Post your IRL car's Topgear Test Track Laptimes!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nocturna
  • 49 comments
  • 4,017 views
...
 
Last edited:
SkylineObsession
Neither of my Skylines (GTS and GTS-4) are in GT5. :(

What model? R31? You can just modify it to the closest spec?
 
Closest thing in game is the ST183 GT-R... but even that is pretty far off. I'll see what I can do, though.
 
...
 
Last edited:
SkylineObsession
R32's.

I could probably detune the GTS-25 to 155hp and it'll be closeish to my GTS (apart from exhaust note maybe). But can't really replicate the GTS-4, as it's 4WD. And a sedan.

Sedan non-GT-R's would be awesome to have in GT, they already have two (the D1 drift cars, which are R34 GT-T's).

I have a non-turbo rear drive R32 in my garage now,gts-s i think,if you want it fr me. Psn: SiK180_tR

EDIT: Sorry just checked,i realised after i posted that your talking about the RB20DE,not the RB25DE :dunce:
 
Last edited:
Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) Comfort softs, and detuned to 140 BHP as mine isnt the 190 model...
Standing Start time : 1:37.185
Flying lap : 1:33.102
 
I don't have a car at the moment but I've worked out that walking around it will take me 30 minutes and 53 seconds, longer if I stay off the racing line.
 
SkylineObsession
R32's.

I could probably detune the GTS-25 to 155hp and it'll be closeish to my GTS (apart from exhaust note maybe). But can't really replicate the GTS-4, as it's 4WD. And a sedan.

Sedan non-GT-R's would be awesome to have in GT, they already have two (the D1 drift cars, which are R34 GT-T's).

I know this sounds silly, but what about a Nissan Stagea? Just do a weight reduction and tweak the suspension and limit the HP.
 
So, I've put a fair bit of work into making my car, a 2002 Ford Falcon SR driveable and here's what I ended up with.

Real Car.......Basic Facts......GT equivalent
Ford Falcon SR................Nissan Fairlady Z Roadster Z33
2002..............................2003
FR.................................FR
3.984L...........................3.498L
211BHP/4900RPM.............211BHP/4800RPM
357NM/3000RPM..............361NM/4300RPM
Cheapest tyres available....Comfort Hard

Transmission
4 Speed Auto..................6 Speed Auto
2.391.............................2.391
1.451.............................1.451
1.001.............................1.001
0.724.............................0.724
....................................0.689
....................................0.552

Dimensions
4907..............................4310
1870..............................1815
1437..............................1325
1550KG/54-46..................1550KG/54-46

So, apart from my real car being a fair bit larger and having a slightly different torque curve, I've managed to make the Nissan very closely specced. With that, my standing start TGTT lap time using abs and an auto transmission was....

...An unremarkeable 1.37.465. When you compare that to lap times from the real Top Gear Test Track it puts it just below an S2000 in "very wet conditions" or just above a dry lap in a Saab 9-5 aero. Which isn't anything to sniff at when "my" car only ever hit 3rd gear :lol:

Then I took the beast to the Nurburgring, where it nailed a 9.36.063 in a lap where I didn't go faster than 180Kp/h (my car is limited in real life) and had it sideways on more than one occasion.


So overall, how does it feel... to me? Well the power and the way the car behaves both feel pretty close to dead on. Understeer when your being silly and easily corrected oversteer when you're a little eager. One thing that annoys me however, is that I'll never know hoe close the real thing comes lap time wise because the nearest track to me that's featured in Gran Turismo is thousands of miles away, and transporting an unremarkeable daily driver by ship just to see how an in game replica compares just seems a little... expensive. Despite that, the way it handles definitely matches the real car and while it may be a little too fast (what with how much work the real car's engine has done and whatnot) I'm extremely happy I did this experiment and look forwad to when I can try it again with any number of other cars that come to mind :)
IMG_0404.JPG
N%25C3%25BCrburgring%2520Nordschleife.jpg


I hope this little spll inspires some more people to try this challenge out.
PS: My car has hubcaps that look like those on the 350 that weren't in place when the photo was taken. That's why I didn't change the wheels to match the real photo :)
 
GOTMAXPOWER
I don't have a car at the moment but I've worked out that walking around it will take me 30 minutes and 53 seconds, longer if I stay off the racing line.

Careful that you don't wear racing soft shoes or the fun police will crucify you. LOL.
 
I'll probably post a time of my car later on. I'll have to de-tune the 1988 Camaro IROC-Z to make it have the same performance as my 1990 Camaro RS (140 hp and 3,300 pounds :scared:).

going to post a time of my 1985 z28 camaro, fittted with a 350 v8 and slightly lowered:). going to replicate it with the 1988 iroc-z concept with comfort hard tires since the tires on it right now are very old and were sitting out in the sun for a few years :ouch: still going to tweak the power and suspension to make it as close as mine

So there's a fellow 3rd gen Camaro owner on here? Nice! :D
 
I'll post an update in a few for my 07 Civic EX and 06 oddyssey.
"wish I could post some times on my 600rr and 1000rr...:guilty:
 
I would have no idea what car in GT5 would be comparable to mine.

'99 Mercury Mystique LS

So it's gotta have a V6, very short 5 speed transmission, decently hard suspension (for a 4-door consumer car), and an FR drivetrain. Oh, and 4-door. I'm thinking the '98 SHO but that supposedly has a V8, which is way too much displacement for any hope of trying to recreate this car. I mean, I know I could power limit the thing, but I'd just feel dirty. Haha.

Any help? I'm thinking really any from 1996-2000 would work. I'm actually going to take a look now, I'll edit if I find something.
 
This thread would be better for me if polyphony had put my car in the game -_-
10935153.jpg

10935533.jpg

10935228.jpg


(These aren't pics of MY car but it's the same colour, model etc)
 
mij2003
This thread would be better for me if polyphony had put my car in the game -_-

(These aren't pics of MY car but it's the same colour, model etc)

I love the FPV.
 
'88 Honda Accord Coupe with sport air filter and CM tires.

1:44.338

I figured it's close enough to a 93 that it didn't really need to be tuned.
 
I did a 1:45.555 in the 1990 Primera 2.0, my real car is 1994 Primera 1.6, so i dropped the hp to 95 and I was pretty much good to go. Real car apparently has 102hp, but I reckon that the flat power curve makes up for the few peak hp loss with the power restrictor. Driven with comfort medium tires.
 
Back