PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,918 comments
Toyota Alphard Ex Lounge '18 - 694PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - 1.41

Rims size up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B - Side A - Rear B - Wing A

@danrdz6

Finally i did a maxed setting because the car is very fun like this. Of course the grip is fantastic , can fight with the best 700PP if the track is not so fast. Top speed is not very good due to bad CD "drag coefficient".
I'll do another specific 600PP Sport medium tires soon.

View attachment 1319548View attachment 1319549View attachment 1319550View attachment 1319551

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
works well with the new engine swap, max downforce though and played around with the torque distribution based on the track

Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder '54 - 550 PP - Sport Soft tires - All Track - 1.42

Rims up to you
Width Wide
Offset Wide

I didn't knew how to set this car , there is almost no race cars to race with , so i did a 550PP . It's performant and can be raced against any 550PP like Renault 5 Turbo or Alpine A110... Stock setting is weird to drive , i had to use some extreme front ballast , it help to put some more power on it and reach the best road cars top speed.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240126170154.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240126170202.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240126170211.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240126170220.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01- 600PP - Sport Hard tires - All Track / Tokyo - 1.32

Wide Body

Rims 17" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front St - Side St - Rear St - Wing B

Very performant and pleasant to drive on Tokyo. Also perfect and grippy with Sport medium tires for turny track.

View attachment 1255710View attachment 1255711View attachment 1255712View attachment 1255713

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I tried to tune my car with this settings and it seems something is wrong. The manual adjustment of transmission seems not to drop below 2800 2600 ( dont remeber right the number ) and about wheels i cannot change them but maybe its bug on my side since i tried to change on couple of cars same same problem i'm stuck with standard. Any tip what miggt be wrong? I spend 1h trying to figure out the problem. Cannot share photos right now of the setup sorry

Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder '54 - 600 PP - Sport Soft tires - All Track - 1.42

Rims up to you
Width Wide
Offset Wide

I didn't knew how to set this car , there is almost no race cars to race with , so i did a 550PP . It's performant and can be raced against any 550PP like Renault 5 Turbo or Alpine A110... Stock setting is weird to drive , i had to use some extreme front ballast , it help to put some more power on it and reach the best road cars top speed.

Legend! Thank you!! 🙏 you’ve earned a few slices of pizza at least!!

Will try to run it over the weekend.

I tried to tune my car with this settings and it seems something is wrong. The manual adjustment of transmission seems not to drop below 2800 2600 ( dont remeber right the number ) and about wheels i cannot change them but maybe its bug on my side since i tried to change on couple of cars same same problem i'm stuck with standard. Any tip what miggt be wrong? I spend 1h trying to figure out the problem. Cannot share photos right now of the setup sorry
You have to perform the "Tranny trick"
final gear to max
top speed auto minimum
then set each individual ratio
then final gear again.

You also can match each top speed each gear. Same result.

You have to perform the "Tranny trick"
final gear to max
top speed auto minimum
then set each individual ratio
then final gear again.

You also can match each top speed each gear. Same result.
Thank you this made the car settigs go right. About the wheels i clicked install and after that the PP was reduced. I enter back to the wheels and i see the standard but the PP is 599.99. Strange...

I want to make credit and i dont want to use glitches i know is a rain track and i`m really bad at rain i over step on the gas pedal so i want to have something balanced with a chance of win. or if you could suggest different event to make credit ( smaller is fine also )
@Meythia linked the thread for beginners with the 2 Praiano tunes I would recommend for that race. Also, have some tips in there too. But I also wanted to throw in my 2 cents about other credit-grinding races and the Clean Race Bonus (CRB).

