Post your IRL car's Topgear Test Track Laptimes!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nocturna
  • 49 comments
  • 4,017 views
Messages
72
United States
Oregon
Messages
Dovahkiin_empire
Recreate your real-life car in GT5 and do a hotlap around the TGTT, Then post your times here!:)

FR-S (Bone Stock) - 1:23.104
 
Racing Softs? Surely you should do it on Comforts or Sports Hard for a high end car?
 
Fuelmyfire
Racing Softs? Surely you should do it on Comforts or Sports Hard for a high end car?

This.

There's no point on posting times if the performance isn't realistic (you'll have much too much grip on slicks and therefore the laptimes wouldn't be correct).
Also cars on the TG show's leaderboards only use up to Semi-slicks which is suppose is Sport Medium-Soft.

I'd use Comfort Soft if we were driving my car (Lexus IS XE20) and they're pretty decent tyres and probably nearly every other car that isn't made specifically for high speed performance (Lamborghini, Ferrari etc.) would have Comfort Softs or lower.

Edit: Okay, so I got an IS-F, heavily detuned it to 227BHP, added 177KG of ballast to make the performance realistic.
Used fully customisable transmission to lengthen the 8 Speed box so it's a 6 Speed setup (I tried to get the ratios close). Does 0-60 in around 7.5 Seconds so it's pretty close.
Then bought fully customisable suspension so I could soften the suspension and tweak it so it's not really as agile as the ISF.
Changed the brake balance to 3/2; equipped Comfort Soft tires and voila!

From a standing start (not rolling) I achieved a time of: 1:34:806

It's kind of pathetic, but not really that bad. I braked very early and drove cautiously but fast. The only time the back stepped out was at Chicago, but I added the factor of bravery as I know in real life I wouldn't be confident going 60+MPH around a bend in my car, so I tried to replicate that.

I'm on par with a Mini Cooper S Works and a Volvo S60 R. :)

Btw: 1:23:xxx puts you on the same times as Porsche 997 GT3 and the Ferrari F430 F1 Spider... :indiff: :lol:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_test_track_Power_Lap_Times#section_1
 
Last edited:
This.

There's no point on posting times if the performance isn't realistic (you'll have much too much grip on slicks and therefore the laptimes wouldn't be correct).
Also cars on the TG show's leaderboards only use up to Semi-slicks which is suppose is Sport Medium-Soft.

I'd use Comfort Soft if we were driving my car (Lexus IS XE20) and they're pretty decent tyres and probably nearly every other car that isn't made specifically for high speed performance (Lamborghini, Ferrari etc.) would have Comfort Softs or lower.

Edit: Okay, so I got an IS-F, heavily detuned it to 227BHP, added 177KG of ballast to make the performance realistic.
Used fully customisable transmission to lengthen the 8 Speed box so it's a 6 Speed setup (I tried to get the ratios close). Does 0-60 in around 7.5 Seconds so it's pretty close.
Then bought fully customisable suspension so I could soften the suspension and tweak it so it's not really as agile as the ISF.
Changed the brake balance to 3/2; equipped Comfort Soft tires and voila!

From a standing start (not rolling) I achieved a time of: 1:34:806

It's kind of pathetic, but not really that bad. I braked very early and drove cautiously but fast. The only time the back stepped out was at Chicago, but I added the factor of bravery as I know in real life I wouldn't be confident going 60+MPH around a bend in my car, so I tried to replicate that.

I'm on par with a Mini Cooper S Works and a Volvo S60 R. :)

Btw: 1:23:xxx puts you on the same times as Porsche 997 GT3 and the Ferrari F430 F1 Spider... :indiff: :lol:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_test_track_Power_Lap_Times#section_1

I redid the lap with Sports Hard tires, and got a lap time of, 1:38.139, I didn't try too hard on this lap, and the first lap I did, I didn't even realize I had slicks on the car :ouch:. After correcting this, I feel this lap was alot more justified!:)
 
Nocturna
I redid the lap with Sports Hard tires, and got a lap time of, 1:38.139, I didn't try too hard on this lap, and the first lap I did, I didn't even realize I had slicks on the car :ouch:. After correcting this, I feel this lap was alot more justified!:)

Should have used comfort med/softs, those are closer to normal tires than sports.
 
I used street legal tires. Why isn't that fair? Then fine, I posted this for a fun little activity for people who are bored or done with all the events in GT5 there is no prize, and there is no contest here, It's all for fun.
 
