PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,931 comments
Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97 - 650 PP - Sport Soft tires - All Track - 1.42

Rims size up to you / Rims width wide / Offset wide

Perfect drive easy and fast. I love this car at this level . Using Sport sport tires you can drive on wet also for Nordschleife for example , top speed is still as good as top 100% Porsche road cars.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240223140325.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240223140335.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240223140344.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240223140354.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

De Tomaso Pantera '71 - 500PP - Sport Hard Tires - All track - 1.42

Normal body.
Rims size up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

"THIS IS NOT A CUSTOM SETTING ". This car is so perfect at this level that i just wanted to show this option. A perfect drive on a perfect balanced car. One of the best driving sensation in the game. It's also very performant. Excelent also at 550PP too.
Stock Suspension / Stock gearbox / ... everything , i just do weight reduction.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240223175127.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240223175136.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240223175144.jpg

><((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:

Normal body.

"THIS IS NOT A CUSTOM SETTING ". This car is so perfect at this level that i just wanted to show this option. A perfect drive on a perfect balanced car. One of the best driving sensation in the game. It's also very performant. Excelent also at 550PP too.

View attachment 1330810View attachment 1330811View attachment 1330812

><((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Thanks very interesting, without power changes it is at 549.64.pp, with this setting.

Last edited:
Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97 - 650 PP - Sport Soft tires - All Track - 1.42

Perfect drive easy and fast. I love this car at this level . Using Sport sport tires you can drive on wet also for Nordschleife for example , top speed is still as good as top 100% Porsche road cars.

View attachment 1330725View attachment 1330726View attachment 1330727View attachment 1330728

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I don't know what you've done with this thing, but it's absolutely amazing. It just does whatever I ask it to! And when I do ask too much, it very gently reminds me to ease off. Phenomenal!

View attachment 1330725View attachment 1330726View attachment 1330727View attachment 1330728

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Such an heartbreaking vehicle. How can you not love it by both its appearance and its history? Yet it has no role in the game. The Porsche 650pp? I won the weekly running it stock (and this tune would make it flat out OWN the event I have absolutely no doubt), but it’s a unique 650pp manufacturer specific event, with no typical reason to run due to the low payout.

It should be awesome at 700pp Le Mans, for obvious reasons, but it’s too slow at the top. So maybe Tokyo 600pp, but although it drive on rails, it is , ironically, still too slow at top.

But it does look good in the garage VR, so there’s that!

Mazda LM VGT (Gr11) - 950PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - 1.41
Fit to all GR1 Prototype series races.

View attachment 1314212View attachment 1314213
gran-turismo%C2%AE-7_20231224175342-jpg.1314214
View attachment 1314215

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
@praiano63 I did played with this tune a little bit to get it down to 800PP.
I tested the car at SPA 1H and Sardegna WTC800 was able to win it but on SPA i didnt liked the cornering its lazy.

On Sardegna was doing fine job on fm3 with 1 pit at the end of lap 7 finished with 25:08.

What would you change on this tune to make it better at SPA?
1000009647.jpg

@praiano63 I did played with this tune a little bit to get it down to 800PP.
I tested the car at SPA 1H and Sardegna WTC800 was able to win it but on SPA i didnt liked the cornering its lazy.

On Sardegna was doing fine job on fm3 with 1 pit at the end of lap 7 finished with 25:08.

What would you change on this tune to make it better at SPA?
View attachment 1330958
Are you talking about the 800PP kind of Sardegna to fit on SPA ? Both track are totally different. Almost no front grip needed , power and speed are speaking more high. The only way for SPA is to add front grip using front downforce and / or reduce rear downforce. Then you'll lose some top speed and HP but it's a compromise you have to deal with.

Are you talking about the 800PP kind of Sardegna to fit on SPA ? Both track are totally different. Almost no front grip needed , power and speed are speaking more high. The only way for SPA is to add front grip using front downforce and / or reduce rear downforce. Then you'll lose some top speed and HP but it's a compromise you have to deal with.
No no i wanted to make it working for SPA but i also run it same setting for Sardegna. I got borred with Sardegna. Want to do more runs at SPA with different cars that i have in my garage

No no i wanted to make it working for SPA but i also run it same setting for Sardegna. I got borred with Sardegna. Want to do more runs at SPA with different cars that i have in my garage
Front ballast and low front downforce kill the grip for SPA. Just need to find a compromise between grip and speed , like i've explained in precedent post.

