Post Your Setups For Forza 6

• Thread starter FordGTGuy
  • 39 comments
Got the mic boom as the last piece of the puzzle, fittingly on the day of the demo.
20150901_211725.jpg

Ignore the lemon pledge.

So with the release of the demo I've been playing a lot of Forza and just wasn't happy with it in 16:9 on my 21:9 monitor and although it looked ok stretched across the 21:9 monitor there was always a thought in my mind that 'it's not quite right.'

So I decided to go back to big screen 16:9 racing on console. Bought a new Sony Bravia 40" 1080p set yesterday and fixed it to my rig.

3220B168-9443-4C34-B179-9B06E28A390F.jpg

However this meant removing my super wide 34" 21:9 monitor that made PCars on PC so fantastic :nervous:

But I'd had a brain wave. I'd always been thinking of a way to come up with a solution for having both a triple monitor setup and a big HD TV attached to my rig but given up after not finding a solution. Then it suddenly dawned on me the other day, with the 21:9 monitor I'm only having to deal with one screen, so if I get a long cantilever bracket for the 21:9 monitor I can move it into place when I want to race on PC, like this.

B4EA4524-E3E5-4035-91D5-80A0CA554D65.jpg

And then when I want to go back to console I just push it out of the way, like this.

68CCBDD6-6AFA-4436-B412-88FB4FD5C30A.jpg

All possible thanks to the changeable wheels on my Fanatec CSW V2. I've been trying to find a solution to having a very widescreen experience on PC whilst not compromising on console with the same rig for 3 or 4 years and can't tell you how happy I am to have found it :cheers:

Just released in Europe/UK
Phillips 40PFT6550/12
40" 3 sided Ambilight

Info

Enjoying this new addition, and while ambilight is not new it has been improving over the years.
I was eager to test how this TV can sync with my additional "Phillips Hue" LED light strips (not in pic).

Rather clever in how it allows the user to determine what region of the screen is used for the additional Hue lighting, increase the brightness/saturation and speed too. Been testing with two LED light-strips at the side of my seat to give additional enhancement of passing scenery.

So far results are rather good but not really well represented here from Youtube videos and quick mobile phone pics.

xLMHuoE.jpg

os4qEt5.jpg

8TdKago.jpg

30bfTXG.jpg

NTnUHHq.jpg

Just released in Europe/UK
Phillips 40PFT6550/12
40" 3 sided Ambilight
I just watched the video for this - you can hook up your HUE lightbulbs too! It wouldn't work out on my current setup, but I love the idea. It makes me wish Illumiroom was actually going to make it to market.

So with the release of the demo I've been playing a lot of Forza and just wasn't happy with it in 16:9 on my 21:9 monitor and although it looked ok stretched across the 21:9 monitor there was always a thought in my mind that 'it's not quite right.'

So I decided to go back to big screen 16:9 racing on console. Bought a new Sony Bravia 40" 1080p set yesterday and fixed it to my rig.

3220B168-9443-4C34-B179-9B06E28A390F.jpg

I think we might actually have the same TV now... lol

I love the ambilights Latte!

I just watched the video for this - you can hook up your HUE lightbulbs too! It wouldn't work out on my current setup, but I love the idea. It makes me wish Illumiroom was actually going to make it to market.

Yeah you sure can....
Do think it is nice to have additional lighting from the TV but would not necessarily want overload of such lights distracting away from the main television image. Nice blend is important just as it is in coffee :)

The effect is rather pleasing, it is not WOW but when you turn it off it is missed. Kinda want to mess around with it more in getting a nice combination for the cockpit build adding to the tactile immersion. I do like how it is possible to change settings to make it work better with different car views used. Did also try various apps which use your phone/camera for light control (Huey) but too much lag with it.

Do believe a Hue bulb above my head in the room acting for central upper screen would be a nice addition to the 2x Hue LED I have at each side of my seat. This would highlight all the overpass objects making you sense them going over your head more. They show up really well on the top side of the TV as it is.

Thanks for comments...

Latest Posts

Back