Praiano's GT Sport Garage

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 762 comments
Hello.

Can you do a tune for Nissan GT-R Gr.4 for Suzuka?
Max power is 77% (330hp) and tires RS.

Or there is already tune, then can you point me to that post!

Thank you in advance.

Hi Praiano Happy new year to you.
I see you've not tuned the high roller car Jaguar XJ13 '66 could you do a tune for this car please & Jaguar F-type Gr.4 Please. :gtpflag:

Hello. Sorry i didn't saw those post
Can you do a tune for the RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing) 2017 (Gr.3) for both the Nurburgring Nordschleife and Fuji Speedway? Racing Hards is fine and stock BoP is fine.

Thanks much in advance!
I have a tune for the nordschleife for the '16 to publish. I will put the '17 on the list

Hello.

Can you do a tune for Nissan GT-R Gr.4 for Suzuka?
Max power is 77% (330hp) and tires RS.

Or there is already tune, then can you point me to that post!

Thank you in advance.
It seems very low power for all this grip........

Hej Praiano, may i have a tune request for Renault Megane Gr. 4.
I think i have a suzuka tune not published. I'll check.

Hi Praiano Happy new year to you.
I see you've not tuned the high roller car Jaguar XJ13 '66 could you do a tune for this car please & Jaguar F-type Gr.4 Please. :gtpflag:

Happy new year , Sorry but i don't have this car yet, i will not buy it and it appear 4 times on the roulette but not enough luck for the moment....:lol::lol:

High rack rear ride height low top speed 6 kmh but still more performant overall laptime due to increased front grip and eagerness . LSD accel is low due to very peaky engine powercurve. Increase LSD accel with softer compound . Stock gearbox is very good and well staged for the track , up to you to do a custom one,

Enjoy your drive. ><(((((°>°°°°°°

Praiano, have you spend any time with the Subaru 22B, right off the shelf the handling is amazing, just wondering if you've done any fine tuning. Really great car, excellent for sliding around the Ring.

Ooooooh! I know a series that is gonna be happy with that setup!
This was a special request with those specs , i think you must speak about the same series.

Praiano, have you spend any time with the Subaru 22B, right off the shelf the handling is amazing, just wondering if you've done any fine tuning. Really great car, excellent for sliding around the Ring.
Yes , i already have something made but the stock version is so good that i didn't published it yet. I've just tuned it to make me smile and it work , great car any track. I'll publish it soon.

Nice tune! Enjoyed that on Dragon Tail!
I love it , even on sport soft it's still ok.

In this special case the gearbox must be done this way :

IN THIS EXACT ORDER:

1- FINAL GEAR TO THE MINIMUM (CURSOR FULL LEFT)

2- TOP SPEED MINIMUM (CURSOR FULL LEFT)

3- SET EACH GEAR RATIO TO THE NUMBER SOWED ON THE VIDEO

4-SET FINAL GEAR RATIO AGAIN TO THE NUMBER SOWED ON THE VIDEO

DONE.

If you don't understand french , just watch and hear, the car speaks by itself.

Last edited:
2 in 1
One fun setting for Tsukuba with lot of yaw full rotation and another All around with more line for any medium & fast track

Thanks Praiano! Looking forward to trying these this afternoon! btw. I think you need to explain for the benefit of your viewers what "Trans flip, short gear ratio" means. Its not the usual "Final gear to max, Top speed to min" flip. I had to mess around for a while to figure out that it means "Final gear to min, top speed to min". Its not obvious. First time I've come across the flip being done that direction. Is it used often? Might be worth an addition to your guide posts that explain your tunes at the start of the thread.

Thanks Praiano! Looking forward to trying these this afternoon! btw. I think you need to explain for the benefit of your viewers what "Trans flip, short gear ratio" means. Its not the usual "Final gear to max, Top speed to min" flip. I had to mess around for a while to figure out that it means "Final gear to min, top speed to min". Its not obvious. First time I've come across the flip being done that direction. Is it used often? Might be worth an addition to your guide posts that explain your tunes at the start of the thread.
This has been explaineed around 100 time in GTP , a simple search can resolve this. I also show most of the time in my videos how i build some of my gearboxes .
Here is the way to do .

TRANSMISSION FLIP , IN THIS EXACT ORDER:

1- FINAL GEAR TO THE MAX (CURSOR FULL RIGHT)

DONE.

I don't know if you're confused or if I'm confused. I'm aware of the normal flip procedure as set out above. Attached is a photo showing the numbers if I follow the standard flip procedure (Final to max, Top speed to min) for your 22B Tksuba tune. It doesn't work. The numbers are nowhere near yours. The first gear range is 1.8-2.5. Nowhere near your number of 4.151.

The only way I could get it to show your numbers was to do the flip differently; in the first step I moved Final gear to minimum (not Max as per the normal flip procedure you've shown above). Only when I did that, did my 1st gear number go up to 4.151 to match yours.

flip.JPG

I don't know if you're confused or if I'm confused. I'm aware of the normal flip procedure as set out above. Attached is a photo showing the numbers if I follow the standard flip procedure (Final to max, Top speed to min) for your 22B Tksuba tune. It doesn't work. The numbers are nowhere near yours. The first gear range is 1.8-2.5. Nowhere near your number of 4.151.

The only way I could get it to show your numbers was to do the flip differently; in the first step I moved Final gear to minimum (not Max as per the normal flip procedure you've shown above). Only when I did that, did my 1st gear number go up to 4.151 to match yours.

View attachment 792674
You're right , in this special case , you have to do the first step a diferent way lowering the final gear to the minimum value. Then you will be able to reach the range of speed increasing this same final gear at the end.
So in this case ,

1- FINAL GEAR TO THE MINIMUM (CURSOR FULL LEFT)

Glad we're on same page now! Would be interested to know if you've ever used that type of flip in any other tune and what the gearbox building rationale is for doing it on this occasion.

Great new tunes btw. The 22B all round tune is a joy on Nordschleife!

Glad we're on same page now! Would be interested to know if you've ever used that type of flip in any other tune and what the gearbox building rationale is for doing it on this occasion.

Great new tunes btw. The 22B all round tune is a joy on Nordschleife!
To tell the true , transmission flip is not so benefic in GTS as it was in GT5 or 6 . A peaky engine with high RPM power band or well spreaded torquy engine showed by the graphic , are not so different at the use ,at least a lot less different as it was in the precedents games.
Like i've said before , the principal interest of tuning a gearbox now is to adaptspecifics gears to specifics sectors of the track.

The first final gear setting in the transmition flip process could be removed without problem. His only function is , after the individuals gears setted , to bring the top speed in last gear to the wanted speed.

You can see yourself as an example :
Take the 22B
Set the final gear to his max value

Then set the top speed slider to his mini value

The range of mini and max speed you will obtain is :
Minimum 1st gear 66kmh andmax 5th gear 258 kmh

Set the final gear to his max value

Then set the top speed slider to his minimum value again

The range of mini and max speed you will obtain still remain :
Minimum 1st gear 66kmh andmax 5th gear 258 kmh

The only purpose of setting the final gear first up or down is to have access to a lower or upper range (this one not even necessary) of speed that the gearbox is offering. It's a very rare case , except as you can see for the 22B on Tsukuba , you reach a very low top speed at the end of the short straight.

haha cool! Unfortunately I've had a crazy busy day and my wife arrives home soon so I won't get to do any driving tonight. Need to make her dinner. Will take the Dino for a test drive tomorrow. Thanks @praiano!

Back