Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
They will stay 0.0/0.0 for 95% of them. Just some few cars perhaps like MR will be revisited but i stll don´t know when, there is not so much.
I´m working on the new GTI and it work very well with 0.0/0.0 camber too.
That's what I thought
Thanks

They will stay 0.0/0.0 for 95% of them. Just some few cars perhaps like MR will be revisited but i stll don´t know when, there is not so much.
I´m working on the new GTI and it work very well with 0.0/0.0 camber too.
thanks Praiano, you can create a tuning for the new golf gti for the circuit red bull, to be able to get a time of 1:22?

thanks Praiano, you can create a tuning for the new golf gti for the circuit red bull, to be able to get a time of 1:22?
I don´t tune car on this circuit yet. You need to be ver regular to compare 2 differents settings to know what is the best option. I´m running suzuka, Brands hatch and some others at the moment.
1:22 is not a reference, some drivers are faster and other slower. I think i´ll publish my tune this week end.

:cheers: "allez le bleu" Mr!!!
Don´t tell me this , we´re going to destroy the bleu in a few. I´ve never supported the bleu even when i was a young boy in south of france where we were all rugby fanatics not football.
I only discover football here in Brasil and i´ve always supported the seleção desde então.
So , the bleu back to france soon with no cup:cheers::lol:

Don´t tell me this , we´re going to destroy the bleu in a few. I´ve never supported the bleu even when i was a young boy in south of france where we were all rugby fanatics not football.
I only discover football here in Brasil and i´ve always supported the seleção desde então.
So , the bleu back to france soon with no cup:cheers::lol:

Praiano,
I've been running Suzuka most of the day with my NSX-R LM prototype Road car in the A Spec race series. (600PP and Sport Soft)
I actually tuned it to the default Suspension, LSD, and Ballast (none) settings in 1.09 and went racing. I was quite sceptical, because of the ridiculous rear camber and toe out of 0.60 and the minimal front camber, but the dang car worked wonderfully and I got the best times ever, running consistent 2:01s and 10:34s for the 5 lap race. The grip, turn-in and solid feeling in the car was very evident. My previous best times were 10:38 to 10:45.

I am very positive now that camber is back, just in a different format than in GT-5. I have tuned 3 M/R cars today to the default settings and two of them produced very positive results. The oddball Lancia Stratos did not like the default settings at all. The Lotus 111R was happy and competitive but needed some little tweaking.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also ran the 24Hour Ring in the "24 minutes Race" with the Mazda 787B also tuned to the default settings and ran pretty much normal times in the rain and won easily of course. (Forgot to mark down my times,) The Mazda felt solid and planted throughout and easily passed all the race cars before the carousel. (I did this while talking to a friend.) That makes 3 out of 4 M/R cars tuned to the default that were OK. I was thinking that maybe the default settings for these cars could be used as a template for further tuning on M/R cars???

For your information, I support my favourite tuner.
Cheers, Mustangxr

Praiano,
I've been running Suzuka most of the day with my NSX-R LM prototype Road car in the A Spec race series. (600PP and Sport Soft)
I actually tuned it to the default Suspension, LSD, and Ballast (none) settings in 1.09 and went racing. I was quite sceptical, because of the ridiculous rear camber and toe out of 0.60 and the minimal front camber, but the dang car worked wonderfully and I got the best times ever, running consistent 2:01s and 10:34s for the 5 lap race. The grip, turn-in and solid feeling in the car was very evident. My previous best times were 10:38 to 10:45.

I am very positive now that camber is back, just in a different format than in GT-5. I have tuned 3 M/R cars today to the default settings and two of them produced very positive results. The oddball Lancia Stratos did not like the default settings at all. The Lotus 111R was happy and competitive but needed some little tweaking.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also ran the 24Hour Ring in the "24 minutes Race" with the Mazda 787B also tuned to the default settings and ran pretty much normal times in the rain and won easily of course. (Forgot to mark down my times,) The Mazda felt solid and planted throughout and easily passed all the race cars before the carousel. (I did this while talking to a friend.) That makes 3 out of 4 M/R cars tuned to the default that were OK. I was thinking that maybe the default settings for these cars could be used as a template for further tuning on M/R cars???

For your information, I support my favourite tuner.
Cheers, Mustangxr
You´re right the NSX LM Road car is a very good car even stock. Most of the cars with stock settings are very well balanced in GT6. What bring 1.09 is just that the camber they put on a stock car don´t make this car slower than with 0.0 camber. That´s all.
In my opinion and like i´ve explained in a precedent post, camber after 1.09 and inside a 3.0 limit , just have an influence over weight transfer , not amount of grip.
This car react well with +0.60 rear TOE but it´s still possible to make it faster with camber 0.0 and low TOE values. The springs and dampers are a bit too soft to allow agressive and faster driving line.

You´re right the NSX LM Road car is a very good car even stock. Most of the cars with stock settings are very well balanced in GT6. What bring 1.09 is just that the camber they put on a stock car don´t make this car slower than with 0.0 camber. That´s all.
In my opinion and like i´ve explained in a precedent post, camber after 1.09 and inside a 3.0 limit , just have an influence over weight transfer , not amount of grip.
This car react well with +0.60 rear TOE but it´s still possible to make it faster with camber 0.0 and low TOE values. The springs and dampers are a bit too soft to allow agressive and faster driving line.

after the alfa 155 the nsx lm road car would have been my next car that i really love and i wanted you to ask to make a tune for it, the nsx lm racecar is also one of my favourites...

grts!

