PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,921 comments
Is this still decent without the carbon propeller shaft?

Edit: Oh man I tried it without it and got my ass kicked even on easy. I think the fastest lap time I managed was like 2:15. Idk how much of that is me hitting the walls occasionally (no penalties though) and how much of that is the car.
I love this car and crush with it. But I have a few different tunings for it. I did a similar one to what Geauxgreddy showed for a different car in the video "How to WIN the Neo Classic Challenge WITHOUT a Legend Dealership Vehicle"

Took Praiano's tune for the Honda Beat above that he recommended for the AFK credit grind. Works great but I also made a sheet and added any of the removable parts to get it closer to 400pp. Then I tried the 2 Lighweight Cup events that I still had not completed with first place. Not only did I crush the competition, but it was the first time I had fun in a Kei Cup Race! Both races were a blast. Previously I hated the Kei Cup races.

Nothing wrong , perhaps you're using a wrong part like the rear diffuser instead of the Standard part ?

Yes , i've tested the car already but it's too much power for this chassis , it's fast , very fast but not fun at all. No brake , no rear diffuser available to help , not enough downforce for this 1850HP beast.....
When I downloaded my skin it added a rear spoiler. All fixed. Looking forward to kicking some butt.

Update, did a couple 600pp races. It’s full of sticky, sweet speed baby!! Only car I bought twice, did your R92c tunes as well, glad I did. Thanks for you tunes, I’d be in rough shape without them

Last edited:
Porsche 962 C '88 - 800PP - Racing Medium Tires - Sardegna - 1.41
This one was already done in my garage. The Nissan is a bit faster but with Soft compounds , harder to wear 5 laps.
1:29 / 30 with a clean track , 2 stops under 24 minutes race easy. You can use TC1 for more comfortable cruise.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231218182029.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231218182037.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231218182049.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231218182100.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231218181604.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

@praiano63 I have another suggestion for the maestro...think you van do anything with the Honda sports vgt? There's not much settings to work with but then that's why you're the maestro! 😁

@praiano63 I have another suggestion for the maestro...think you van do anything with the Honda sports vgt? There's not much settings to work with but then that's why you're the maestro! 😁
No miracle for this car , bugged broken car , i've tried several time but the best i've got was a medium not fun car to drive , just like the toyota 3000gt . It'll take some more dust in my garage till PD perhaps check all those broken cars. Or propose "CHASSIS SWAP" option.

Last edited:
Tunings tested in the past 24 hours that were amazing:

Porsche Cayman GT4 '16 - 800PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - SWAP - 1.38
Nissan R33 GT-R V-Spec '97 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - All around - SWAP - 1.36
McLaren F1 '94 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All track - 1.41
De Tomaso Mangusta '69 - 600 PP - Sport Medium Tires - All Track - 1.32 *

* I used this for the Dior Mangusta and it worked! Only had to make small tweaks.

These were much more challenging:
Aston DB3S '53 - 460PP - Comfort Soft Tires - Alsace Mission - 1.41
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C3) '69 - 693PP - Racing Medium Tires - Le Mans- 1.34

Ford Mustang Boss 429 '69 - 600 PP - Sport Soft Tires - Tokyo - 1.41
Dominant car due to a PP glitch. This car lap 2:00 high best lap for me and regular 2:02 low.

Wide body ON
Wide offset
Rims Wide 18"
Front part B
Rear diffuser A
Wing Custom

For the gears , you have to perform the tranny trick:
Final gear to max value full right
Top speed (Auto) minimum full left
Set each gear ratio
Set final gear the way you want to reach the desired top speed.

Gran Turismo® 7_20231218235936.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231219000005.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231219000013.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231219000022.jpg

Enjoy your drive.
<(((((°>°°°°°

Ford Mustang Boss 429 '69 - 600 PP - Sport Soft Tires - Tokyo - 1.41
Dominant car due to a PP glitch. This car lap 2:00 high best lap for me and regular 2:02 low.

Wide body ON
Wide offset
Rims Wide 18"
Front part B
Rear diffuser A
Wing Custom

For the gears , you have to perform the tranny trick:
Final gear to max value full right
Top speed (Auto) minimum full left
Set each gear ratio
Set final gear the way you want to reach the desired top speed.

View attachment 1312932View attachment 1312933View attachment 1312934View attachment 1312935

Enjoy your drive.
<(((((°>°°°°°

I know you dit this car a while a go, it was a beast of a car, so fast and grippy. I am gonna try this one later today or tomorrow!

Hi praiano, I've been following your garage since GT Sport and using it for all my cars. I'm working on tuning every car in GT7 (currently have 120 left + the engine swaps). As usual, your tunes are all amazing. Even putting the highest parts and going above the rated PP limit, your tunes still work well (usually just need to adjust gearing).

There are a few questions I want to ask:

1. Why do you never tune FF cars (except the Autobianchi)? Do you not like how they drive? Are they hard to tune?

2. Do you know that installing rollcage in GT Auto increases the car rigidity and affects handling (you can see the PP change when you install). Have you ever considered this when tuning cars that can fit a rollcage? Sometimes the Increase Rigidity upgrade is not enough for really old or problematic cars with lots of chassis flex.

