Praiano's GT Sport Garage

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 762 comments
I think you just need to do the standard Praiano flip procedure before applying the settings shown on screen.
- Final gear to max (5.000 or whatever it is)
- Max Speed to min (200 kph or whatever it is for this car)
- Then match the gears and readjust final gear down to the setting shown in the vid.

I like the fact that Praiano has abbreviated the process shown in the vids by essentially showing screenshots. Its always pretty painful to try to follow the settings when the tuner is adjusting the settings in real time on the vid.

While applying a tune to a car, I view it on my iPad. Its annoying because youtube puts a grey vignette over the screen when paused. I usually just take screenshots of the relevant parts and go to view them in my photo gallery to apply the tune. In truth, I much prefer applying a tune that's set out in plain text (like jeje6410 and other tuners do) but I do love Praiano tunes and I understand that he needs to get a return on his time investment which is why it makes more sense to have them included as part of the video on Youtube.

Last edited:
I think you just need to do the standard Praiano flip procedure before applying the settings shown on screen.
- Then match the gears and readjust final gear down to the setting shown in the vid.

I like the fact that Praiano has abbreviated the process shown in the vids by essentially showing screenshots. Its always pretty painful to try to follow the settings when the tuner is adjusting the settings in real time on the vid.

While applying a tune to a car, I view it on my iPad. Its annoying because youtube puts a grey vignette over the screen when paused. I usually just take screenshots of the relevant parts and go to view them in my photo gallery to apply the tune. In truth, I much prefer applying a tune that's set out in plain text (like jeje6410 and other tuners do) but I do love Praiano tunes and I understand that he needs to get a return on his time investment which is why it makes more sense to have them included as part of the video on Youtube.
thanks will apply it

Hello , thanks for the help on how to set the gears.
I understand the problem you have on the videos when you pause it, i think i will show screenshot again but with around 30 sc for each , at least the 2 more importants.
I don't make any money on my youtube channel , it's just easier for me to do like this, i was spending o much time on my excel before ....
Anyway, i will check some way.
Thanks again.

I understand the problem you have on the videos when you pause it, i think i will show screenshot again but with around 30 sc for each , at least the 2 more importants.
I don't make any money on my youtube channel , it's just easier for me to do like this, i was spending o much time on my excel before ....
Thanks again.

Cool, I understand! I do some work with UX (User Experience) so happy to advise on what makes it easier for people to enjoy your excellent work!

Considering the "transmission flip" is only something that will be known to people familiar with your tunes, I think you should make a separate little short youtube video on the flip. Then in all your other videos where you don't want to go through the process of showing the flip every time (like the F50 vid for example), you just have an on-screen hyperlink for the viewer to see how to do the flip. This way you increase the appeal of your videos to newcomers and to grow your subscriber base, as well as being suitable for people who already know your channel and understand the flip.

Edit: @praiano63 I will also correct something I said earlier. When pausing a Youtube video on iPad, a grey vignette does cover the screen but after playing around with it I notice that if you touch the screen (not on the play button in the middle) the vignette disappears and it still stays paused and you can see the screen ok. Therefore I think if you just let the screenshot sit for 5 seconds on screen, its enough to give the user time to pause it.

The parts of the videos where you slide the gears is the most painstaking part of the tune to watch and apply. If there was any way of streamlining the way the gear settings are communicated, it would benefit the user. A screenshot of the final setting would be ideal. I think in some instances, you have to adjust the final gear a few times during the setup and then sometimes go back and adjust gears trhat have previously been set. These are always the most painful tunes to replicate but I understand that there's probably no way to communicate it better than to simply run the full video of you making the tweaks.

Last edited:
@praiano63 Can I ask you a question? In real life, I always thought that the lower the car's suspension, the better it handles around corners. In my days of playing with old cars, that was always the goal. Make it as low as possible, without the car scraping on kerbs and getting damaged on speed bumps.

Can you explain why you often have the rear RIDE HEIGHT close to its maximum level in your GTS tunes?

What would be the effect of reducing it to be lower, or even to its minimum level?

Obviously, one is not concerned about damaging a virtual car! I'm sure there is a good reason for it, I just would like to understand.

@praiano63 Can I ask you a question? In real life, I always thought that the lower the car's suspension, the better it handles around corners. In my days of playing with old cars, that was always the goal. Make it as low as possible, without the car scraping on kerbs and getting damaged on speed bumps.

Can you explain why you often have the rear RIDE HEIGHT close to its maximum level in your GTS tunes?

What would be the effect of reducing it to be lower, or even to its minimum level?

Obviously, one is not concerned about damaging a virtual car! I'm sure there is a good reason for it, I just would like to understand.
Hello. Firstable I normally low the car as possible , on some cars this configuration increase the top speed also and let the car more stable.
In GT Sport , settings like i've already said , are working the right way. This is a positive thing.
However , there is something that is not working at all , this is the ride height limit according with the strenght of the springs.
On 90% of the cars , you can use the lowest spring and the lower ride height , even like this you will never bottoming out. It seems that the limit stay a few centimeters under the tarmac ...:lol:

Check my last Yamagiwa tune for the GR3 Atenza, The RH is minimum and springs Minimum too. The car is still good and well balanced with the rest of the settings parameters but this configuration help a lot to fly over the kerbs of the 2 chicanes staying safe even if you drive very agressively.