Steef

Last edited:
AUDI R8 LMS ULTRA (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) `12 // 600PP // RACING TIRES

audi_r8_lms_ultra_12_01.jpg

audi r8 lms ultra pheonix 2012.jpg

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

So the way I understand the update changes based on what has been written:
  1. 0/0 camber is still overall best and should be used as a default starting value when tuning a car.
  2. Adding front camber with 0 rear will increase oversteer at corner entry. This is good for improving the handling of FF cars , resulting in faster lap times.
  3. Adding rear camber with 0 front can be used to control cars that spin at apex's = more controllable car but slightly slower lap times.
  4. The ride height glitch still remains.
Am I correct with all of the above?

1. 0/0 camber is still overall best and should be used as a default starting value when tuning a car.
  2. Adding front camber with 0 rear will increase oversteer at corner entry. This is good for improving the handling of FF cars , resulting in faster lap times.
  3. Adding rear camber with 0 front can be used to control cars that spin at apex's = more controllable car but slightly slower lap times.
This is what i´ve seen driving my cars against my olders same car ghost and you resume it with clears and simples words.
For me camber now only have an influence during weight transfer in corner entry. Over a value of 2.5 or 3.0 , there is a light progressive lost of grip. I need to check more cars like my TOYOTA MR2 G-LIMITED '97

EDIT: For FF cars you must have also the solution of high camber value, to reduce rear grip. I havn´t tested it yet.

0 camber is not faster or better anymore. Good starting point for sure, but I am picking up at least a second at every circuit with every one of my cars that I retune using camber. People are not used to carrying speed into and through turns/being able to take lines off of the groove now after this update. That's why they are no quicker with camber and other people are far quicker. The times of unrealistic and unnatural cornering feedback is fading with 1.09 coming out. There was a lot of focus on throttle and brake with less on steering up until now. It was point and shoot before. Not the case now. It is not like driving on a flat plane anymore and skill suddenly feels rewarding.

0 camber is not faster or better anymore. Good starting point for sure, but I am picking up at least a second at every circuit with every one of my cars that I retune using camber. People are not used to carrying speed into and through turns/being able to take lines off of the groove now after this update. That's why they are no quicker with camber and other people are far quicker. The times of unrealistic and unnatural cornering feedback is fading with 1.09 coming out. There was a lot of focus on throttle and brake with less on steering up until now. It was point and shoot before. Not the case now. It is not like driving on a flat plane anymore and skill suddenly feels rewarding.

But there is a limit to how high you should go with the camber? Like Praino said, if you go above say 3.0 the extra corner grip isn't worth the straight line speed sacrifice and it starts making your lap times worse?

Would you mind posting you tunes?
One with and one at 0 0.
PM me as to not take up P,s forum
I am more inclined to think it has more to do with tire flex/lateral grip
than camber.

But there is a limit to how high you should go with the camber? Like Praino said, if you go above say 3.0 the extra corner grip isn't worth the straight line speed sacrifice and it starts making your lap times worse?
As I said, I was replying to someone speaking of straight line speed being affected via drag, not the ability to get moving. Praino is correct on camber angles affect grip around turns. Some tires require more or less, because they are all modelled differently now, but I do not disagree with him. Was not speaking on the matter of lateral grip and don't want to clutter prainos thread. PM me if you would like to speak further about. Lot of hard work on Prainos part and this shouldn't be debated on his thread. It was my mistake for mentioning these things.

Last edited:
I was in the middle of writing a different reply to this but...

PM me as to not take up P,s forum
I am more inclined to think it has more to do with tire flex/lateral grip
than camber.
Well said:tup:

And that is an interesting idea. Would you mind sharing your thoughts on this with me too by PM?

Lot of hard work on Prainos part and this shouldn't be debated on his thread. It was my mistake for mentioning these things.
Respect:tup:

There is no problems, anybody can express himself in my garage but i´ve never said that 0.0/0.0 camber is the best option. I just say that in my opinion there is no difference of grip between 0.0 till +- 2.5 or 3.0 camber value.
What i´ve felt till now in my test is that 0.0 camber at the front or rear of the car, let it more responsive and with it there is a shorter time from the driving / braking input and the moment the car lay on his grip during corner entry.
I just don´t see why i would want a slower answer on any side. Perhaps on a car with a perfect balance between front and rear and if this car pass over his grip turning the tires red to quickly.
In this case and only in this case , i would try to slow the weight transfer letting the car less responsive to the driving inputs. Perhaps like this i could explore better and more easily the potential of this special car.
Laurent,

Do you have the 15th Anniversary version of this? Later this week I'll test this setup at 600pp (82.9% power, 514hp and 458 ft-lbs) versus 625pp (100% power, 621hp and 461 ft-lbs).
Yes i have it, i´ll test the tune on it soon.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Latest Posts

Back