PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,898 comments
I bought the F1 Gtr and think it has promise. Original suspension settings give it great rotation. Engine not as economical as the Merc meaning it needs to be run with less powerful mapping but even so has good power. My best was a mid 1.35 so very close to the Merc. Interested to see what it can do with some Prainos magic, whenever that maybe.

Ok. I usually install, set top speed, the final gear then every ratio starting from the last gear to the first. @GrBmonster

I’ve had it for months now, I’m gonna test it out since @praiano63 said he may not get it this time around. I’m sure there are already some nice tunes for it though.
Blasphemy.....I only the run My Mans Tunes...lol
Ok. I usually install, set top speed, the final gear then every ratio starting from the last gear to the first. @GrBmonster

I’ve had it for months now, I’m gonna test it out since @praiano63 said he may not get it this time around. I’m sure there are already some nice tunes for it though.

Next update tomorrow.
FVaX-EbWQAAPGel.jpg

It's okay to support other tuner's lol. Try Exeter GT, his tunes are solid. Post in thread 'Exeter GT Tuning' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/exeter-gt-tuning.405119/post-13731240
That’s a weird take considering that we’re in @praiano63 ’s thread, just posting the other tune works, thanks.
Blasphemy.....I only the run My Mans Tunes...lol
That’s funny because I think it’s from @praiano63 as done on other tunes. Still “blasphemy”? lol. Edit: one example is the Sauber C9 ‘89.
Yeah sorry, I think this was more about sagzz's joke but I couldn't figure out the multi quote thingy on my phone. I should have just posted the link I guess.
Thanks, I’m welcome to anyone’s tunes, I just wasn’t aware of Exeter’s. I’ll try it as soon as I can.

Last edited:
That’s a weird take considering that we’re in @praiano63 ’s thread, just posting the other tune works, thanks.
That’s funny because I think it’s from @praiano63 as done on other tunes. Still “blasphemy”? lol. Edit: one example is the Sauber C9 ‘89.
Yeah sorry, I think this was more about sagzz's joke but I couldn't figure out the multi quote thingy on my phone. I should have just posted the link I guess.

So I'm not one of the top tuners in the world, but I hit the jackpot today. I had a perfectly dry track at Le Mans and got a 30:05 in 7 laps with 2 stops in my Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car. I think it works out to 4:10 laps if the pit stops (fuel only) are around 30 seconds. I have never gone faster at 700pp anyway (I'm not counting the Alpine VGT car which is like cheating.)

I am happy I got the 86 handling well, even on tighter tracks, but I am surprised what a beast this car turned out to be. I think I found a glitch in the pp system matrix, because the car really should have about 50hp less after tuning than it does.

I was a little tipsy last night and don't remember what I meant to say, but I had a lot of fun with your 86 tune Myk.

Last edited:
So I'm not one of the top tuners in the world, but I hit the jackpot today. I had a perfectly dry track at Le Mans and got a 30:05 in 7 laps with 2 stops in my Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car. I think it works out to 4:10 laps if the pit stops (fuel only) are around 30 seconds. I have never gone faster at 700pp anyway (I'm not counting the Alpine VGT car which is like cheating.)

I am happy I got the 86 handling well, even on tighter tracks, but I am surprised what a beast this car turned out to be. I think I found a glitch in the pp system matrix, because the car really should have about 50hp less after tuning than it does.
GrB cars are all like that. I dominate the 700pp Lemans 30 min race in my Subaru GrB. I can also get an easy win with my Focus GrB. The key is the brakes are really strong, so slowly apply them and don’t press them all the way down unless you have to. Normally, half braking power is plenty.

Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89 - 450PP - Comfort Soft Tires - All around
Perfect 80's toy well balanced. Anywhere a real pleasure to drive.

NO Wide body
Rims size 14" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A - Side B - Rear B - Wing B

View attachment 1139065View attachment 1139066

1- set auto speed at the minimum 150kmh
2-set the final gear to approximate the top speed you need in last gear for given track or 2,695 for HSR in this picture.
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.
View attachment 1139067View attachment 1139068

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
That wing looks like Type A not B @praiano63, does it matter?

