PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,890 comments
B80
military being any chance? big base used to be there... **** football (soccer) team/stadium too.. :D
Nope, I was flying for Qantas Airlines at that time on a posting to London. I got homesick for B.C. tho' and got a similar job in Canada. We rented a Mini and explored the west country with that, looking for stone circles ..... fun.

As per my response to live25, I'm not your average use case. I'm getting a Tgt2 tomorrow so will wait until then. Looking forward to the fuel mapping and weather changes as it will give me an excuse to use the wheels standout feature 🤔😁
I didn't see the Tgt2 response, but I'd love to have a go on a wheel but I'm partially disabled with the use of 1 arm but with partial use of that hand, basically left with a monkey grip that allows me to use the triggers. I've always wondered wether I could use the wheel 1 handed as long as the 1 paddle could switch the gears up and down on the same side.
Enjoy the race🤜🏻🤛🏻.

Primera prueba realizada en Le Mans con el BMW M2 competición 700pp.

Usé el tuning BMW M4 de Praiano.
Funciona perfectamente a pesar de las condiciones climatológicas complicadas.
¡Estoy seguro de que el maestro todavía podrá MAGNIFICARLO! Pasé los cambios rápidamente y pude completar 3 vueltas en FM6.
Hizo un 4.05:xxx en la primera vuelta.

cuerpo ancho
Ancho de llanta personalizado Ancho Desplazamiento ancho
Frente B
Lado B
Culata trasera
alas personalizadasView attachment 1211265View attachment 1211269View attachment 1211270View attachment 1211271
An insurmountable melody by a Master

I didn't see the Tgt2 response, but I'd love to have a go on a wheel but I'm partially disabled with the use of 1 arm but with partial use of that hand, basically left with a monkey grip that allows me to use the triggers. I've always wondered wether I could use the wheel 1 handed as long as the 1 paddle could switch the gears up and down on the same side.
Enjoy the race🤜🏻🤛🏻.
I've sent you a DM

@praiano63 Can you explain how to interpret the stability and rotational g numbers please?
When camber or any other suspension setting were influencing PP values , rotational g force numbers were used to show the optimal setting , increasing grip , front or rear end you were setting. +rotational g = more grip.
After 1.23 they mute this kind of suspension settings because it was very buggy , changing a lot the numbers in a single clic.
Some are still responsives , like ride height or TOE , some others like camber , ARB ... don't or very few.
Ballast is still on and mess with rotational g force and PP.

Maserati Merek SS '80 - 600 PP - Sport Medium tires - All Track - 1.31

-Wide body

Rims up to you
Width Wide
Offset Wide

-Custom parts
-Front A
-Wing Custom

Gearbox setted on Tokyo , top speed around 300kmh. The car work very well any track .

m1.jpg
m2.jpg
m3.jpg
m4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Enjoy the race🤜🏻🤛🏻.
Hi there, I had a stroke that has left me with limited use of my left hand so can't change down gears with the paddle but have configured the X & square for downshift with right hand so yes you probably could manage 😁

Nissan Silvia Ks Aero S14 '96 - 600 PP - Sport Medium tires - All Track - 1.25

-Wide body

Rims up to you
Width Wide
Offset Wide

-Custom parts
-Front B
-Side A
-Rear Standard
-Wing Custom

Extremely fast on Nordschleife , good car on Tokyo also , good compromise grip x Top speed.
IMPORTANT: SHIFT AT 700RPM

n1.jpg
n2.jpg
n3.jpg
n4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Maestro,
Hope you are feeling better now. I have been driving your latest tuned cars and having fun.

I ran into a situation driving the M2 on the Nordschleife that I thought I would mention. I had just passed the leaders, a little past the carrousel but I over cooked it and ran out onto the grass. I had a real problem with the wet grass and wet track, every time I would drive back onto the pavement, the car would spin out with almost no throttle. After ALL the cars had gone by, I still could not achieve any traction on the pavement. So I floored the gas pedal and spun the tires on purpose and the LSD finally kicked in, and off I went. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I thought I would mention it. Seems like only one wheel had any traction during this event, so I did a lot of donuts!

