PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,921 comments
I do it an hour ago on PS4 ;)

/!\ do not mix up Toyota Corolla Levin 1600GT APEX and Sprinter Trueno 1600GT APEX (that's the same car , but called Corolla in Europe and SPRINTER Trueno in Japan)

Toyota Corolla can be swaped , Sprinter Trueno can't

PS : Today twoice are in the UCD :)
Thanks, I got the right car now and did a swap.

Mazda LM VGT (Gr11) - 950PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - 1.41
Fit to all GR1 Prototype series races.

View attachment 1314212View attachment 1314213
gran-turismo%C2%AE-7_20231224175342-jpg.1314214
View attachment 1314215

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
have you triee this car for Menu Book 42: Enter the 'Gr.1 Prototype Series'
can it handle all 3 races? Or suggest a car to handle 3 races if there is any :(

Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 16 EvoII '91 - 700PP - Sport Hard Tires - SWAP - All Track - 1.42

Engine SWAP: M159-AMG-GT3-'20

Wide body car.

Rims size 17" - Offset Wide

Front A - Rear B - Wing B

It's impossible to add front grip without losing a lot of PP=Power. I first set the car without ballast , very fast , around 3:50 on Le Mans , but it was very lazy on others technical track needing + grip. Then i've added some 75kg rear ballast + a few more rake + few more front downforce for the same power. It work better in my opinion.I hate lazzy cars. It also help to contain the wheel spin loading rear end , it's still wild sometime , you can use TC1 to manage the power if you want. It's ok , i would like to add some front grip but the performance is falling too much .

View attachment 1323376View attachment 1323377View attachment 1323378View attachment 1323379

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Excellent. Turns much better now. Thanks.

Toyota Corolla Levin 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83 - 700PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - SWAP -1.42

SWAP ENGINE : 3S-GTE-MR2

Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide
Offset wide

Front A
Rear B
Wing Custom

Anti lag needed , very peaky engine on this car. Very fast on SPA or any similar track , i did a request with+- similar setting for Tsukuba but with a shorter gearbox of course. Not so good on Le Mans due to high consumption.

View attachment 1323041View attachment 1323042View attachment 1323046View attachment 1323047

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
This tune is suuuuch a great surprise. I am enjoying this car so much now. Thanks a lot!

Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - SWAP - 1.42

Engine SWAP: Demon-Challenger

Wide body car.

Rims size up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B - Side A - Rear B - Wing Custom

Excelent any track , except Le Mans because of consumption , Top grip and speed , just take care about the wheel spin , you can use TC1 to prevent.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240128210758.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240128210808.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240128210817.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240128210825.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder '54 - 550 PP - Sport Soft tires - All Track - 1.42

Rims up to you
Width Wide
Offset Wide

I didn't knew how to set this car , there is almost no race cars to race with , so i did a 550PP . It's performant and can be raced against any 550PP like Renault 5 Turbo or Alpine A110... Stock setting is weird to drive , i had to use some extreme front ballast , it help to put some more power on it and reach the best road cars top speed.

I couldn't find a race in the event list for this tune. But making 2 slight changes I found 4 races it is very good for. I added Racing Soft tires and bumped up the Power Restrictor from 85 to 96. The 4 races are WTC600. It's not good for the Tokyo Rain event because the Racing Soft is not a good tire for that event. One of the WTC600 events requires dirt tires which are unavailable to purchase for this car. But the other four WTC600 events it performed very well. So well that I could make a mistake or get completely bumped off the road and win. At 2066 lbs. (937 kg) this car can easily be bumped off the road by AI. On two separate WTC600 races, I was bumped off the road and did a full 180 or 360 to dead stop. Yet still managed to finish in P1. Fun drive! If those events pop up in the weekly events I will be grabbing this for sure.