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
It really is an amazing drive at this level and so much fun for the Porsche cup. I love seeing what you would do with it because there were multiple choices you made here that I wouldn't have even considered.

Another thing I discovered is Porsche Cup is the one series you can use your EV Porsche's like the VGTs and the Taycan. I won Nordschleife with the VGT which was surprising because the heavy rain kicked in. I'm trying to get a good all-around Taycan tuning at 650pp.

Last edited:
Such an heartbreaking vehicle. How can you not love it by both its appearance and its history? Yet it has no role in the game. The Porsche 650pp? I won the weekly running it stock (and this tune would make it flat out OWN the event I have absolutely no doubt), but it’s a unique 650pp manufacturer specific event, with no typical reason to run due to the low payout.

It should be awesome at 700pp Le Mans, for obvious reasons, but it’s too slow at the top. So maybe Tokyo 600pp, but although it drive on rails, it is , ironically, still too slow at top.

But it does look good in the garage VR, so there’s that!
With the introduction of weekly events it is good to have some go-to cars for the different series. I am starting to get to that point of my garage where it less about repeating the same 3-4 credit grinds and more fun to explore the variety of the different events and how I can utilize more of the 600+ cars I have.

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Very impressive tune. I think it lends itself a lot better to this PP level than the previous tune at 700PP. Absolute joy to drive.

Audi Sport Quattro S1 '87- 600 PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo Rain event - 1.31

Extremely fast , just one thing , take care when braking before the right turn under the last bridge in the bends. I don't what is happening there and only there , brake light and early . It's a fantastic car to drive.

View attachment 1255500View attachment 1255501View attachment 1255502View attachment 1255503

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I am just now discovering that I don't have this car even though my Car Index book says that I do have it. I verified that it could be purchased at the Legend Car Dealership which confused me. I couldn't figure out why I would sell a car knowing that I could only buy it at the Legend Dealership. Then I figured it out. It also can be acquired by taking top 3 in the World Rally Challenge at Fisherman's Ranch. I am fairly certain that is how I first obtained it. And shortly after I tried using it at a dirt event and discovered that I preferred the Ford Focus for dirt events. Then I likely was trying to buy some shiny VGT car and saw that I could sell this for some good coin to pay for that. Probably convinced myself "This thing is ugly and if it's no better than a Ford Focus, I should sell it." :banghead:

With the introduction of weekly events it is good to have some go-to cars for the different series. I am starting to get to that point of my garage where it less about repeating the same 3-4 credit grinds and more fun to explore the variety of the different events and how I can utilize more of the 600+ cars I have.
100%. This car is in my garage no matter what. I try to reference them in terms of dropping 10,000,000 credits. Will you be able to bring it out often enough and enjoy the drive, not just the view. Praiano's tune of the 959 at Tokyo made that classic car viable to earn me another dozen classics.

I will say this... take Praiano's tune, drop in the mid Turbo, mix from his base to your personal preferences (I'm a Senna type driver*, i.e. give me the best brakes possible so I can dive in hard and exit fast before I'm caught stealing), to 700pp. It straight up killed for me at Le Mans finally!

*I'm in awe of Praiano's ability to get the lap times he does with normal (softer) brakes and sloppy rears (no booty joke intended!), as I am unable to replicate.

Last edited:
I am just now discovering that I don't have this car even though my Car Index book says that I do have it. I verified that it could be purchased at the Legend Car Dealership which confused me. I couldn't figure out why I would sell a car knowing that I could only buy it at the Legend Dealership. Then I figured it out. It also can be acquired by taking top 3 in the World Rally Challenge at Fisherman's Ranch. I am fairly certain that is how I first obtained it. And shortly after I tried using it at a dirt event and discovered that I preferred the Ford Focus for dirt events. Then I likely was trying to buy some shiny VGT car and saw that I could sell this for some good coin to pay for that. Probably convinced myself "This thing is ugly and if it's no better than a Ford Focus, I should sell it." :banghead:
I think it's due back in the Legendary Dealership around early to mid April, unless it turns up as a Special Pick before then.

Hi Praiano, would you consider tuning the NSX-R '02 with the GT3 NSX Engine Swap for 800pp? I tried my hand at tuning it, but the car runs away from me at corner apex.