Thank you for all the wonderful tunes and the hard work put into the tuning sheets.
Cheers, Pete

Yes , very poor at 700PP but brillant at 800PP only.
Actually, Enzo at 700PP is probably my best car for Sarthe, I will share the tune later today, I think I used your settings to some extent and just adjusted the power and ballast. Very easy to drive, loads of power and speed and ok-ish fuel economy.

Actually, Enzo at 700PP is probably my best car for Sarthe, I will share the tune later today, I think I used your settings to some extent and just adjusted the power and ballast. Very easy to drive, loads of power and speed and ok-ish fuel economy.
Can’t wait to try this out. I’m a big fan of your tunes.

The problem with my 800PP tune is that the car have all engine tuning options. Then you have to use the full potential of the limiter and ECU to reach 700PP. It nerf the engine a lot.
Because of this i say the car is not performance at 700PP. With FM1 the top speed is poor . You can't reach any of the others top 700PP on Nordschleife for example.
On Le Mans , you can use FM4. This is what is saving the car for this special event. So there , it's a performant car. But i don't race this event , rarely.
f1.jpg
f2.jpg
f3.jpg

The problem with my 800PP tune is that the car have all engine tuning options. Then you have to use the full potential of the limiter and ECU to reach 700PP. It nerf the engine a lot.
Because of this i say the car is not performance at 700PP. With FM1 the top speed is poor . You can't reach any of the others top 700PP on Nordschleife for example.
On Le Mans , you can use FM4. This is what is saving the car for this special event. So there , it's a performant car. But i don't race this event , rarely.
View attachment 1212062View attachment 1212063View attachment 1212064
Its always interesting to me to see the different ways people up/de-tune their cars. 2 very different methodologies here with very similar (on-paper) results.

739A0D86-ED35-4B72-AFE3-3DDB020F028D.jpeg
CB0F2280-5BDE-46A1-A751-A1E212561031.jpeg

I’d be interested in this tune as well. Thank you!

Ferrari 512 BB '76 - 700 PP - Racing Hard tires - All Track - 1.26

-Wide body

Rims up to you
Offset Wide

-Custom parts
-Front B
-Side B
-Wing Custom

Lap under 4 minutes on Le Mans , very fast anywhere , the car can handle 600PP with same setting using Sport medium or else.

ff1.jpg
ff2.jpg
ff3.jpg
ff4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Can’t wait to try this out. I’m a big fan of your tunes.
Here it is, I'm sure that the suspension probably could be tuned more, but for me this just works excellent, it can lap at 3:54-3:55 no problem at all.

No wide body, just a custom wing.

IMG_9007.JPG
IMG_9009.JPG
IMG_9008.JPG

Last edited:
Well you can probably go with the wide body and slightly adjust the power restrictor or something, but I don't know if with the WR2 you can add enough ballast.

Well you can probably go with the wide body and slightly adjust the power restrictor or something, but I don't know if with the WR2 you can add enough ballast.
It’s 3M credits for a new body! I need another one to test Exeter’s tune as well. I’ll probably wait on an invite and buy 2 more.

View attachment 1212062View attachment 1212063View attachment 1212064
I have 2 so problem solved. 😉 One set at 700pp with minimal upgrades and one using your 800pp tune with everything done. Excellent car and tune.

Nissan Silvia Ks Aero S14 '96 - 600 PP - Sport Medium tires - All Track - 1.25

-Wide body

Rims up to you
Width Wide
Offset Wide

-Custom parts
-Front B
-Side A
-Rear Standard
-Wing Custom

Extremely fast on Nordschleife , good car on Tokyo also , good compromise grip x Top speed.
IMPORTANT: SHIFT AT 700RPM

View attachment 1211855View attachment 1211856View attachment 1211857View attachment 1211858

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Maestro,
I think you mean shift at 7000 RPM since the car idles faster than 700 RPM
Cheers, Pete

Back