I couldn't find a race in the event list for this tune. But making 2 slight changes I found 4 races it is very good for. I added Racing Soft tires and bumped up the Power Restrictor from 85 to 96. The 4 races are WTC600. It's not good for the Tokyo Rain event because the Racing Soft is not a good tire for that event. One of the WTC600 events requires dirt tires which are unavailable to purchase for this car. But the other four WTC600 events it performed very well. So well that I could make a mistake or get completely bumped off the road and win. At 2066 lbs. (937 kg) this car can easily be bumped off the road by AI. On two separate WTC600 races, I was bumped off the road and did a full 180 or 360 to dead stop. Yet still managed to finish in P1. Fun drive! If those events pop up in the weekly events I will be grabbing this for sure.
Your post got me to thinking. I wonder if this car would work at the Tokyo wet race on RH (or maybe even RM) tires. You could bump the power restrictor up to 100 and maybe even reduce the ballast. (You also don't need a full 600 pp to win at Tokyo in some cases - it just might be a closer race - I got a 540pp car to win there and others have done even lower).

I may have to give that a try. I love racing the open seaters in VR :).

I love racing the open seaters in VR :).
Ditto! This is why I was determined to make it work for races that could pop up in the weekly challenge.
You could bump the power restrictor up to 100 and maybe even reduce the ballast.
I think he stated the ballast here was more about handling as opposed to reducing PP. Also, I'm fairly certain that for a car even close to 600pp he will try his best to get it to work for Tokyo Rain. So if he posts it at 550pp with no mention of Tokyo, I'm assuming he has done a lot of the hard work to find out that the car is not performant for that race. He has stated and we can tell from the tunes that he targets Nordschleife, Le Mans, Tokyo Rain, Sardegna, and Spa for his tuning. But we will also see the occasional Daytona or Alsace mission tune. Outside of that the only times the tunings might vary are for a specific time attack or online event. I know you likely are aware of all this. I'm just clarifying more for recap purposes for any that might be newer to the thread.

Last edited:
Your post got me to thinking.
1706520458318.png

My setup was bad - basically you can add eversthing and sports softs and then try figuring out the suspension, otherwise this cars back will bite you every corner.
And this car is way above my skill level, requires too much delicate inputs.

I could propably pull out +10 seconds with practice and a better setup.
And a driver with the right tough could see my time beaten by at least 25s I guess (that would have been my optimal lap time consistenly +1second per lap for just beeing better ;) ).

Last edited:
I'm excited that I finally have completely bought out Brand Central including all the invite cars. The Veyron was the last invite I needed and I was so happy that Praiano had a good working tune for it. I have 472 of 491 cars not including the Bvlgari we can buy next month. Still plenty in my garage left to tune or even drive for the first time. Only at 87% event completion and numerous circuit experience, missions, and license tests can be completed or improved upon. Not to mention taking on Sport races more often. I was sleeping on Gran Turismo for all these years and now I'm addicted. lol

Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 16 EvoII '91 - 700PP - Sport Hard Tires - SWAP - All Track - 1.42

Engine SWAP: M159-AMG-GT3-'20

Wide body car.

Rims size 17" - Offset Wide

Front A - Rear B - Wing B

It's impossible to add front grip without losing a lot of PP=Power. I first set the car without ballast , very fast , around 3:50 on Le Mans , but it was very lazy on others technical track needing + grip. Then i've added some 75kg rear ballast + a few more rake + few more front downforce for the same power. It work better in my opinion.I hate lazzy cars. It also help to contain the wheel spin loading rear end , it's still wild sometime , you can use TC1 to manage the power if you want. It's ok , i would like to add some front grip but the performance is falling too much .

View attachment 1323376View attachment 1323377View attachment 1323378View attachment 1323379

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Hello
I play on a pad. I control the car on TCS 1. The only problem is turning it. In this configuration it became difficult to turn.
I like your setups, you can "drive" quickly around corners, but this Mercedes does it clumsily...

Greetings

Of course. It's a very fast car , Also the Bugatti VGT (Gr1) - 950PP - Racing Medium Tires - All Track - 1.40 easier for rain.
Menu Book 42: Enter the 'Gr.1 Prototype Series' i would recommend this car in USA i finished 2nd ( due to penalty after exit from pit stop ) EU finished first with i think was 30seconds ahead of 2nd and in Asia i finished 2nd due to rain if i re-run them with this build for sure it would be first if i re-run them Thank you for your suggestion @praiano63

Jaguar XJ220 '92 - 700 PP - Racing HardTires - All Track - SWAP - 1.42

Engine SWAP: V12-XJR-9
Rims up to you / Rim width Wide / Offset Wide
Front part B
Side A
Rear Wing : B

A few better performance as the original engine. Excelent consumption for Le Mans but i love the car any track , fast and easy.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240129154702.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240129154724.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240129154733.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240129154743.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Nismo 400R '95 - 800PP - Racing Medium Tires - All Track - SWAP - 1.42

Engine SWAP: VR38DETT-GT-R-NISMO

Wide body car.