Easiest with the best payout - Europe Circuit/Sardegna Road Track/WTC 800/ 15 lap(s).
Vehicle - Bugatti VGT - The only tuning changes I have on mine are 72 on the ECU Output Adjustment, 198 Ballast, -13 Ballast Positioning, and 70 on the Power Restrictor. Racing Hard Tires. I don't change the Fuel Map on laps 1-5. Change to Fuel Map 4 on Laps 6 and 7. Change to Fuel Map 6 as I'm pitting after lap 7. Refresh tires and fuel during the pit stop. Change back to Fuel Map 1 towards the end of lap 11 and the start of lap 12. There are a few turns in this race you need to slow down a lot for or this heavy car will take you into the wall. But other than that it has great acceleration and handling despite all the weight. Top-tier cockpit view and one of the best in VR. There are faster cars for this race but I highly recommend this to a casual driver for the reasons just mentioned and the one pit stop. I think the only way you don't get the CRB in this race is if you pass someone during a yellow flag.

One of the most fun (in my opinion) and great payout - Europe Circuit/24 Heures du Mans/WTC 700/ 30 Minute(s).
So many vehicles to choose from in this thread. My all-time favorite is the Mistubishi GTO Twin Turbo. I primarily use a tuning for it which was highly influenced by a Youtuber's tuning for a different vehicle. But Praiano's tuning for that vehicle works great too. I think that vehicle is great at catching vehicles in the straights even when you run FM4-6. Plus it's just fun to drive and the all-wheel drive helps when it rains. The vehicle pops up in the Used lot but can be obtained for free by getting Gold in the first license test. Race is also one that almost always yields a CRB. Watch the rain radar toward the end of lap 2 and if mostly all the light blue, you can stay on Hard Tires and only need to pit if you need fuel. If there are a few patches of dark blue, you should pit and go with intermediate tires instead of heavy wet ones. If there are a lot of patches of dark blue or other colors like yellow, pit and go with Heavy wet tires.

*Underrated race with good payout for quick credits - America Circuit/Trial Mountain/Hyper Car Parade or AmericanCup700.
Using a fast VGT car here lets you overtake and get into 1st place as soon as possible so you don't lose the CRB. Don't get too hasty with passing in the first part of the race until you hit the straight tunnel. That is where you should do most of your overtaking. Tomahawk S can be used on either race and almost unfair acceleration and handling allow overtaking in other areas of the race. This race is great if you are 100,000 credits shy of buying a vehicle or tuning one and you'd rather do those things in under 10 minutes instead of the 24+ minutes you need for the other credit grinds. Losing the CRB is the one thing that keeps this race challenging because you don't have to manage fuel or tires and there are tons of ridiculous cars you can use like the EV VGTs.

Last edited:
@Meythia linked the thread for beginners with the 2 Praiano tunes I would recommend for that race. Also, have some tips in there too. But I also wanted to throw in my 2 cents about other credit-grinding races and the Clean Race Bonus (CRB).

Easiest with the best payout - Europe Circuit/Sardegna Road Track/WTC 800/ 15 lap(s).
Vehicle - Bugatti VGT - The only tuning changes I have on mine are 72 on the ECU Output Adjustment, 198 Ballast, -13 Ballast Positioning, and 70 on the Power Restrictor. Racing Hard Tires. I don't change the Fuel Map on laps 1-5. Change to Fuel Map 4 on Laps 6 and 7. Change to Fuel Map 6 as I'm pitting after lap 7. Refresh tires and fuel during the pit stop. Change back to Fuel Map 1 towards the end of lap 11 and the start of lap 12. There are a few turns in this race you need to slow down a lot for or this heavy car will take you into the wall. But other than that it has great acceleration and handling despite all the weight. Top-tier cockpit view and one of the best in VR. There are faster cars for this race but I highly recommend this to a casual driver for the reasons just mentioned and the one pit stop. I think the only way you don't get the CRB in this race is if you pass someone during a yellow flag.

