Post Your Setups For Forza 6

• Thread starter FordGTGuy
  • 39 comments
United States
Virginia
FordGT40Guy
FordGTGuy
Seeing as we are so close, I think we should share how we will be playing Forza 6.

I'll start things off:
1PB6F15.jpg

I want to buy that wheel but i hear bad things like it feels to much plastic.

If it's that bad they do have alternative wheels that feel better. The wheel itself is fantastic and probably the best you can buy on Xbox One right now.

I'm not posting pictures since my den is always a mess, but I have a Thrustmaster TX (proper one with FFB) mounted to a solid wood computer desk (more weight and stability than a stand made of tubes) with pedals held in place by a cinder block and a glider as a seat.

I'm not posting pictures since my den is always a mess, but I have a Thrustmaster TX (proper one with FFB) mounted to a solid wood computer desk (more weight and stability than a stand made of tubes) with pedals held in place by a cinder block and a glider as a seat.

I really want to see this cinder block with pedals.. lol.

The second screen is a PC right?

Second screen is my second PC monitor, I switch my primary(larger one) between Xbox One and PC.

There is a table behind my computer desk with my computer/Xbox One/three externals and modem/router.

Last edited:
A few pics from my signature. Built in cooling and dust filtration system. Couch even has a built in couch cooler along with back massagers, lights, and cup holders. Perfect for 3-4 people. I throw quite a few lan parties every year. Family and friends usually bring their own tvs and consoles.

IMG_20140419_164157.jpg

IMG_20140419_163836.jpg

IMG_20140419_225454.jpg

IMG_20140419_164936.jpg

My tv also can split input devices. Here is a pic of the PS3 running GT AND the 360 running F4 at the same time. I used this feature a lot when I was using B spec in GT5.

Last edited:
A few pics from my signature. Built in cooling and dust filtration system. Couch even has a built in couch cooler along with back massagers. Perfect for 3-4 people. I throw quite a few lan parties every year. Family and friends usually bring their own tvs and consoles.

View attachment 435912

View attachment 435914

View attachment 435911

First reaction "oooo pretty", very awesome setup Camaro... I expected more Camaros scattered around your house like little puppies.

First reaction "oooo pretty", very awesome setup Camaro... I expected more Camaros scattered around your house like little puppies.
Thank you. haha nope no little Camaro puppies. I actually have a 67 Fastback Mustang clock hanging to the left now that is not in this old pic. I also just added another pic most might appreciate from back when I was running GT and Forza 4 at the same time. I did that quite often during B spec races. I don't use that twin screen feature much at all anymore now that I sold my PS3.

Last edited:
Here's mine.

7A89F512-AC91-4B85-8431-661D4C357736.jpg

Swap out the Fanatec PC Rim on the CSW V2 for the Fanatec XBone hub with this OMP Rim attached.

4C373FBD-7F07-4981-AE18-E8CA2149BDB8.jpg

I've actually lowered the screen a little since I took that pic so that when I race on PC I get the full effect with the 21:9 monitor and my steering wheel overlays perfectly with the cars cockpit. Really hoping that FM6 has the option to turn off the in game steering wheel and arms.

Does the super wide monitor work with Xbox or is it a fixed aspect ratio? If it does I'd love to see some pics once the new game is out.

Nothing special for me, just a regular large curved TV, Yamaha amp whose model number I've forgotten and some Acoustic Research AR12 monitor speakers.

Last edited:
21:9 looks like a good solution for single screen pc driving games. nice!

It is! I used to run a triple screen set up but got rid off it when I hooked up a big tv to my rig. I wanted to get back to a wider setup with the release of PCars and 21:9 seemed like the perfect solution without the hassle of three monitors, three lots of cables, etc. It's wide enough for the immersion and although it has a higher horizontal resolution than a 3 x 1080p setup, it's 3440x1440, it actually pushes less pixels meaning it's not as graphically intensive. I'd advise any one who is thinking about a triple screen setup to consider a 21:9 monitor.

Does the super wide monitor work with Xbox or is it a fixed aspect ratio? If it does I'd love to see some pics once the new game is out.

Unfortunately the XBone doesn't support 21:9 so I'm just stuck with black borders at the side of the screen. I did try and come up with a solution for having the 21:9 monitor and a big tv attached to my rig so that when I game on console I can use the big tv but my engineering knowledge doesn't stretch that far. If anyone does have a solution I'm all ears!

Edit: In a moment of inspiration I've just thought of a solution to my predicament!

Last edited:
Here's mine

Really hoping that FM6 has the option to turn off the in game steering wheel and arms
Yummy, lovely tv :cool:

totally agree about the steering wheel and arms. It's a feature sorely missed on console driving games except pCARS

I don't recall any others?

Yummy, lovely tv :cool:

totally agree about the steering wheel and arms. It's a feature sorely missed on console driving games except pCARS

I don't recall any others?
Can't think of any either. A lot of people wax lyrical about how great the steering wheel and arm animation looks in a game but for wheel users it's always a case of 'arrghh, let me turn them off!' lol

Here's mine.

Swap out the Fanatec PC Rim on the CSW V2 for the Fanatec XBone hub with this OMP Rim attached.

I've actually lowered the screen a little since I took that pic so that when I race on PC I get the full effect with the 21:9 monitor and my steering wheel overlays perfectly with the cars cockpit. Really hoping that FM6 has the option to turn off the in game steering wheel and arms.

Really envious of those who will be playing FM6 with a wheel. Since it looks like there isn't any sign of the older wheels working with Xbox One, I plan on upgrading to the CSW V2 by next year, hopefully before Horizon 3 likely hits.

So Mr Latte kindly (as always) reminded me that my 21:9 monitor has a built in scaler. So here are some pics from Forza 5 and PCars scaled to 21:9. I don't think they look too bad.

It does look pretty good but at least now you get fullscreen.
Although Id like to see an edit with some bonnet cam :)

To test or determine the stretch effect you could set your PC to 1080p and display some of THESE using your hardware scaler.

At the moment:
20150830_085542.jpg

It's a bit messy, but that's because I've got some new stuff on the way to get the most out of what I've got.

-mic boom(it looks exactly like the arm for that lamp).

-USB hub because I can't connect a mic, webcam, keyboard, mouse, external HDD, and the next item on my list with what my laptop has. It's got a few USB 3.0 slots, some 2.0, and I think a couple 1.0, which will be good for the keyboard and mouse.

-Elgato HD60 game capture device, which means I'll actually be able to record videos on the regular.

-TV wall mount so I can get the TV off my desk and free up a boat load of space and get some better wire management.

-Harmon/Kardon "SoundSticks" OC speaker system that was just about half off on Amazon.

Attachments

• 20150830_085542.jpg
    20150830_085542.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 9
Pictured: MacBook Pro with Retina display running Windows 10, headphones, Xbox controller.
Not pictured: Xbox One, iPhone (used as the camera, running a hotspot connecting both the Mac and Xbox One)
20998756172_47f09f4e09_b.jpg

I'm a college student right now, so I can't do much in the way of steering wheels. Also, my roommate is using his TV 9 times out of 10, and I prefer to have my own display.

Edit: redundancies, redundancies...

Last edited:
Back