McLaren MP4-12C '10 - 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - All track / Tokyo - 1.34

Wide car
Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Parts:
Front A
Side A
Wing Custom

Top car on Tokyo event .The gear have a long configuration because you have to shift at 7700RPM , after this the power drop a lot so you have to stay in this RPM range. It stay in the mid of the RPM bar on the dashboard.
You can use Sport medium for turny slow track that a lot of grip.

View attachment 1263783View attachment 1263784View attachment 1263785View attachment 1263786

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

You weren’t kidding about the gearing and shift point. Didn’t pay attention initially, and it was a dog. I couldn’t believe you’d recommend this for Tokyo, so I came back to double check and paid attention to the shift and RPM advice. Totally different results!

Normal body.

View attachment 1330810View attachment 1330811View attachment 1330812

><((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I bookmarked this when I saw it, and came back to it today.

Wow! You are so right @praiano63. What a perfectly balanced car! It's too bad there aren't more events in the game that it can participated in. All the 550p events are for FR and/or American/Japanese cars.

I ran it in the 500pp Sunday Cup at Spa, and then put the ECU and power restrictor back to 100 to bring it in just under 550pp. I ran this configuration against Sophy at Spa and it was a fairly easy win. The car performs so perfectly and is so perfectly responsive on this track. I tried the quick race 1 lap at Nordschliefe also and won easily, but at least I got some credits while I enjoyed the car.

Is this car worthwhile at 600pp at all without an engine swap?

The BRZ swap still a viable setup?

The BRZ swap still a viable setup?
Yes , still a dominant car due to bug for some swap engine cars. 968HP / Racing soft / for only 700PP . You can also add more front downforce to give more grip to the front end , there is so much power available that if you sacrify some few HP it would be a problem at all.
EDIT: You can't reduce the power , it's a bug , it will not diminue the PP. You have to use the car this way.

Last edited:
Porsche 959 '87 - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - Tokyo rain event - 1.31

Rear A

-Rims up to you
-Rim width WIDE
-Offset WIDE

I use manual geaarbox to gain some more power on this track. Need to pit lap 6 or 7 if you save some very few gas. Brake strongly only when in line.
Excelent top speed , around 318 kmh end of straight no draft.

View attachment 1244781View attachment 1244782View attachment 1244783View attachment 1244784View attachment 1244786View attachment 1244787

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Very good car for Tokyo i can say its my 2nd best option as of now i like the grip comparing to

Audi Sport Quattro S1 '87- 600 PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo Rain event - 1.32
Its not fast as the audi but it is very good and easy to handle

Last edited:
Very good car for Tokyo i can say its my 2nd best option as of now i like the grip comparing to

Audi Sport Quattro S1 '87- 600 PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo Rain event - 1.32
Its not fast as the audi but it is very good and easy to handle

My opinion is heavily influenced by my love of the car (I was just about to start driving when it came out, and it was THE car at that moment), but there is no car I enjoy driving more at that event. With Praiano’s tune, it’s almost effortless. It’s not the fastest, but it’s stress relief for me to spin 12 VR laps at Tokyo in the 959 (and the 800,000+ credits ain’t too shabby).

Last edited:
I bookmarked this when I saw it, and came back to it today.

Wow! You are so right @praiano63. What a perfectly balanced car! It's too bad there aren't more events in the game that it can participated in. All the 550p events are for FR and/or American/Japanese cars.

I ran it in the 500pp Sunday Cup at Spa, and then put the ECU and power restrictor back to 100 to bring it in just under 550pp. I ran this configuration against Sophy at Spa and it was a fairly easy win. The car performs so perfectly and is so perfectly responsive on this track. I tried the quick race 1 lap at Nordschliefe also and won easily, but at least I got some credits while I enjoyed the car.

Is this car worthwhile at 600pp at all without an engine swap?
I first drove it at Grand Valley for the Historic Masters 580pp. I agree with how good it handles at 500pp, but I took third at that power level. Added back the Power and 550pp was enough to win that event. PD has the Pantera regular coming in 5th at that event. To which I say..."no respect." :lol:

Yes , still a dominant car due to bug for some swap engine cars. 968HP / Racing soft / for only 700PP . You can also add more front downforce to give more grip to the front end , there is so much power available that if you sacrify some few HP it would be a problem at all.
EDIT: You can't reduce the power , it's a bug , it will not diminue the PP. You have to use the car this way.
Thanks for the info!

Back