PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,899 comments
My car also can do this if only you raise the ride height at maximum both end. It's "drivable" for sure , but horrible talking about the weird braking distance , no fun at all in my opinion.
With top speed and a minimum stability to be able to take the turns , purpose of my setting , you need to low the car , if no speed , and rear downforce to stabilize the car on the banked turns.
I'll have to try that and compare. Outside of the braking as you mention, although I only really notice that when slowing down from very high speeds, I find the Silvia with the RX7 tune to not just be driveable, but actually rather easy to handle. Especially on RS tires, but even on RH it honestly feels tame.

Lancia Delta HF Int. Evo '91 - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - All Around

Wide body car.

Rims size 15" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A - Side Standard - Rear A - Wing A

Top 3 600PP car all around. 7:20 on the Nordschleife 2:15 on Suzuka in my hands.
First i did a fun tendency car , but finally i did a classic fast all around setting. The other one was too extreme for some circuits. If you want , you can build your fun extreme Lancia with this base , just low 10 points front ride height and raise 10 points rear. Also Low 0.20 points front frequency.

View attachment 1147859View attachment 1147860

To build the racing fully custom gearbox do like this.
1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 200 kmh
2d: set every individual gears from 6th to 1st at the ratios writen on the sheet
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 2.535
For any other faster or slower track , set the final gear the way you want. You'll need after to add or take out some power with the help ECU limiter. Messing with the gearbox change your PP . For Nordschleife for example you need a top speed at 304 kmh

View attachment 1147861View attachment 1147863

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Tested the swap on this car , the old 600PP setting can support the 700PP. I'll not do a new tune. I'll come back with 600PP where the car drive nicely in my opinion . Even more that the swap almost kill the car for 600PP , turn difficult to detune the car at 600PP.

I'm pretty new to tuning. I got a 2:18 at suzuka in the engine swapped dc2 at 600pp. For context I got almost the same time in praiano's shelby cobra tune. I got 2:17.003 with the delorean and that's my #1. I'm glad this car isn't too bad though.

Attachments

• 20220702_202017.jpg
    20220702_202017.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 20220702_202014.jpg
    20220702_202014.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 138
Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA) '89 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks -SWAP - 1.35

Engine SWAP 13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)
Added a ultra high RPM Turbo and new balance , still rear diffuser on , very fast car , under 4 min on Le Mans FM 4.
New neutral balance , good grip , weak brakes for a under 2000 lbs car.

Wide car
Rims up to you
Width wide
Offfset Wide
Front B - Side B - Rear B - Wing Custom

m1.jpeg
m2.jpeg
m3.jpeg
m4.jpeg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Mazda RX7 Spirit R '02 - Maxed 818PP - Racing Soft Tires - Nordschleife Engine SWAP

Engine SWAP R26B-787B (Mazda 787B)
Just to play around the Nordschleife , it was a $$ request for a time attack on "Granturismo Discord"

Wide Car
Rims (Up to you) Width Wide Offset Wide

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
I REALLY wish we could gift other players cars in this game as I've got three copies of a car I can't quite figure out. Been trying to get the Mazda RX500 setup in the 550-625PP range and it's reminding me a lot of the Miura, though not quite as bad. I can get it close but never quite nailed-down.
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - Sardinia / All tracks

Wide Car
Engine Swap : R26B-787B (Mazda 787B)
1 stop for gas and tires

The car is tamed but you have a lot of power on a road car. Check your braking points , normally at 200m when coming at full speed , a few before for the turn 1. 220m let say.
Take care with criminal AI during 2 first laps and race final when pass the lates cars. They have a very different pace .