3. Have you ever tried installing Active LSD in cars that can have them and are they better/worse than Full Custom LSD?

4. Also same with 4 Wheel Steering, have you tried them? Though not a lot of cars can have this (AMG GTS, AMG GTR, AMG Black, AMG Safety, 991 GT3 RS and Porsche 918).

5. Dirt/snow tunes. Maybe just tune one Gr.B car and I can copy it for others.

OK, that's all my questions :) Thanks for considering and answering them, I know you're a very busy man. Seriously how you can keep cranking out so many tunes and even go back updating old tunes with every physics update just boggles my mind. Keep up the good work 👍

Do you by chance have a 600 pp dirt tune as it is a AWd car and is need for the world touring car 600 and its now a really good special edition offered starter car in the game

Toyota Yaris RZ '20 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - SWAP - 1.34

Engine swap: 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97)

Wide body.

Rims size up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A - Side A - Wing B

View attachment 1267192View attachment 1267193View attachment 1267194View attachment 1267195

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Do you by chance have a 600 pp dirt tune as it is a AWd car and is need for the world touring car 600 and its now a really good special edition offered starter car in the game

Subaru WRX STI Is of Man Time Attack '16 - 700PP - Racing Medium Tires - All Track - 1.41
Excelent car for Nordschleife , very good grip.
DON'T FORGET TO USE DRS OPTION. during any straight short sections of the track. It improve a lot the top speed and acceleration.
Last gear seems too long but remember the max power is at 7500RPM. It fit for the last straight. For lower gears , shift at 8000RPM.

Gran Turismo® 7_20231219181811.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231219181819.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231219181828.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231219181836.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Hi praiano, I've been following your garage since GT Sport and using it for all my cars. I'm working on tuning every car in GT7 (currently have 120 left + the engine swaps). As usual, your tunes are all amazing. Even putting the highest parts and going above the rated PP limit, your tunes still work well (usually just need to adjust gearing).

There are a few questions I want to ask:

1. Why do you never tune FF cars (except the Autobianchi)? Do you not like how they drive? Are they hard to tune?

2. Do you know that installing rollcage in GT Auto increases the car rigidity and affects handling (you can see the PP change when you install). Have you ever considered this when tuning cars that can fit a rollcage? Sometimes the Increase Rigidity upgrade is not enough for really old or problematic cars with lots of chassis flex.

3. Have you ever tried installing Active LSD in cars that can have them and are they better/worse than Full Custom LSD?

4. Also same with 4 Wheel Steering, have you tried them? Though not a lot of cars can have this (AMG GTS, AMG GTR, AMG Black, AMG Safety, 991 GT3 RS and Porsche 918).

OK, that's all my questions :) Thanks for considering and answering them, I know you're a very busy man. Seriously how you can keep cranking out so many tunes and even go back updating old tunes with every physics update just boggles my mind. Keep up the good work 👍
1- I don't like the way FF cars in the game , mostly the powerfull ones , they are showing a lot of wheel spin and understeer for most. Autobianchi and Austin mini because i owned both when i was young in the early 80's
2- I normally don't use rollcage on my cars because i love to drive cockpit view when the car have an open clean view. The rollcage limit this view. Like the Body rigidity , roll cage can improve very very few some behavior but also can restrict some move , mainly on lazy front end cars.
3- Rarely i can let a stock LSD on my car when it's efficient and also give a lower PP at the end. If not or if the PP gain is not important , i prefer to use a custom one and set the car the way i like.
4-Same as N°3 question , depend of the PP gain. Those cars have very good LSD indeed.
5- i don't do dirt settings.
Sorry i don't do dirt settings because i don't know how to do and i never do dirts races in GT7. When i have to do one for any reason in the game , i only set soft springs and dampers. It seems to work better.

Custom gearbox settings

To taylor a gearbox for a specific track , check both torque and power curves to define your RPM optimum shifting point.

#Set 1 st gear for a better accel out the slower corner (Hairpin or else) or for grid start

#Set last gear for the longer straight with a few more extra speed for stream.

#Set some intermediary gears for importants turns. Sometime you need to shift a lower gear to gain RPM and extra grip. Also out of a corner with right RPM for a powerfull car to not upset the rear end....

That's it. Goood luck..

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
A simple picture can explane much more litérature. From the very smart and clear video of doughtinator on youtube.
Doughtinator video about LSD

View attachment 1222684

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

About LSD Initial torque . This graph is explaining very well.
Let's say the yellow line represent the lower number of the setting 05 in GT
The blue line would represent the max value of the setting 50 in GT.
Soft or brutal throttle input .

https://dsportmag.com/the-tech/spee...d-to-know-about-limited-slip-differentials/4/
View attachment 1222686
MASSIVE MASSIVE RESPECT!!!!!!!!.
The best differential explanation EVVVEEERRR.

That was an explanation for Dum Dums lol, just what i needed.
Happy xmas and New Year
ToneDef..