Of course there are some exceptions. Like the McLaren P1 , low ride height upset the rear end in medium and high speed turns, perhaps due to very high downforce combined with extreme high speed , all this on stoo soft springs.

That's it, for the real life part , i can't say a lot about because i don't have any real experience with race or track day cars. I'm more a kind of waterman , this is where i've spent most of my life . For the rest , i'm all fake . :lol::lol:👍

Thanks for the reply, @praiano63 . I'm still a bit confused though. You reference the GR3 Atenza Yamigawa tune; but in that tune the rear ride height is at MAXIMUM. Thatis exactly the thing I'm asking about. Surely the car would handle better if the rear ride height was at the MINIMUM level? Your comments about cars almost never bottoming out (in GTS land) regardless of how low the ride height is set, would seem to support the contention that low ride height has no real cons and plenty of pros.

To put the question another simpler way. Take the Atenza tune above. If I reduced rear ride height to minimum, what negative effect(s) would it have on the way the car behaves?

Thanks for the reply, @praiano63 . I'm still a bit confused though. You reference the GR3 Atenza Yamigawa tune; but in that tune the rear ride height is at MAXIMUM. Thatis exactly the thing I'm asking about. Surely the car would handle better if the rear ride height was at the MINIMUM level? Your comments about cars almost never bottoming out (in GTS land) regardless of how low the ride height is set, would seem to support the contention that low ride height has no real cons and plenty of pros.

To put the question another simpler way. Take the Atenza tune above. If I reduced rear ride height to minimum, what negative effect(s) would it have on the way the car behaves?
Reducing the rear ride height on this car will add also some understeer. You can see also that the rear downforce is at the minimum too.
On this special track of Yamagiwa , the 2 high speed left turns have a big influence on the total laptime.
This extreme setting is the best i've found to carry more speed in those 2 mains corners. Normally a car setted like this , max front rear ride height rack and Max front downforce mini rear downforce , would have to show horrible behaviors, like an extremely light free rear end , to hold a safe line in the 2 fast chicanes of the track and sudden changes of direction.
But this is not the case and there is still margin for more eagerness.
I think PD must increase the narrow setting window in this game. The upper and lower limit of each parameter and the fact that some cars are not setted when stock more or less in the middle of this window , don't allow you sometime to let a given car the way you would like.
Have a good day.

Reducing the rear ride height on this car will add also some understeer. You can see also that the rear downforce is at the minimum too.
On this special track of Yamagiwa , the 2 high speed left turns have a big influence on the total laptime.
This extreme setting is the best i've found to carry more speed in those 2 mains corners. Normally a car setted like this , max front rear ride height rack and Max front downforce mini rear downforce , would have to show horrible behaviors, like an extremely light free rear end , to hold a safe line in the 2 fast chicanes of the track and sudden changes of direction.
But this is not the case and there is still margin for more eagerness.
I think PD must increase the narrow setting window in this game. The upper and lower limit of each parameter and the fact that some cars are not setted when stock more or less in the middle of this window , don't allow you sometime to let a given car the way you would like.
Have a good day.

Thanks mate. I think I understand. I'll also experiment around a bit and learn for myself what changing the ride height does. I like you Atenza tune. Took it for a spin earlier. I also tried lowering the rear heigh to minimum. It seemed alright to me, but I'm not a consistent enough driver to be able to say whether it hurt my lap times.

Thanks mate. I think I understand. I'll also experiment around a bit and learn for myself what changing the ride height does. I like you Atenza tune. Took it for a spin earlier. I also tried lowering the rear heigh to minimum. It seemed alright to me, but I'm not a consistent enough driver to be able to say whether it hurt my lap times.
You're welcome. On Yamagiwa don't need to be very consistent to check the difference , the first left fast turn is the perfect place to check it with the help of the ghost. Higher Rack add a clear eagerness to the car that stick to apex this way... Good luck.

Thanks again.

Hi Praiano,
thank you very much for the setups and the work shared with us.

For the gears setting up, I have the same problem...I cannot match the values as per your videos, neither the Gear Ratio and the Top Speed.

I tried the procedure described (many times and different cars):
- Final Gear to max (5000)
- Top Speed (auto) to min
- Adjust the gears to match yours.
- Re-adjust the final gear and top speed to match yours

But I always get very different values, especially the low gears.

I am lost...

Hi Praiano,
thank you very much for the setups and the work shared with us.

For the gears setting up, I have the same problem...I cannot match the values as per your videos, neither the Gear Ratio and the Top Speed.

I tried the procedure described (many times and different cars):
- Final Gear to max (5000)
- Top Speed (auto) to min
- Adjust the gears to match yours.
- Re-adjust the final gear and top speed to match yours

But I always get very different values, especially the low gears.