Rims size 18" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide - Need also any Roll cage.

Front B - Side B - Rear B - Wing A

Top five 800PP car anywhere. Top speed , grip and excelent drivability.

EDIT: I've modified the front ride height , bring it to 80 in the way to 70 , the car was flooring badly down strong compressions. Like last fast turn Deep forrest or Fox hole on Nordschleife. 100% guilty to not test the car on Nordschleife before publishing it. Thanks for your observation @oldboy1943

Gran Turismo® 7_20240129152105.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240130194940.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240129152123.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240129152134.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Alpine A220 Race Car '68 - 700PP - Racing Medium Tires - All Track/Le Mans-1.32

Rim Width Wide Offset Wide

I love this livery , when you select one , there is no information about who did this. If somebody know the person who did this livery , give him my compliments. Bravo.
Le mans easy win first try with single pit FM6 took 1st place at 2nd lap thank you for the tune

Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - SWAP - 1.42

Engine SWAP: Demon-Challenger

Wide body car.

Rims size up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B - Side A - Rear B - Wing Custom

Excelent any track , except Le Mans because of consumption , Top grip and speed , just take care about the wheel spin , you can use TC1 to prevent.

View attachment 1323486View attachment 1323487View attachment 1323488View attachment 1323489

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Wide body car.

Rims size 18" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

View attachment 1323707View attachment 1323708View attachment 1323709View attachment 1323710

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
These are outrageously fast. Outstanding tunes. Thanks.

Jaguar XJ220 '92 - 700 PP - Racing HardTires - All Track - SWAP - 1.42

Engine SWAP: V12-XJR-9
Rims up to you / Rim width Wide / Offset Wide
Front part B
Side A
Rear Wing : B

A few better performance as the original engine. Excelent consumption for Le Mans but i love the car any track , fast and easy.

That's a beautiful livery! I can't wait to try this one out (I have found myself trying to do a content search for your awesome liveries on your tunes, so that when I see it in my garage I will immediately recognize it as a @praiano63 special!)

Ditto! This is why I was determined to make it work for races that could pop up in the weekly challenge.

I think he stated the ballast here was more about handling as opposed to reducing PP. Also, I'm fairly certain that for a car even close to 600pp he will try his best to get it to work for Tokyo Rain. So if he posts it at 550pp with no mention of Tokyo, I'm assuming he has done a lot of the hard work to find out that the car is not performant for that race. He has stated and we can tell from the tunes that he targets Nordschleife, Le Mans, Tokyo Rain, Sardegna, and Spa for his tuning. But we will also see the occasional Daytona or Alsace mission tune. Outside of that the only times the tunings might vary are for a specific time attack or online event. I know you likely are aware of all this. I'm just clarifying more for recap purposes for any that might be newer to the thread.
Yeah, that's part of the experiment, to see how the changes affect the handling, and if is a suitable car for Tokyo in some slightly changed configuration

When the Maestro builds a tune for us he is aiming for perfection and what he thinks is the car's sweet spot. And even then, he lets us know in the comments if there is anything sub-par or where its weaknesses are.

For me, I just thought it might be a fun car to try on Tokyo. Depending on the car, there's a lot of leeway on that race where you can still win. Might be able to keep the ballast and just switch the tires and up the power.

This was just an "open musing" on my part that I shared with the thread.

I'll try it out tonight and report back :)

Wide body car.

View attachment 1323707View attachment 1323708View attachment 1323709View attachment 1323710

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Since i cannot swap engines yet if i tune it can it perform good for Menu Book 43: Enter the 'Neo-Classic Competition' ?

