Post Your Highest Time Trial Positions

• Thread starter L_Hamilton
  • 524 comments
That's a great result Tony! đź‘Ť Those two guys are considered some of the fastest in the world, so you should be proud of your performance :)

Although I don't agree with you regarding your opinion of TT's in SOME aspects. All the cars in time trials are of course set-up using the default tune, or the suspension/power/weight setting and gearing that most represent the manufacturers settings...which of course simulates the stock cars performance most realisitcally. This is great for production cars, as they are most often equipped with standard radials (which are comparable to S2's), with a very select few cars having R-compound tires (closer to S3-R1) from the factory in real life. So having the stock gearing and suspension settings forces you to drive around certain negative handling traits...as it is good to be able to adapt to and driver around a car that isn't necessarily set-up for your driving style...or that is easy to driver either.

For race cars like the GTLM, yes running on S2 tires is far from being realistic though, because who is going to throw a standard street radial on a race car? :lol:

That's a great result Tony! đź‘Ť Those two guys are considered some of the fastest in the world, so you should be proud of your performance :)

Although I don't agree with you regarding your opinion of TT's in SOME aspects. All the cars in time trials are of course set-up using the default tune, or the suspension/power/weight setting and gearing that most represent the manufacturers settings...which of course simulates the stock cars performance most realisitcally. This is great for production cars, as they are most often equipped with standard radials (which are comparable to S2's), with a very select few cars having R-compound tires (closer to S3-R1) from the factory in real life. So having the stock gearing and suspension settings forces you to drive around certain negative handling traits...as it is good to be able to adapt to and driver around a car that isn't necessarily set-up for your driving style...or that is easy to driver either.

For race cars like the GTLM, yes running on S2 tires is far from being realistic though, because who is going to throw a standard street radial on a race car? :lol:

The most annoying thing is not the tires or the suspension settings,it's the gear ratios. They all seem to be a little longer than they would be in a the actual production car. The f40 has a fifth gear that is set to theoretically reach 450+km/h:confused::confused:

EDIT:After reading your post more carefully i see that you have pointed out this fact already so my post is a little off...

It is worth mentioning though that time trialing in the real world is a process that demands the ability to set up the car and have a hotlap both on a specific amount of time..Arcade time trials in gt don't have a time limit or allow you to tune the car so the basic point is lost and the above mentioned qualities are not awarded.

Last edited:
M3 Coupe Suzuka East 1st :D. I see a low 54:8xx ...

I will also drive London again :).

Superb lap Struppi:tup:đź‘Ť

We are both so close to the limit there that I can't bring myself to try again, knowing there is a big chance it'll end in tears. Tried to reclaim your London record yet?:sly:

It's an addictive car to drive, the BMW M3 Coupe, I look forward to taking it out to Suzuka next:tup:

@ dan

No, i tried not yet to get my london p1 back. had too less time this week, but i will try :).
my london m3 was unclean - there was a big wallbang. dunno if u know that.

ye man, 54:8xx time on suzi east with the m3 is more or less the limit. i cant go much faster... maybe 54:850 or something, but then its over n out :).

@ dan

No, i tried not yet to get my london p1 back. had too less time this week, but i will try :).
my london m3 was unclean - there was a big wallbang. dunno if u know that.

ye man, 54:8xx time on suzi east with the m3 is more or less the limit. i cant go much faster... maybe 54:850 or something, but then its over n out :).

Yeah, I noticed it first here in this thread when you mentioned it and then when I watched your replay as a guide, lol. You should give the online time trial at Eiger Nordwand with the Ferrari California a go:tup:

mhm, u mean the TT with that bad tyres?

mhhhhm, maybe i will drive there. i see no sense driving with crappy tyres :).

u drove already there?

Yes, yes i did. Managed to reach my goal time of anything under 1'14.000, that Tacuechi01 is one hell of a driver though, although, I'm not going to use the handbrake in GT5P, so maybe, he gained a slight advantage using the handbrake in sector 1, always laugh when I see drivers using the handbrake, It's absolutely pathetic in my opinion.