I bought the F1 Gtr and think it has promise. Original suspension settings give it great rotation. Engine not as economical as the Merc meaning it needs to be run with less powerful mapping but even so has good power. My best was a mid 1.35 so very close to the Merc. Interested to see what it can do with some Prainos magic, whenever that maybe.
I BOUGHT THAT TOO (10M)

I’m sharing this because @praiano63 stated that he didn’t have plans to tune the Lamborghini Veneno. I purchased it last night and I accidentally found a Tokyo Rain WTC 600 winner. I’m horrible at this race, but the Veneno makes it way easier to win. It’s basically undrivable maxed out in power IMO, but 600 in the rain is going to be a real money maker for me now.

158 is the magic number for ride height with PP. I couldn’t find any tunes for it, so it’s an adapted Praiano Huracan 600 pp tune with no ballast added and increased ride height for more power added. I know it could be a lot better, maybe one day he will re-visit it. I think a lot of the improvement is in the diff settings. The gear ratios are a work in progress, you don’t use 7th much, it barely touches it when it goes over 200 mph on the long straight away.

Edit: brake balance is an accident. It should be zero.
00912439-2FDF-4B49-8959-A7BC7B8F045A.jpeg
0B29C703-12C2-43E9-8A6F-9B2F678FE166.jpeg
0D348B2C-91FD-418C-92FE-6169EC74E1EF.jpeg

Last edited:
H
Hi Badfish!!! I just tried Lambo with your setup in Tokyo and... 825,000 💰for me. It's very easy to win this race with this car. Thank you!!! 😉😊
If Praiano gives this car a chance, it would still be easier to earn that money 🤪🙃
Nice! Not really my set up, I modified Praiano’s tune for the huracan and adapted it to stay within PP limits. I didn’t really notice any difference in handling at all with the ride height raised so might as well add power. It’s nice to be able to do 200 mph in the long straight away and keep up with the AI leaders. Hah.

I suck at Tokyo because I never bothered to learn how to race it. Before penalties for hitting the wall and damage, your best strategy was wide up and bounce of the walls. It was faster than slowing down for the corners.

I suck at Tokyo because I never bothered to learn how to race it. Before penalties for hitting the wall and damage, your best strategy was wide up and bounce of the walls. It was faster than slowing down for the corners.
With this setup it was easy not to hit the walls and making only one pit stop on lap 6 it is easy to win for more than 30 seconds to the honda nsx 17. Then, to collect money to pay the mclaren f1 gtr 97 😂😂😂

I’m sharing this because @praiano63 stated that he didn’t have plans to tune the Lamborghini Veneno. I purchased it last night and I accidentally found a Tokyo Rain WTC 600 winner. I’m horrible at this race, but the Veneno makes it way easier to win. It’s basically undrivable maxed out in power IMO, but 600 in the rain is going to be a real money maker for me now.

158 is the magic number for ride height with PP. I couldn’t find any tunes for it, so it’s an adapted Praiano Huracan 600 pp tune with no ballast added and increased ride height for more power added. I know it could be a lot better, maybe one day he will re-visit it. I think a lot of the improvement is in the diff settings. The gear ratios are a work in progress, you don’t use 7th much, it barely touches it when it goes over 200 mph on the long straight away.

Edit: brake balance is an accident. It should be zero.
View attachment 1161869View attachment 1161870View attachment 1161871

Which fuel map?

Audi R8 LMS EVO '19- 730PP - All tracks

New tune update 17/06/2022
I had an early tune for this car using ballast , but it was only drivable and not very performant. The original settings is very risky , it's dangerous in slow turns or changing of direction..... a real nightmare.
I would not pretend that my new car is perfect and balanced.You'll lose a lot of power trying to let it balanced and perfect. It's not. Till PD don't fix this PP parameters. But it's very fast , top speed and with a good acceleration , with some grip and a good rear stability ...
It's now one of my top 5 cars for Suzuka and SPA. My prefered reference tracks.

View attachment 1161886View attachment 1161887

Gearbox for Maggiore , SPA , Suzuka....
Top speed 280 kmh
Final gear at 3.462 for other track needing different top speed increase or decrease speed with help of final gear.
Set each gear.

View attachment 1161888View attachment 1161889

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
OK, down-tuned it to 700, one NA and one TB, and here are the results. The NA version was definitely quicker for me with slightly better fuel usage (the trans was not set properly either).

B947E75B-5ECC-411D-AAEC-468CAFD8E3F1.jpeg259FAD79-1DA6-49D8-B271-51F66079BC54.jpeg

NA

9DB08344-3D97-4103-9ABF-ABE1C2A4DCF7.jpegDB7A267F-D175-4C1F-9342-0B66E345ACE9.jpeg

TB

Good times, keep ‘em comin’!

Latest Posts

Back