View attachment 1165302View attachment 1165303

1- set auto speed at the minimum 280kmh
2-set the final gear to 4.125 for Sardinia
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1165304View attachment 1165305

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
The Carbon Ceramic brakes make this car feel almost like a GT3 car, only with way more top speed, lol. Great work as always

Nissan R92CP '92 - 900PP - Racing Hard Tires - SPA

It was difficult for me to take out some 1 second and a half laptime with this car. Finally i've find the sweet spot for it. Take care with the very hig RPM in 1st gear. Wait to be inline to accelerate or short shift in 2d gear just before the full power come.

n1.jpg
n2.jpg

1- set auto speed at the minimum 370kmh
2-set the final gear to 3.435
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.

n3.jpg
n4.jpg
n5.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

R92CP is pretty easy to run around 25:00 at Sardegna with the stock setup, at least for my driving style. Really the only Group C era car that NEEDED a tune was the 787B imo. Not saying they can't get slightly better with tunes, but they're already quite quick "stock-ish"
I would love if you could test this car in the upper post , Nissan R92CP '92 and tell me honestly if you can find any major different between the stock and this "stock-ish" car at same PP. And both laptimes please.
Thank you.

I would love if you could test this car in the upper post , Nissan R92CP '92 and tell me honestly if you can find any major different between the stock and this "stock-ish" car at same PP. And both laptimes please.
Thank you.

Not quite what you're looking for I guess, but fully restricted ecu, restrictor and added good amount of ballast to get it to 800pp for sardegnas. Was lapping just over a second quicker with yours compared to stock tune with ecu 70, restrictor around 80... no ballast.

Yours definitely grips better when putting power down after tight turns, and the stock is pretty good at that already...

Although stock could improves if I optimised gear ratios for straight I guess.

Had to refuel with yours on lap 9 v lap11 stock. Although could have got another lap out of yours as was 1.0 lap left when I entered pit row. Fm1. Tyre wear minimal, probably slightly better with yours chief.

Last edited:
Next i did 2 vipers
Dodge Viper SRT-10 2006
Dodge Viper GTS 2013

GTS 13 is half broken. Weird reactions , not performant at all... For 700PP or 600PP... a tragedy.

SRT 10 is a wonderfull 600PP. really good car , same performant as BMW M3 '06 . It will be interesting to race together.

I'll publish it tomorrow , 600PP Sport medium.

Afetr this i don't know. I have the BRZ GR3 to finish , need to test the Aston DBR9 GT1 Race Car 2010.

Also need to drive some cars with BOP to chose a car for manufacturer.
@INAT already tested Viper GTS ‘13 .
B80
Not quite what you're looking for I guess, but fully restricted ecu, restrictor and added good amount of ballast to get it to 800pp for sardegnas. Was lapping just over a second quicker with yours compared to stock tune with ecu 70, restrictor around 80... no ballast.

Yours definitely grips better when putting power down after tight turns, and the stock is pretty good at that already...

Although stock could improves if I optimised gear ratios for straight I guess.

Had to refuel with yours on lap 9 v lap11 stock. Although could have got another lap out of yours as was 1.0 lap left when I entered pit row. Fm1. Tyre wear minimal, probably slightly better with yours chief.

The Nissan R92CP is not a Sardinia setting , SPA need totally differents behaviors and it's a 900PP .

@INAT already tested Viper GTS ‘13 .

The Nissan R92CP is not a Sardinia setting , SPA need totally differents behaviors and it's a 900PP .
Yeah. I completed 1 hour spa after, again restricted to 800, but worked perfectly...

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - Sardinia / All tracks

Wide Car
Engine Swap : R26B-787B (Mazda 787B)
1 stop for gas and tires

The car is tamed but you have a lot of power on a road car. Check your braking points , normally at 200m when coming at full speed , a few before for the turn 1. 220m let say.
Take care with criminal AI during 2 first laps and race final when pass the lates cars. They have a very different pace .

View attachment 1165302View attachment 1165303

1- set auto speed at the minimum 280kmh
2-set the final gear to 4.125 for Sardinia
Done.

View attachment 1165304View attachment 1165305

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
This tune is pretty spectacular. I made very small adjustments to ride height and lsd, but I am within 1 second of my average time in my actual 787 on Sardegna. Granted rx-7 on fm1 to push hard vs 787 on fm6 Sunday drive. But winning Sardegna in it is fun. Tires don’t last long😂, 3 laps on fm1, can get 5 on fm6 but it is getting loose by then.

Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 - 600PP - Sport Hard / Medium Tires - Tokyo / All track

Wide body car.
Rims size 15" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A - Side A - Rear B - Wing A
Engine Swap : BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2)

For 600PP , i use the same 550PP tune basically with very few modifications. High RPM Turbo , Racing muffler.
This is a pilot car , i never be bored driving this car , specially on Tokyo rain. It lap 2:10 best 2:09 , top speed 304 kmh . If you nail everything , the total time be very good , together with the 600PP field there. It's a challenge and a real pleasure.
You can also use the car with medium tires , top car in this configuration anywhere.
The R8 engine is doing marvels , fantastic to ear in cockpit view , smooth and controlable torque , just perfect.

View attachment 1166132View attachment 1166133

1- set auto speed at the minimum 200kmh
2-set the final gear to 3.186
Done.

View attachment 1166134View attachment 1166135View attachment 1166136View attachment 1166137

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Anyone got any idea when this car might appear in UCD again? Keen to try this tune but don't want to put a new engine in my only MR2.

Hey Praiano, do you have a 800pp tune for the Mazda 787B that could be great on Sardina, for example? I want to race the car in another category than Gr.1 and I think it has potential, especially with the fuel economy it has. Thank you so much

Cheers mate

You could just use his 900PP tune that is already linked on the first page, raise the ride to 80/90 and lower the power to achieve 800PP. It goes like a champ.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - 600PP - Sport Hard tires - Tokyo Rain SWAP 787
Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - All tracks -Swap : Coyote-5.0L
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - Le Mans / All tracks SWAP 787
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - Sardinia / All tracks SWAP 787
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 - 600PP - Sport Hard / Medium Tires - Tokyo / All track SWAP
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78 - 600PP - Sport Medium tires - Tokyo Rain / All track SWAP LS9-Corvette
Dodge Challenger R/T '70 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - Le Mans / All track SWAP

I use this one for swap BMW M3 '03 tune
BMW M3 '03 - 600PP - Sport Medium tires - All Around setting

To do soon
LS7 BRZ (Subaru BRZ Drift) - Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88
VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17) - Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91 (!!), Nissan 180SX Type X '96, Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX

Not for the moment 3UZ-FE-SC430 (Lexus SC430 GT500) - Toyota Crown Athlete G, Toyota Tundra TRD Pro '19 , LT1-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray) - Mazda Roadster (ND) S '15

For the rest , i'll not do:
i'll not do FF cars K20C1-Civic-'20 (Honda Civic Type R '20) - Honda Civic (EK) Type R '98, Honda Integra (DC2) Type R '98, Mini Cooper S '65
No Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89
No Volkswagen Sambabus '62

You're talking about R8 LMS Audi Sport Team WRT 2015 ? No. Only Audi R8 LMS EVO '19- 730PP - All tracks
"I use this one for swap BMW M3 '03 tune
BMW M3 '03 - 600PP - Sport Medium tires - All Around setting

I was going to look into this one. It still is runt as 600pp after the upgrade?

Toyota Crown Athlete G '13 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - Le Mans - SWAP - 1.39

Engine SWAP 3UZ-FE-SC430 (Lexus SC430 GT500)
Just a medium performance 700PP , consumption turn it very good for Le Mans...

Wide car
Rims up to you
Width wide
Offfset Wide
Front A - Side A - Rear A - Wing Custom

to1.jpeg
to2.jpeg

For gears : Final gear max / top speed auto mini / set each gear / final gear again to mini 2.000
to3.jpeg
to4.jpeg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Attachments

• c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 188
  • c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 123
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 204
  • c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 134
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Hi @praiano63 , do you find it makes any difference to change the size of the wheels? Some of the old 80s cars have small wheels like 16 inch and it gives the option to go sometimes up to 19 or 20 inches. Wondering if it’s only for the look or makes a difference to the driving. Thanks

Jaguar XJR-9 '88 - 800PP - Racing Hard Tires - Sardinia

The car under steer wanting to eat grass like a pig last corner, but it's very fast over all. 1:31.8 best 1:32 mid regular

View attachment 1167318View attachment 1167319

1- set auto speed at the minimum 250kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.555

View attachment 1167320View attachment 1167321

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I hope you do it for the Nissan r92cp too? It’s in the legendary dealership right now…

Back