Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
Ladies & Gentlemen.... Version 1.09 is available and the camber is FIXED!
Praiano, now you know what you must do mate ;)

I've done a lot of laps around new tracks we got, and tested the ts030 around Sarthe and I'm getting 1:26:573 no aids.. Only ABS.. And camber made my time slower 1:27:932.

SORRY TO SAY CAMBER ANGLE IS NOT FIXED!

I've done a lot of laps around new tracks we got, and tested the ts030 around Sarthe and I'm getting 1:26:573 no aids.. Only ABS.. And camber made my time slower 1:27:932.

SORRY TO SAY CAMBER ANGLE IS NOT FIXED!
Ladies & Gentlemen.... Version 1.09 is available and the camber is FIXED!
Praiano, now you know what you must do mate ;)
I´m downloading 1.09 right now . I have to check this later. One thing that can change a lot my tunes is not the camber. If it change we just have to find a medium value where it work fine. My tunes are already ok and balanced over the max grip camber value.
But i´m worry about this <<The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved>> yes !!
I had writen something about since 15th january https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...hysics-discussions.291068/page-7#post-9215827
Some cars like the PAGANI HUAYRA are specially tuned in function of this excess of front grip at mid corner. The BMW Z4 GT3 too.

Anyway, i have to finish the download and check all this first.

I´m downloading 1.09 right now . I have to check this later. One thing that can change a lot my tunes is not the camber. If it change we just have to find a medium value where it work fine. My tunes are already ok and balanced over the max grip camber value.
But i´m worry about this <<The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved>> yes !!
I had writen something about since 15th january https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...hysics-discussions.291068/page-7#post-9215827
Some cars like the PAGANI HUAYRA are specially tuned in function of this excess of front grip at mid corner. The BMW Z4 GT3 too.

Anyway, i have to finish the download and check all this first.
The reactions to the kerbs is definitely a lot smoother to me. There seems to be less of a lift off them and the cars seem to settle down a lot quicker when you come off them. It basically feels like they turned the gravity up rather than did anything with grip if that's not a stupid thing to say.

I'll be very interested in your view on this when you get to try it.

There is a reset to default button!!!
thank you! (rushes home to drive the anniversary Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64)

if I may add, speaking of the VW Vision GT car, when weight transfers to rear and at the same time drive over rumbles at various high speed chicanes, well, as pilots would say "better check your six"

I did a little testing and in my honest opinion I believe that camber is not fixed after the update. But after the tuning master gets to know the new physics then we shall see.

This is my first impression after a quick test, i´ve posted this in the camber theory thread.
I did a little testing and in my honest opinion I believe that camber is not fixed after the update. But after the tuning master gets to know the new physics then we shall see.

After my first test at High speed ring (the best or at least very good place to test camber in my opinion) with subaru impreza SH tires and Lotus F1 RS tires.

-Same lap time and same grip against ghost in medium and high speed turns with camber from 0.0/0.0 to 3.0/3.0

- Above this value there is a progressive lost of grip but nothing big. It´s even possible to make a decent lap with 10.0/10.0 camber settings.

My first impression is that they did more or less the same thing that they did in GT5 with the ride height. They have disconected the camber effect or at least they spread the camber the way it was 1.08 on a much wider range.

After this first quick test my impression is that the max grip is between 0.0 and 2.5 camber value.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

For the rest , good thing, the Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) ’12 seems much more drivable and with a good tune can match with other GT3 cars... Just a first impression.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

If my first test impression is confirmed , i will just say... choose a decorative camber on your car from 0.0 to 3.0

338.jpg

Might I suggest whatever you do Maestro - do it in your own time and take it easy. I for one would not expect you to go changing camber settings for all your cars like the brakes - too much work for not so much difference. I am looking fwd to seeing if the Audi LMS cars are more manageable now also. The new Alfa is an absolute killer in its class, thank you. :)

Might I suggest whatever you do Maestro - do it in your own time and take it easy. I for one would not expect you to go changing camber settings for all your cars like the brakes - too much work for not so much difference. I am looking fwd to seeing if the Audi LMS cars are more manageable now also. The new Alfa is an absolute killer in its class, thank you. :)
Yes, the new Alpha tune is perfect, nice sound and great control.

Mr. praiano63 may I ask you a question about your tunes? Why on some of your tunes do you say tune power first, then suspension?

Mr. praiano63 may I ask you a question about your tunes? Why on some of your tunes do you say tune power first, then suspension?
Mostly on tunes that need parts like engine tuning , turbo , even smaller parts you´ll install on your car will have an influence over the gearbox ratios numbers
That´s why i ask to instal that parts first then to set the gearbox after only. If not , the numbers will not match at all, principally the higher number of last gear and the smaller of first gear. PD preset automatically a range of available ratios depending of the power of the car.

-Same lap time and same grip against ghost in medium and high speed turns with camber from 0.0/0.0 to 3.0/3.0

- Above this value there is a progressive lost of grip but nothing big. It´s even possible to make a decent lap with 10.0/10.0 camber settings.

My first impression is that they did more or less the same thing that they did in GT5 with the ride height. They have disconected the camber effect or at least they spread the camber the way it was 1.08 on a much wider range.

Soooo, too much fuss for nothing!!! In a stroke PD managed to disappoint both the pro-camber fans and those who already had figured a good setup...

I actually don't mind at all, it is going to be the same fun for me with or without the camber effect. But I guess there are going to be a lot of guys who are going to start to rant about the inconsistency of PD, and I am not going to blame them...

So here is the result of my test with camber

What PD say: The effect of the tyre geometry has been changed (mainly for the “Camber Angle” option)

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION:

-After some intensive test with FF FR MR RR cars i can confirm that the best and same grip will be found in the range from 0.0 camber to 3.0 camber angle.

-0.0/3.0 or 3.0/3.0 or 3.0/0.0 will have the same grip after the car stabilized on his driving line during a turn.

-You ´ll not add grip at the front or the rear playing with the camber staying under 3.0 camber value. Above this yes, there is a progressive lost of grip.

-If in a range from 0.0 to 3.0 the grip stay the same after the weight transfered on the tires, a 0.0 camber value allow a faster weight transfer than a 3.0 value.

For example:
On a FF car , a 3.0 front camber and 0.0 rear camber will transfer the weight over the tires faster on the rear of the car during corner entry according to the driving input and only at this moment. After , the overall balance will stay the same with any front or rear camber value between 0.0 and 3.0

On some MR or RR cars showing a tendency to spin at the apex with a sudden take of grip of the front tires, like on the BMW Z4 GT3 , Audi R8 LMS or Pagani Huyara....
Then a 0.0 front 3.0 rear camber will contain this oversteer tendency , because the weight tranfer over the rear tires will be more progressive during corner entry according to the driving input and only at this moment.

Back