One of the most fun (in my opinion) and great payout - Europe Circuit/24 Heures du Mans/WTC 700/ 30 Minute(s).
So many vehicles to choose from in this thread. My all-time favorite is the Mistubishi GTO Twin Turbo. I primarily use a tuning for it which was highly influenced by a Youtuber's tuning for a different vehicle. But Praiano's tuning for that vehicle works great too. I think that vehicle is great at catching vehicles in the straights even when you run FM4-6. Plus it's just fun to drive and the all-wheel drive helps when it rains. The vehicle pops up in the Used lot but can be obtained for free by getting Gold in the first license test. Race is also one that almost always yields a CRB. Watch the rain radar toward the end of lap 2 and if mostly all the light blue, you can stay on Hard Tires and only need to pit if you need fuel. If there are a few patches of dark blue, you should pit and go with intermediate tires instead of heavy wet ones. If there are a lot of patches of dark blue or other colors like yellow, pit and go with Heavy wet tires.

*Underrated race with good payout for quick credits - America Circuit/Trial Mountain/Hyper Car Parade or AmericanCup700.
Using a fast VGT car here lets you overtake and get into 1st place as soon as possible so you don't lose the CRB. Don't get too hasty with passing in the first part of the race until you hit the straight tunnel. That is where you should do most of your overtaking. Tomahawk S can be used on either race and almost unfair acceleration and handling allow overtaking in other areas of the race. This race is great if you are 100,000 credits shy of buying a vehicle or tuning one and you'd rather do those things in under 10 minutes instead of the 24+ minutes you need for the other credit grinds. Losing the CRB is the one thing that keeps this race challenging because you don't have to manage fuel or tires and there are tons of ridiculous cars you can use like the EV VGTs.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I can confirm that the AmericanCup700 is a good pick for 6m30secods to gain 100k with CRB for this race i use C7 ZR1 stock ( i get it as gift ) and the only upgrade i did was better brakes took me 2 laps to get 1st place for the CRB.

I want to take a look at other mentioned events so i can have multiple options so it wont get borring doing only one track :)

We have 10 new engine swaps with update 1.42

Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi
Ford F150 SVT Raptor '11
Garage RCR Civic
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 16 EvoII '91
Nismo 400R '95
Toyota GR Supra RZ '19
Toyota GR Supra RZ '20
Toyota Alphard Ex Lounge '18
Toyota Sprinter Trueno 1600GT Apex (SSV)

Last edited:
12 year ago , GT5 , track creator , Touge Lotus Evora , what a great epic moment , what a great GT5 game.

@praiano63 you were clearly reminiscing here, what a great memory! I, too, was feeling very nostalgic earlier this week, and I posted this to the TT thread about my introduction to GT5 and sim racing back in the day. Link is below in case you're interested

One thing I neglected to mention is how much better the experience of learning how to be a sim racer was because of all of your great tunes. Even back in GT5, it was clear you were head and shoulders above the rest.

I'm so glad you're still around to continue to add enjoyment to GT7 for all of us here!

Here's the post:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/time-trial-discussion.409515/post-14181645

Ford F150 SVT Raptor '11
Garage RCR Civic
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Nismo 400R '95
Toyota GR Supra RZ '19
Toyota GR Supra RZ '20
I'm on the toyota sprinter actually. After Jaguar , 190E and 400R i think , i'll do all anyway. Question of time.

Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - Tokyo rain event - 1.42

Rims (Up to you)
Rims Width Wide - Offset Wide
Wing Custom low profile

This car have big problems , very hard to set , i've tested it maxed with racing tires but it was horrible. The only good option for it was Tokyo due to a superior top speed. Not so fun to drive but laping 2:07 regular. Anyway , i did my best.

View attachment 1322558View attachment 1322559View attachment 1322560View attachment 1322561

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
@praiano63 I actually enjoyed throwing this car around Tokyo East! I've had this classic Countach from my childhood sitting in the garage with nothing to really do with it, so thanks for this tune which I found to be really good!

BTW, random question, when you say "lapping 2:07 regular", do you mean in the Tokyo race itself, or when you're testing in TT mode?

@praiano63 I actually enjoyed throwing this car around Tokyo East! I've had this classic Countach from my childhood sitting in the garage with nothing to really do with it, so thanks for this tune which I found to be really good!

BTW, random question, when you say "lapping 2:07 regular", do you mean in the Tokyo race itself, or when you're testing in TT mode?
During race after lap 2.