I am lost...
Hello , this will not work for the old tunes only . Early version from last year till i don't know exactly when show numbers no more reachables.
This is not really important , even the top speed setting that set automatically the gears ratios is very good. What you can do is adapting some specific gears to a special part of the circuit.
Good luck.

even the top speed setting that set automatically the gears ratios is very good. What you can do is adapting some specific gears to a special part of the circuit.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? It will really help a lot of your old tunes stay alive! :cheers:

Do you mean that one should select customisable gearbox and slide top speed all the way to the right? Like this?

max speed set.JPG

Can you clarify what you mean by this? It will really help a lot of your old tunes stay alive! :cheers:

Do you mean that one should select customisable gearbox and slide top speed all the way to the right? Like this?

View attachment 787203
Not at all . I mean that you can slide the top speed buttin only to adapt the gearbox for a given car to a given circuit. The performance of the auto set is as good as a custom one in GT Sport.
Then if necessary , you can fine tune some intermediary gears .
It's already explained in details in the post 2 of the garage. Custom gearbox settings
Good luck.

I did watch the video but still find it a little confusing to understand what you mean here about the automatic settings being good. For example, if I find a car where the ratios don't match your tune because of the update, is the process below a good one to follow?

1. Select customised gearbox
2. Do transmission flip
3. Set the Max Speed (autoset) to suit track (for example lets say 330 Kph is the fastest that this car will reach on a longest straight of the track, then I would set the Max Speed (autoset) to 330? Is that what you mean?
4. Then adjust individual gears according to test drives (as shown in your video in post #2)

Last edited:
I did watch the video but still find it a little confusing to understand what you mean here about the automatic settings being good. For example, if I find a car where the ratios don't match your tune because of the update, is the process below a good one to follow?

2. Do transmission flip
3. Set the Max Speed (autoset) to suit track (for example lets say 330 Kph is the fastest that this car will reach on a longest straight of the track, then I would set the Max Speed (autoset) to 330? Is that what you mean?
4. Then adjust individual gears according to test drives (as shown in your video in post #2)
Not exactly , if you do the transmition flip first (final gear max , top speed mini , set each individual gear , then final gear again) AT THIS MOMENT , YOU CAN'T TOUCH ANYMORE THE TOP SPEED SLIDER . If you do so , you will undo every individual gears ratio settings you did first.
Close gearbox settings that you can get with transmition flip is not increasing the acceleration like it was in GT5 or 6. So you can do the way you've writen , but without transmission flip.

2. Set the Max Speed (autoset) to suit track (for example lets say 330 Kph is the fastest that this car will reach on a longest straight of the track, then I would set the Max Speed (autoset) to 330? Is that what you mean?
3. Then adjust individual gears according to test drives (as shown in your video in post #2)

Not exactly , if you do the transmition flip first (final gear max , top speed mini , set each individual gear , then final gear again) AT THIS MOMENT , YOU CAN'T TOUCH ANYMORE THE TOP SPEED SLIDER . If you do so , you will undo every individual gears ratio settings you did first.
Close gearbox settings that you can get with transmition flip is not increasing the acceleration like it was in GT5 or 6. So you can do the way you've writen , but without transmission flip.

2. Set the Max Speed (autoset) to suit track (for example lets say 330 Kph is the fastest that this car will reach on a longest straight of the track, then I would set the Max Speed (autoset) to 330? Is that what you mean?
3. Then adjust individual gears according to test drives (as shown in your video in post #2)

Ok cool. I understand better now. Thank you, Praiano! I'm sure this will help other people too - and also make your old tunes have a longer life!

One more question (I hope!). Normally, to adjust for the track, I adjust the "final gear". if I follow the process above, then I use the top speed slider to set the highest speed on a given track. Does this mean that for this type of tune, I would not use the "final gear" slider? Do you know what I mean? it is a bit confusing to have two different sliders to adjust for the top speed of the car on the straight and I'm not sure which one to use, or maybe I should be using a combination of both?

Ok cool. I understand better now. Thank you, Praiano! I'm sure this will help other people too - and also make your old tunes have a longer life!

One more question (I hope!). Normally, to adjust for the track, I adjust the "final gear". if I follow the process above, then I use the top speed slider to set the highest speed on a given track. Does this mean that for this type of tune, I would not use the "final gear" slider? Do you know what I mean? it is a bit confusing to have two different sliders to adjust for the top speed of the car on the straight and I'm not sure which one to use, or maybe I should be using a combination of both?
Using the final gear ratio to adapt a gearbox to another track , to increase or to low the top speed for example , is only valid if you build a close ratio gearbox first and you want to stay with this close ratio configuration.
This is the only way to move all the ratio together without messing with the settings you've done first.
Top speed slider will always reset yours individual gears setting to stock configuration.

Can you do a tune for the RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing) 2017 (Gr.3) for both the Nurburgring Nordschleife and Fuji Speedway? Racing Hards is fine and stock BoP is fine.

Thanks much in advance!

Back