Praiano's GT Sport Garage

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 762 comments
Sorry i do not remember the exact process . It's an all around tune. There is no specific gearbox for it.
It seems i did a classic transmition flip in this case.
Final gear max
Top speed mini
Set each gear
Then final gear again

I’ll try that. Thanks.

Zonda R special TT tune on the way too. 14th position for the moment but still no known aliens on the board. This one is tricky with a maxxed car on racing hard. I already have something good but on Monza you need stability on kerbs for the single chicane. Not easy to combine with grip and speed.
View attachment 846960
Hey P. Can you check the natural frequency (springs) because I cannot get down to the 2.0 on the front.
Thank you

Hey P. Can you check the natural frequency (springs) because I cannot get down to the 2.0 on the front.
Thank you
This was a mistake on the first tune sheet , i've corrected for the second tune update , here it is.

Zonda R TT Monza.jpg

Hey Mr. Praiano, thank you for sharing all of your tunes. On the opening thread of this page you mention that the car is affected properly when making tune changes. I notice that many of your tunes contain less front negative camber than rear negative camber. An example would be -1 negative in the front and -3 negative rear. Dont you feel those numbers are actually backwards of what they should be? IE: the front of the car should be-3 degrees and the rear should be -1 degree??
Also from my limited experience in GT tuning some things seem a little off, the more compliant the suspension is the more traction that end of the car should have. It almost seems that we have to play with tuning numbers to stumble upon good handling rather than use real world tuning knowledge.

Hey Mr. Praiano, thank you for sharing all of your tunes. On the opening thread of this page you mention that the car is affected properly when making tune changes. I notice that many of your tunes contain less front negative camber than rear negative camber. An example would be -1 negative in the front and -3 negative rear. Dont you feel those numbers are actually backwards of what they should be? IE: the front of the car should be-3 degrees and the rear should be -1 degree??
Also from my limited experience in GT tuning some things seem a little off, the more compliant the suspension is the more traction that end of the car should have. It almost seems that we have to play with tuning numbers to stumble upon good handling rather than use real world tuning knowledge.
In my opinion , this time everything is working in the good way. On another side , you can't apply real life settings logic because you always have some parameters that will work better than others and with more response for the behavior you want to have on a car.
I think that the rear camber is perfect to contain the inertia of the rear end , mainly on MR , some FR and RR cars. There is others settings available for this but i think they are not so responsive like ARB and suspension extension...
I use also a lot of rack on my cars to increase this rear end balance because this is something that is working well in GTS in my opinion. The result is a good eagerness of the front end with a great precision of the front.
The counterpart of this high rack setting is that the grip can pass easily over the tires and induce a sudden oversteer. The best way to prevent this oversteer is the rear camber. The amount of grip in GTS is the same between -1 and -3.5 camber value. So you can use it to control the rear end without messing with the grip.

Although, in principle, you're right. Sadly, Polyphony Digital do not apply real world physics to the cars, tyres and tracks as they interact with each other like Kunis did with Assetto Corsa. So you have to make do with the somewhat limited physics that are in the game.

Although, in principle, you're right. Sadly, Polyphony Digital do not apply real world physics to the cars, tyres and tracks as they interact with each other like Kunis did with Assetto Corsa. So you have to make do with the somewhat limited physics that are in the game.
Physics in AC is as fancy as GTS , i've tuned several cars in this game to on PS4 at least.
In my opinion , there is a constant evolution in GTS , the game's physics are a lot better than at the launch of the game. The last time i've played AC , a few weeks ago , it was exactly the same driving feeling as always , not bad but not as fun as GTS.
Driving a car in real life is fun and easy from what i remember. I hope game's physics in general will never forget this. Reals fun physics.

Physics in AC is as fancy as GTS , i've tuned several cars in this game to on PS4 at least.
In my opinion , there is a constant evolution in GTS , the game's physics are a lot better than at the launch of the game. The last time i've played AC , a few weeks ago , it was exactly the same driving feeling as always , not bad but not as fun as GTS.
Driving a car in real life is fun and easy from what i remember. I hope game's physics in general will never forget this. Reals fun physics.

That's because GTS has an arcade feel to the physics compared to AC as AC is more of a simulator.

Thank you. It didnt seem that real world tuning principles work in GTS as they should. It's still the same guessing game as in older titles in the series where you may find a car handles the best with the front ride height as high as it will go with the rear at the minimum.

So i prefer a fun arcade than a boring simulation .

In precedent gt , not in gtsport.
Each of us has our own ways of enjoying racing games. For me, I'm just a bit nerdy and enjoy I the technical (almost) accurate physics of Assetto Corsa, but setting up a car on a particular circuit for my style of driving can take several hours. But when I'm not in the mood for serious racing, but just want to have some fun I like to play Gran Turismo as it only takes around 30-45 minutes to setup the car, or if I'm using your setups, only around 15-20 minutes :cheers:

Thank you. It didnt seem that real world tuning principles work in GTS as they should. It's still the same guessing game as in older titles in the series where you may find a car handles the best with the front ride height as high as it will go with the rear at the minimum.
I'm hoping that Polyphony Digital, since their announced collaboration with Michelin, that future physics will become more realistic. More so, since the backlash that Polyphony Digital received over dumbing down of the tuning options in GT Sport because a minority of players found it to confusing in previous Gran Turismo games.

For a while now I have tried your Ferrari 330 P4 '67 tune from your garage, and I think the tire physics model had destroyed how the car feels, or is it because of the weight and increase power of the car also ?.
Early last year I had a tune and the Ferrari 330 P4 '67 handled very good, until a update about mid year in 2018 changed how the car feels.

For a while now I have tried your Ferrari 330 P4 '67 tune from your garage, and I think the tire physics model had destroyed how the car feels, or is it because of the weight and increase power of the car also ?.
Early last year I had a tune and the Ferrari 330 P4 '67 handled very good, until a update about mid year in 2018 changed how the car feels.
I don't drive it since a long time, i will check it.

Back