Toyota Corolla Levin 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83 - 700PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - SWAP -1.42

SWAP ENGINE : 3S-GTE-MR2

Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide
Offset wide

Front A
Rear B
Wing Custom

Anti lag needed , very peaky engine on this car. Very fast on SPA or any similar track , i did a request with+- similar setting for Tsukuba but with a shorter gearbox of course. Not so good on Le Mans due to high consumption.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240127164827.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240127164923.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240127164933.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240127164943.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Toyota Corolla Levin 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83 - 700PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - SWAP -1.42

Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide
Offset wide

Front A
Rear B
Wing Custom

Anti lag needed , very peaky engine on this car. Very fast on SPA or any similar track , i did a request with+- similar setting for Tsukuba but with a shorter gearbox of course. Not so good on Le Mans due to high consumption.

View attachment 1323041View attachment 1323042View attachment 1323046View attachment 1323047

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I can't do an engine swap on this car. I also tried the SSV and that one can't engine swap either. Maybe it's only available on PS5. I could do a swap on the 400R.

I can't do an engine swap on this car. I also tried the SSV and that one can't engine swap either. Maybe it's only available on PS5. I could do a swap on the 400R.
I do it an hour ago on PS4 ;)

/!\ do not mix up Toyota Corolla Levin 1600GT APEX and Sprinter Trueno 1600GT APEX (that's the same car , but called Corolla in Europe and SPRINTER Trueno in Japan)

Toyota Corolla can be swaped , Sprinter Trueno can't

PS : Today twoice are in the UCD :)

Last edited:

Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide
Offset wide

Front A
Rear B
Wing Custom

View attachment 1323041View attachment 1323042View attachment 1323046View attachment 1323047

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Excellent. I did set the Final drive to 4.300 and stretched out top gear to 316. I found it to get 3.5 laps on FM6 at LeMans. Thanks.

Ford F150 SVT Raptor '11
Garage RCR Civic
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Nismo 400R '95
Toyota GR Supra RZ '19
Toyota GR Supra RZ '20
Friendly reminder that Praiano has a virtual tip jar on Page 1 folks. Looks like he has a lot of work ahead of him. :cheers:

Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 16 EvoII '91 - 700PP - Sport Hard Tires - SWAP - All Track - 1.42

Engine SWAP: M159-AMG-GT3-'20

Wide body car.

Rims size 17" - Offset Wide

Front A - Rear B - Wing B

It's impossible to add front grip without losing a lot of PP=Power. I first set the car without ballast , very fast , around 3:50 on Le Mans , but it was very lazy on others technical track needing + grip. Then i've added some 75kg rear ballast + a few more rake + few more front downforce for the same power. It work better in my opinion.I hate lazzy cars. It also help to contain the wheel spin loading rear end , it's still wild sometime , you can use TC1 to manage the power if you want. It's ok , i would like to add some front grip but the performance is falling too much .

Gran Turismo® 7_20240128144054.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240128144121.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240128144130.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240128144143.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 16 EvoII '91 - 700PP - Sport Hard Tires - SWAP - All Track - 1.42

Engine SWAP: M159-AMG-GT3-'20

Wide body car.

Rims size 17" - Offset Wide

Front A - Rear B - Wing B

It's impossible to add front grip without losing a lot of PP=Power. I first set the car without ballast , very fast , around 3:50 on Le Mans , but it was very lazy on others technical track needing + grip. Then i've added some 75kg rear ballast + a few more rake + few more front downforce for the same power. It work better in my opinion.I hate lazzy cars. It also help to contain the wheel spin loading rear end , it's still wild sometime , you can use TC1 to manage the power if you want. It's ok , i would like to add some front grip but the performance is falling too much .

View attachment 1323376View attachment 1323377View attachment 1323378View attachment 1323379

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
This car is flying on lemans with your setup and new engine swap.its not even intresting on hard.only thing to be done is setup gearbox.let me know if you will do it

Latest Posts

Back