Yes, yes i did. Managed to reach my goal time of anything under 1'14.000, that Tacuechi01 is one hell of a driver though, although, I'm not going to use the handbrake in GT5P, so maybe, he gained a slight advantage using the handbrake in sector 1, always laugh when I see drivers using the handbrake, It's absolutely pathetic in my opinion.
In my opinion its a racing technic like any other! So rally drivers are pathetic?! hmm lets think about that for a moment... đź’ˇ
edit: tnx baldy! I try my best with the uuuuge lag the pad has... i say if could change gears like a G25 no one would scared me in any TT!

Last edited:
mhm, i think its a technic like some others.

it depends on your driving style. some guys need it to turn the car into the corner.

on eiger is handbrake more or less realistic. how do get around a hairpin on the fastest way? using a bit the handbrake :). rally drivers do that also... so no problem.

wallriding is pathetic in my opinion.

depending takeuchi01. yes he is a helldriver :D... and his brother trick-r too. that both guys got probably the same DNA or something :).

I dont have any 1.place to brag about, i consider myself more of a online racer then hotlapper. My best is mazda rx7, suz east: 3rd place. Also top 10 in same car in suzuka. (If i remember correct, oberst struppi has 1.place)

@ mr volcano

i prefer also to drive online races, but the online mode in gt5p sucks.

before i began with gt5p i drove fm2. that was beautiful.

the only motivating point in gt5p for me is hotlapping....
in gt5 i will drop it...

edit: yes, mazda rx7 on suzi is mine.

I set a few top 10's yesterday. While doing so, I noticed something rather disturbing. Perhaps an Alien can sort it out for me- Tuned Viper at Suzuka East, if follow P1's ghost and see if you can keep up with it just to turn 1. I got up to 15th (Ithink) but I couldnt put much effort into it knowing how bad I was getting beat on the straight.

Where you using the clutch? And how about P1? There's probably at least one gearshift down the main straight there with that car, which in itself can be worth a car length or more at the very least (when using the clutch).

I didnt watch p1's replay (maybe I should have :dunce:,) but I go from 3rd out of the last turn to 4th going into turn 1. I wasnt using the clutch, but I am very aware of how much a clutch can pull faster than shifting sequentially. As soon as I cross the line the ghost pops out in front of me!

Following MAY and Dholl's ghost over the months I am use to being passed before the first turn, but never have I been passed and blown away like this. The other thing that really gets me is how p1 doesnt pull on me from the last turn to the start/finish line.

I am not mad, or accusing anyone of anything, but I would love to know what is going on đź‘Ť
0.4 seconds off first, and I am 0.4 seconds behind at turn 1, never in my history of TT's have I been so baffled.

Last edited:
I didnt watch p1's replay (maybe I should have :dunce:,) but I go from 3rd out of the last turn to 4th going into turn 1. I wasnt using the clutch, but I am very aware of how much a clutch can pull faster than shifting sequentially. As soon as I cross the line the ghost pops out in front of me!

Following MAY and Dholl's ghost over the months I am use to being passed before the first turn, but never have I been passed and blown away like this. The other thing that really gets me is how p1 doesnt pull on me from the last turn to the start/finish line.

I am not mad, or accusing anyone of anything, but I would love to know what is going on đź‘Ť
0.4 seconds off first, and I am 0.4 seconds behind at turn 1, never in my history of TT's have I been so baffled.

I'll have to check that TT out when I get a chance...haven't touched that one since the pad days, and boy was it a biotch with the 6-axis :dopey: :lol:

One thing I've noticed which is pretty odd is that the ghost will sometimes start up to ~ a half car length ahead for some reason. There seems to be inconsistencies from when the ghost starts at the line from lap to lap, which I've noticed for quite some time now.

Also, on the outlap you can really focus on your run out of the last corner. When you're on your hotlap you must of course concentrate on getting through the entire corner as quickly as possible without sacrificing too much entry or exit speed. So basically what I'm saying is that, on the P1 run he might be going to the very, very top of the track so he can get the absolute best run to start his lap, tip toeing it upon entry.

IIRC that car also has extremely slow shifting (one of the slowest) when not using the clutch. So all of this might be reason why he is gaining such an advantage to turn 1. There's really not many ways to cheat at Suzuka East that I'm aware of, so that is the most reasonable explanation I can come up with.