👍🏻 👌🏼
Yes , same button. Nitro button also on my wheel ... Same. But i have to say that on this car you need can't press DRS button during some fast turns. It stay "ON" more often as some others cars in the game. If you don't release the button at this moment , you can lose the rear easy.

I currently have 300 cars and most of the tunes are from Praiano. But I kind of pieced this dirt tune together from multiple sources and trial and error. It is how I won the Dirt Champions race at Fisherman's Ranch. And I did with automatic shifting back then. Since then I have learned to drive manually. Pretty much guaranteed that you should be able to win with ease if you are good with your shifting. With Fisherman's Ranch at least I recommend you get on the breaks a bit before the first 2 jumps. Catching too much air on jumps was a mistake I made often in my first 10 attempts or so. Sorry not a Gr.B car, but when you are allowed to use it in a dirt race you can make up ground and overtake quite well.

Attachments

• 18c847de3e763-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18c847de3e763-screenshotUrl.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 18c847e122657-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18c847e122657-screenshotUrl.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 18c847e4cf432-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18c847e4cf432-screenshotUrl.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 18c847e9ebe23-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18c847e9ebe23-screenshotUrl.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 40
This one was already done in my garage. The Nissan is a bit faster but with Soft compounds , harder to wear 5 laps.
1:29 / 30 with a clean track , 2 stops under 24 minutes race easy. You can use TC1 for more comfortable cruise.
Oh good timing I just did a Sardegna run with it yesterday. I was using hards without switching, fuel map to 6 until around lap 10 or 11 and then slight refuel for FM1-2 to the end and still won comfortably. I'll try this and see how it compares

Nissan GTR '17- 600PP - Sport Hard tires - WTC 600 Tokyo Rain
Another top car for this amazing race against AI. Now you will have to fight against the NSX at least the first 5 laps. Then he pit and you'll have to control it from 10 seconds ahead of it. Then he pit again lap 10 .... Where is Sophie please !!!

Wide Body

Rims 19" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front Standard - Side A - NO REAR DIFFUSER - Wing CUSTOM

View attachment 1142376View attachment 1142377View attachment 1142381

1- set auto speed at the minimum 200kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.315 .
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1142382View attachment 1142383

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Hi Praiano, thanks a lot for all this tunes :)

I try to reproduce this tune, I checked all parameters but impossible, even with power at minimum via ecu it exceeds 600pp.

I checked rims and stuff, wide body, standard rear etc..

The car has been nerfed ?

Thanks you again !

Hi Praiano, thanks a lot for all this tunes :)

I try to reproduce this tune, I checked all parameters but impossible, even with power at minimum via ecu it exceeds 600pp.

I checked rims and stuff, wide body, standard rear etc..

The car has been nerfed ?

Thanks you again !
Old setting 25 april 2022 , don't match anymore after all those updates.
HERE are the only cars updated in post 1

Old setting 25 april 2022 , don't match anymore after all those updates.
HERE are the only cars updated in post 1
So ther are maney Cara on that list from 1.32 -1.41 which car is recommended I use as the NSX leads the race but just after he pit the Mazda RE Amemiya RX-7 just passes me I was using the Ford focus AWD Rally car and holding very well with the NSX the the Mazda pits and just comes and goes 11-15 seconds pat me and my focus is running 507 hp at 2700lbs weight I used a bas of focus RS tune but was able to get more I even run a no pit and atill loose to the Mazda 12 seconds

Great alternative to Bugatti Gr1!

So ther are maney Cara on that list from 1.32 -1.41 which car is recommended I use as the NSX leads the race but just after he pit the Mazda RE Amemiya RX-7 just passes me I was using the Ford focus AWD Rally car and holding very well with the NSX the the Mazda pits and just comes and goes 11-15 seconds pat me and my focus is running 507 hp at 2700lbs weight I used a bas of focus RS tune but was able to get more I even run a no pit and atill loose to the Mazda 12 seconds
I was having the same problem of trying numerous cars that Praiano had set for the Tokyo Rain Event and could not take 1st no matter what. I saw numerous people recommend the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT. I tried that a couple of times and still couldn't accomplish it. I started to realize that my problem might be that I was still driving with Automatic transmission. So I spent a couple of days learning to drive a manual and then I used the DP-100 VGT. You can short shift with that vehicle and do the entire race without a pit stop and win. I used Sports Soft tires, put the Ballast at 118, lowered the Output Adjustment on the ECU to 73, and lowered the Power Restrictor to 73%.

If you do all that and still can't do it, I would recommend watching a video on YouTube of someone giving tips for that specific race. A video I watched helped me with the 2 turns that slow you down the most.

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 CZ - 550PP - Sport Medium Tires - All Track - 1.32

View attachment 1253312View attachment 1253313View attachment 1253314View attachment 1253315

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

I used this on the 1500 BAT. It’s surprisingly good. You could make it perfect. 😉

I used all performance upgrades and all weight reductions. Also body rigidity. I set the LSD to 30,30,15. Ballast at 52/50 to get 51/49 weight balance that your tune uses. I set the trans top gear to 278, first gear to 95, evenly spaced the rest. Brake balance to -1. On RS, it comes out to 611.27PP.

Last edited:
Back