Nissan R32 GT-R Vspec II '94 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks - 1.31

Wide Car
Rims up to you - Width Wide - Ofset off
Front A - Side A - Rear A - Wing A

The car under 1.31 is very under steery and passive. I needed to let the rear end very free to turn the car pleasant , showing a good front grip.
With a low rear downforce the car is unstable under strong braking entering a turn. Respect the brakes in this situation. This is the only way to go fast.
View attachment 1250455View attachment 1250456View attachment 1250458View attachment 1250459
View attachment 1153996

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Dear Praiano,I've bought every parts of engine Turning,so my engine reached up to 10086rpm,what can I do about the figures of manual adjustment? I barely know nothing about car tuning,it would be appreciate by any chance u could help me with this。

Last edited:

You may start here. Good luck.

Wide body car.

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Words cannot express how excited I am that this one is maxed out from the jump. Had to make a customer livery for it. If you are having trouble matching the PP you need Roll Cage B. After 3 hours of livery design and tuning I'm off to play.

Wide body car.

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

I had to install a roll cage to get below
Words cannot express how excited I am that this one is maxed out from the jump. Had to make a customer livery for it. If you are having trouble matching the PP you need Roll Cage B. After 3 hours of livery design and tuning I'm off to play.
I just worked out the roll cage is needed to achieve the pp ,

Yeah, that's part of the experiment, to see how the changes affect the handling, and if is a suitable car for Tokyo in some slightly changed configuration

When the Maestro builds a tune for us he is aiming for perfection and what he thinks is the car's sweet spot. And even then, he lets us know in the comments if there is anything sub-par or where its weaknesses are.

For me, I just thought it might be a fun car to try on Tokyo. Depending on the car, there's a lot of leeway on that race where you can still win. Might be able to keep the ballast and just switch the tires and up the power.

This was just an "open musing" on my part that I shared with the thread.

I'll try it out tonight and report back :)
OK, @onedjyoulike, as promised, here's my report:

Even RH tires don't work on this car at the Tokyo event. It was too prone to sliding on the wet surface in the early laps.

However, I found a much simpler solution:

1) Stay with SS tires
2) Power Restrictor to 100
3) Ballast to 7 (still at -50)
4) Final gear to 3.414

As the maestro mentioned, this car is much slower than other cars at 600pp, so it's not a "top" choice for Tokyo, which is why he built it as a 550pp tune. However, I was still able to win the event by a fair margin with these changes, even making a couple small mistakes, and I got the CRB. I took 1st on lap 8 when the leaders went to the pits, and never saw them again. So if you want an open seater to run the event, it can fit the bill. You can run the entire event without pitting.

(Also, if you haven't tried it the Honda RA272 '65 is a blast on the Tokyo event, even more fun than the Maserati. You're so low, the Gr. 3 cars seem like monsters towering above you)

Tokyo_Maserati_Sypder54.jpeg

Since i cannot swap engines yet if i tune it can it perform good for Menu Book 43: Enter the 'Neo-Classic Competition' ?
I have a setting for the original engine at 700PP in post 1
Nismo 400R '95 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - 1.40
Dear Praiano,I've bought every parts of engine Turning,so my engine reached up to 10086rpm,what can I do about the figures of manual adjustment? I barely know nothing about car tuning,it would be appreciate by any chance u could help me with this。
For this gearbox you need to perform the call " tranny trick" to set a gearbox.
Final gear to max
Top speed auto minimum
Set each gear
Set again final gear to the given ratio.
Thanks. Exact , i've forgot to mention it , any roll cage .

(Also, if you haven't tried it the Honda RA272 '65 is a blast on the Tokyo event, even more fun than the Maserati. You're so low, the Gr. 3 cars seem like monsters towering above you)
I love that car and have driven it quite extensively in VR. Also, the Ford Roadster, F1500T-A, Honda Project 2&4, and the Shelby Cobra 427. The X-Bow was the first open seater I owned and drove in VR. But I haven't driven it with Praiano's latest tune. Going to try that soon. The Plymouth XNR Ghia, Mercedes-Benz S Barker, BVLGARI VGT, Jaguar XJ13, and Jaguar D-type '54 are the only open-seaters I have left to acquire.

Back