PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,937 comments
Hello mates @praiano63

Out of interest, what are your personal favourite cars/tunes, if you just feel like spending some time driving for fun/pleasure?

Not necessarily quickest, but if you have time for driving enjoyments, what cars do you choose?

Cheers

Honda NSX Type R '02- 800PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - SWAP - 1.42

SWAP`ENGINE : HR-414E-NSX

Wide car
Rims wide
Offset wide

Front B
Side A
Rear A
Wing A

Performant car for WTC 800PP races due to a low consumption , downforce level is not enough for this power but i could able to limit wheel spin and tight the chassis to not be all over the play. Racing soft tires with so much power , light weight and low downforce turn the car very wobbly. Need to find the sweet spot for every settings parameters. Not perfect but a very good car.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240226090033.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240226090042.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240226090050.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240226090102.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

B80
Hello mates @praiano63

Out of interest, what are your personal favourite cars/tunes, if you just feel like spending some time driving for fun/pleasure?

Not necessarily quickest, but if you have time for driving enjoyments, what cars do you choose?

Cheers
It's almost impossible for me to remember the cars i love the most. I never drive the same car during 2 or 3 monthes. I do settings almost everyday , always a new one or updating an old car.
I can remember +- 10 cars but there is around a 50 that i consider the best driving sensation in this game.
Honda S660 '15 - 400PP - Comfort soft tires - Nordschleife - 1.35
BMW 3.0 CSL '73 - 460 PP - Comfort Soft tires - Alsace - 1.32
Citroen DS 21 Pallas '70 - 450PP - Comfort Soft Tires - All Track -1.34
Renault R8 Gordini '66 - 460PP - Comfort Soft tires - Alsace Hum. Com -1.41
De Tomaso Pantera '71 - 500PP - Sport Hard Tires - All track - 1.42
Porsche Spyder Type 550/1500RS '55 - 500PP - Sport Hard tires - All Track -1.34
Dodge Super Bee '70 - 550PP - Sport Medium tires - All Track - 1.41
Ferrari Testarossa '91 - 600 PP - Sport Medium tires - All Tracks - 1.35
Ford GT '06 - 600 PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo rain - 1.39
Ford Mustang Boss 429 '69 - 600 PP - Sport Soft Tires - Tokyo - 1.41
Honda NSX Type R '02- 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo rain event - 1.42
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone '67 - 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo Rain event - 1.39
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 - 600PP - Sport Hard/medium Tires - Tokyo/Nordschleife - 1.41
Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97 - 650 PP - Sport Soft tires - All Track - 1.42
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 - 600PP - Sport Hard - Tokyo -1.32
Audi R8 4.2 '07 - 700 PP - Racing HardTires - All Track - 1.31
Bugati Veyron 16.4 '13 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - All Track - 1.32
Ford Shelby GT350-R '16 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - 1.35
Mercedes AMG GT Black Series '20 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - All Track - 1.37
Subaru Impreza 22B STI '98 - 700 PP - Racing medium Tires - All Tracks - ' 1.34
Bugatti Chiron '16 - 800PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track (Grip settings) - 1.39
Ferrari Enzo '02 - 800PP - Racing SoftTires - All track - 1.39
Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV '15 - 800 PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Tracks - 1.36
McLaren F1 GTR Race car '97 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - All track-1.41
McLaren F1 GTR Race car '97 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - All track-1.41
Porsche 962 C '88 - Maxed - Racing Medium Tires - GRIP/SPA - 1.41
Mazda LM VGT(GR1) - 950PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - 1.41

Are you talking about the 800PP kind of Sardegna to fit on SPA ? Both track are totally different. Almost no front grip needed , power and speed are speaking more high. The only way for SPA is to add front grip using front downforce and / or reduce rear downforce. Then you'll lose some top speed and HP but it's a compromise you have to deal with.

Front ballast and low front downforce kill the grip for SPA. Just need to find a compromise between grip and speed , like i've explained in precedent post.
I think that i have finally made a good grip for this car and i think that its really fun to drive.

used with FM1 until first rain ( around lap 10 ) changed to IM switch to FM3 and for the rest of the time i was able to finish it up on Hard with 1LAP difference from 2nd.

FM1 Laps are around 2:14-18
FM3 Laps are 20-30 seconds more depends of how much rain ( be aware while braking during rain the stopping is not good you should brake early )

here are couple of photos of the setup. If possible could someone else give it a try and give feedback if its fine like this ?
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240225122439.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240226090941.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240225122928.jpg

Honda NSX Type R '02- 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo rain event - 1.42

Wide car
No Roll cage
Rims up to you
Rims wide
Offset wide

Front B
Side B
Rear St
Wing A

Excelent top speed , very good grip , safe and perfect handling.
I didn't use braking system racing or pad , brakes are already good and you can add some PP instead. Just brake 1 or 2 cars space before your normal mark.
One stop lap 8 for gas , no need to change tires . Laping 2:09.xxx after lap 2 , total time around 6:35 / 40 in my hands.

