill when I’ve 20kg of boy and child seat behind me ;)

IMG_0373.JPG

Since this pic was taken I’ve added the below bits, even though it’s basic I am pretty happy with it but can’t messing with it.

Specialized Avatar Gel Saddle
Lizard Skins Charger Lock On Grips (awesome, will be getting them again)
Truvativ Hussefelt Bars 680mm width, 40mm rise (looks cool)
Truvativ Hussefelt Stem 60mm (looks very cool and really sharpens it up)
EBC front brake disc 203mm conversion (much needed upgrade over 160mm but need hydraulics)

I’ll be replacing the tyres with Maxxis Crossmark 2.1 rear and Maxxis Advantage 2.25 front very soon before I head out to Coed Llandegla with my brother. He’s got A Spesh Stumpjumper Elite 09, he’s going to toast me :lol:

My previous bike was an Alpinestars Al Mega DX circa 1991. Old skool! :D

Almega.jpg

I should really do a proper shoot with my bike sometime, as of now I only have snapshots to show what it looks like.

bikecurrent.jpg

Changed since last pic:
- Borrowed my mates Fox Floats, very very nice to ride. I can do mental high bunnyhops now. May have to buy them if I have the funds when I finish with the wheels.
- The seat I was on about is pictured.
- Front brake removed because the pads wore out, might not put it back on ever.

Orange and Black rims will look so much better I reckon, also not applying a stupid High-Pass layer in Photoshop would look better too.

Looks good maybe you could get some purple or orange annodised bolts to go with the pedals and hub.

I got some wheels a while back, been saving and buying slowly and finally I have it all. Wheels, tyres, inner tubes, disks and a SRAM PG980 cassette.
Finally have two sets of wheels for on road and off road :D

Just realised how much my bikes changed since the last page :embarrassed: Just need to upgrade the brakes probably to Hope, maybe a lightweight chainset, lighter forks and she will be perfect :)

Last edited:
Niiiice!
I'll need to take a pic of my new grips on my bike.
I might need to take it into a bike shop sometime because teh brakes have gone horrible wrong. Lots of wierd noises and the don't feel great anymore.
More money down the drain :(

Is there any love for a roadie around these parts? :nervous:

I'm happy with my lil 2009 Trek 1.2.

I'll have to get some new shots of my trusty steed, haven't taken any photos for about 6 months now :crazy:

-Spiran

Yeah might give them a clean. Cable discs are so much easier to fiddle with than hydros!

Yeah there are a few roadies around these parts. Check the previous page.

Is there any love for a roadie around these parts? :nervous:

I'm happy with my lil 2009 Trek 1.2.

I'll have to get some new shots of my trusty steed, haven't taken any photos for about 6 months now :crazy:

-Spiran

Road love? Of course

Click for much larger size...

And a more standard fair picture from last year...

IMG_6521.jpg

About to get new tires as well, thinking Rubino Pro III in Blue/Honey.

Last edited:
:bowdown: Photo is amazing in so many ways. Is it just one shot and how long did it take to find a structure like that in the same colours as your bike?

Just one shot, cropped a bit, with a 18-55mm lens. They recently (last year or so) built that water tower, and its all of 10 minutes away by bike from where I live.

I'll process another picture up when I get home from work.

Just one shot, cropped a bit, with a 18-55mm lens. They recently (last year or so) built that water tower, and its all of 10 minutes away by bike from where I live.

I'll process another picture up when I get home from work.

Definitely do, there are very nice sky's in Wazzu :D

Having just bought my second pair of forks for the Charge Iron I thought it would be nice to have a look back to when I'd just bought the first.

Then:
then.png

Now:
nowg.png

It's come on a long way from then, back when I bought those Manitous they made a massive difference to the bike. However after just less than a year of riding them I've realised how bad they are for the job. Sure they may be coil-springs but they are so soft, not good for hitting take-offs. The main difference is weight though, I'm always looking to make it lighter. I started off with replacing the wheels, getting rid of DJ-specific V-Brake rims shed a huge bulk off, now with the Fox Floats then front end is getting close to matching my Pace's.

I've still got a few things to sort before I'm entirely happy, the cable disc brake should be replaced for a Hope Mono Mini and I think I would benefit from a better cranks/bottom bracket combo. Eventually I'll get some nicer looking rims but my friend has quite rightly pointed out that I should destroy these first before I buy new, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

hey, i want you to help me since i dont know that much about mtb bikes.

im probably gettin this next week.

1265207594_100_0127.jpg

1265208075_100_0130.jpg

Sars frame, Manitou Axel 80mm. forks with Magura brakes (hydraulic) I think, and then the drivetrain goodies are XTR. oh, and Easton composite stem/seatpost.

im buying it for mad cheap. like 160 US dollars, is it ok?

Here's how the Italian Girl looks these days:

201copy.jpg

Not really willing to upgrade anything else. I am looking at expanding my stable to something less obnoxious/tall that I can hack around on the polo courts.

Back