One last thing. You mention that you're .4 behind by turn 1, and only .4 off at the line. It's really hard to measure the gap by guessing visually, as you must realize as the speed increases so does the gap. So basically the gap might LOOK the same at the end of the straight as when you cross the line, but this is simply due to the fact that you are probably traveling at 2/3's the speed as you cross the line, which is roughly .133 more at the line with same VISUAL gap. You're probably aware of this...just wanted to make sure though đź‘Ť

Sorry for the double post...just didn't feel like adding this to my previous post as it was of a completely different subject.

Yet it's ok to put wheels off in the grass and sand to achieve your laptimes, while jumping off cobble stone and curbing (HSR) to gain the absolute maximum cornering advantage? :odd:

Driving with two wheels on the grass (1 power wheel) hoping your car will maintain traction at the ABSOLUTE limit is more ridiculous and unrealistic than using the e-brake perfectly to get the front end to turn in, in REAL LIFE.

I will say this though...having a button actuated e-brake like in the game makes the modulation and control much easier than in real life with a traditional e-brake though... especially given how the tires initially break away in the game.

Last edited:
I'll have to check that TT out when I get a chance...haven't touched that one since the pad days, and boy was it a biotch with the 6-axis :dopey: :lol:
I noticed your time. I think you are 12th or so, and I got up to 8th đź‘Ť
One thing I've noticed which is pretty odd is that the ghost will sometimes start up to ~ a half car length ahead for some reason
I havent noticed that, but that may be a contributing factor.
IIRC that car also has extremely slow shifting (one of the slowest) when not using the clutch. So all of this might be reason why he is gaining such an advantage to turn 1.
Well, it does shift slow. But there is only one shift! How much could that really do? I am use to clutch users pulling on me a little... you gotta see this is what Im trying to say.
One last thing. You mention that you're .4 behind by turn 1, and only .4 off at the line...
You are right, but in my time playing GT I am getting pretty good at guessing times. Often I can guess to the 1/2 of a tenth to how close I am behind my own ghost, and then the time pops up on the screen for verification (I am anally observant, a lot of ADD in me.) Forget times, he is about 4 car lengths in front of me. Sometimes MAY will have one car length over me going into turn 1...

One more thing, his hotlap, last turn exit is on the edge of the grass! I dont even know how he keeps it going straight.
Check this out, and make sure you tell me what you think.

on topic :lol:- I got top 10 at HSR forward and Reverse in the Z06 yeeee haaa

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed which is pretty odd is that the ghost will sometimes start up to ~ a half car length ahead for some reason. There seems to be inconsistencies from when the ghost starts at the line from lap to lap, which I've noticed for quite some time now.

Yes, I also noticed this several times on different courses. I watch mine ghost pass T1 in front of me, but than I get a better split than the ghost does. Pretty weird and confusing from time to time.

Since my hsc is over i can finally play gt5p again.

top-10_000.png

I'm happy with a top 10 :D

Is there any way to find out how many drivers have set a time? I have a couple of top-100s but I have no idea if that means I'm in the top 1% or the bottom 10%! Interesting to see many top-10 drivers here. I shall be quiet and respectful!

Is there any way to find out how many drivers have set a time? I have a couple of top-100s but I have no idea if that means I'm in the top 1% or the bottom 10%! Interesting to see many top-10 drivers here. I shall be quiet and respectful!

I don't know any way to find out directly.

But from what my experience has taught me it depends on the car/track combo you are doing. For instance f2007 at suzuka has over 25.000 registered laps and for that i'm sure because after a cold lap i had the box popped out and showed me i was 26.xxx. Other combos with less popular car/track combos might have way less registered times. Although i haven't tried, i guess that if you set a crazy slow lap (1 minute slower than the 1st position) and it is your first lap, the ranking box will pop out and show you your ranking which should be a number close to the total of the registered laps this combo has.

2nd at london reverse with TVR Tamora.
3rd at london reverse with Ferrari 599.

3rd at Suzuka East in the Shaguar.
It was a quick trip to 4th, and a few more laps to 3rd. Struppi was within .009 (or so) and I got no closer over the next hour or so.

7th at Suzuka in the Shagster.
Too tattered and torn to put much effort into this combo after Suzu East.

Pinched the GT-R record at Eiger rev from GEORGE and the Dodge Viper '02 (eiger rev) back off Tona, also Subaru 05 Eiger rev and Subaru 07 Eiger forward

Latest Posts

Back