Should have used comfort med/softs, those are closer to normal tires than sports.
Yes this. PD gave the FR-S tires that are as grippy as a supercar's. In real life the car has a similar tire compound as the Prius.

~Turtle
turtle.gif
​
 
So no one's actually going to post a time? -_-
 
So no one's actually going to post a time? -_-

Well, I'm only 15 but tomorrow I'll post times of relative's cars. A Dodge Ram and a Mazda 3.

~Turtle
turtle.gif
​
 
Nocturna
I redid the lap with Sports Hard tires, and got a lap time of, 1:38.139, I didn't try too hard on this lap, and the first lap I did, I didn't even realize I had slicks on the car :ouch:. After correcting this, I feel this lap was alot more justified!:)

Nice; you're on par with a Saab 9-5 Aero and a Honda Civic Type R EP3. :)

In real life I think my laptime would be 5+ seconds slower because I couldn't trust my tires...
 
Im going to do mine now,i have a 180sx with some work done,not heaps about 250 hp at the wheels(about 320 at the flywheel,which is the numbers we see in gt5)and it weighs 1330 with me and half a tank of fuel,tyres i would say match a comfort medium.Will edit my time in soon.

EDIT: 1:33.377 standing lap
 
Last edited:
I have no idea what car I could compare with mine. Give me one to use and ill run it and tell ya the time. I own a 1990 Chevy Lumina Euro 3.1L V6
 
I have no idea what car I could compare with mine. Give me one to use and ill run it and tell ya the time. I own a 1990 Chevy Lumina Euro 3.1L V6

98 Taurus seems about par with the specs of that lovely car!:sick:, Nah its ok, I had a PT Cruiser before my FR-S.......:crazy:
 
Corolla Runx Z Aerotourer '02 which included added ballast for myself and uprated air filter i managed a 1.31:788
 
98 Taurus seems about par with the specs of that lovely car!:sick:, Nah its ok, I had a PT Cruiser before my FR-S.......:crazy:

The 98 Taurus SHO? IRL that SHO model would blow my doors off. As my car sits it has problems lol. I'll run tho n see what happens :)

Edit: I am going to be using the 307 CC Premium AVN '04 it is very close to my car specs, and its easyily obtained :)
 
Last edited:
99stlouisrams
Corolla Runx Z Aerotourer '02 which included added ballast for myself and uprated air filter i managed a 1.31:788

What tyres?
 
sik180sx
What tyres?

I think the OP should be updated and put in bold Comfort Softs or less; maybe sports if your car is on semi slicks...
 
The 98 Taurus SHO? IRL that SHO model would blow my doors off. As my car sits it has problems lol. I'll run tho n see what happens :)

Edit: I am going to be using the 307 CC Premium AVN '04 it is very close to my car specs, and its easyily obtained :)

Ah! Didnt notice it was the SHO model. Derp
 
I have an Integra LS 4 door, a 2 dr type R is closest in game. Detuned it to 142hp and comfort softs, 1:35.48
 
going to post a time of my 1985 z28 camaro, fittted with a 350 v8 and slightly lowered:). going to replicate it with the 1988 iroc-z concept with comfort hard tires since the tires on it right now are very old and were sitting out in the sun for a few years :ouch: still going to tweak the power and suspension to make it as close as mine
 
Staggered start for both laps I did. First run was a "I'm driving my car and don't won't either to die" lap which set a 1:42.713. Second lap was a "let my inner stig loose" lap which was a 1:38.857. Didn't do practice laps, just went out and drove. No assists besides automatic transmission (because my car is an automatic), comfort hard tires used.
 
IRL car: 02 C5 Z06
GT5 equivalent: 04 C5 Z06
GT5 Mods:
80 kg ballast (me)
Semi-Racing exhaust
Fixed Sports suspension
Racing air filter

Comfort soft tires, standing start: 1:24.089
Sport Hard tires, standing start: 1:23.002
Comfort soft tires, rolling start: 1:22.335
Sport Hard tires. rolling start: 1:19.805

The comfort tires feel like the real car in the corners, but don't have realistic grip when accelerating and braking. The sport tires have the right acceleration and braking, but too much grip in the corners.
 
Dodge Ram- 1:32.990, CS Tires, stopped start (IRL a normal Ram is probably closer to CM, but my dad got some uprgaded tires.
Mazda Axela (3)- 1:33.451 CS Tires, stopped start

~Turtle
turtle.gif
​
 
Back