View attachment 1330015View attachment 1330016View attachment 1330017View attachment 1330018

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

I took this tune and made a 700PP version for Le Mans and I think it might be the fastest car I’ve got for that race. I have a feeling it’s faster than the 700PP R34 swap which is a demon. I see you mentioned the wobble on the 800PP which I felt with the previously mentioned tune. However, accounting for that it’s still amazing to drive if you’re careful. I’m going to try the 800PP suspension tune and see how it compares on the 700PP model.

Gearbox gearing is incredible. I hit 198 mph on the straights on FM1. Very nice work @praiano63 !

Last edited:
Toyota 86GT "limited" '16 - 700PP - Racing Soft tires - All Track - Swap - 1.40

Engine swap: LT5-Corvette-C7

Rims width wide
Offset wide
Wing custom

Front A Side A Rear B Wing Custom

"THE ABERRATION" Due to a PP glitch this car support almost 1000HP on Soft compound. The engine waste a lot of gas , 2 laps on Le Mans FM6 short shifting.... but at 3:45 lap.
On Nordschleife , just keep cool in turny sessions , you'll reach any top 700PP on straight.

View attachment 1304286View attachment 1304287View attachment 1304288View attachment 1304289

.>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

i get PP of 694.46

wide body?

Sorry i don't have any idea. I've checked all , it's exactly the way it's writen. A-A-B-Wing custom and the engine tuning + parts on the sheet.
The culprit of the 5-point difference was a Roll Cage. This should have a roll cage. But @praiano63 can you check yours and verify if you have the wide body or not on this one? From the picture, it looks like it does but want to confirm.

Honda NSX Type R '02- 800PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - SWAP - 1.42

SWAP`ENGINE : HR-414E-NSX

Wide car
Rims wide
Offset wide

Front B
Side A
Rear A
Wing A

Performant car for WTC 800PP races due to a low consumption , downforce level is not enough for this power but i could able to limit wheel spin and tight the chassis to not be all over the play. Racing soft tires with so much power , light weight and low downforce turn the car very wobbly. Need to find the sweet spot for every settings parameters. Not perfect but a very good car.

View attachment 1331785View attachment 1331786View attachment 1331787View attachment 1331788

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
This is an interesting one because it doesn't require a new vehicle to switch between the 700pp tune and the 800pp tune. But it does require adding or removing the diffuser to switch between the two. Simply switching sheets will not do it. So this is the method I just came up with to remind myself to add or remove the diffuser if I ever go to switch between sheets. I created a 3rd sheet in addition to the 700pp and 800pp that I titled "700-RearStd/800-RearA." This way I will know when looking at my sheets that the diffuser will need to be added or removed if I switch the PP from what it is currently at. I wish they just had a note section where you can notate each tune with reminder notes.

The culprit of the 5-point difference was a Roll Cage. This should have a roll cage. But @praiano63 can you check yours and verify if you have the wide body or not on this one? From the picture, it looks like it does but want to confirm.
No roll cage , nothing wrong on the setting sheet, 700PP exactly 997 hp 2844 lbs

Last edited:
No roll cage , nothing wrong on the setting sheet, 700PP exactly 997 hp 2844 lbs
Hmm. Can't figure this one out then. If I remove the Roll Cage C and go to Standard Parts on Roll Cage it drops me from 699.04 down to 694.46. I was asking about Wide body because if I install the wide body that will take me from 699.04 to 700.24.

Verified have Front A, Side A, Rear B, Wing Custom. Width and Offset rims.

Setting sheet statistics match everywhere except for when you look at acceleration and Rotational G stats. It's almost as if there is a bug with the conversion between SI units and US speed measurement units. I have triple-checked and every other stat and parts appears as they should be.
18de87590f785-screenshotUrl.jpg

Hmm. Can't figure this one out then. If I remove the Roll Cage C and go to Standard Parts on Roll Cage it drops me from 699.04 down to 694.46. I was asking about Wide body because if I install the wide body that will take me from 699.04 to 700.24.

Setting sheet statistics match everywhere except for when you look at acceleration and Rotational G stats. It's almost as if there is a bug with the conversion between SI units and US speed measurement units. I have triple-checked and every other stat and parts appears as they should be.
View attachment 1331984
I have exact same as you. The roll cage adds 5 PP and takes me up to 699.XX *(can't remember exact numbers but probably same as yours). I wouldn't sweat it, bro. Often when I apply Praiano settings the PP is out by 0.01-1.2 PP. I think maybe conversion glitches metric to imperial or maybe cars with more wear and tear lose a bit of PP or stuff like that. Sometimes I can shift the ECU or limiter up a notch to get it closer to the rounded (such as 700) PP limit.

Either way, this 86 GT with the LT5 engine is a cracker of a drive. Very similar actually to the C7 ZR1 using same engine, another fave of mine in the game.

Last edited:
Alpine A110 '17 - 700PP - Racing hard tires - All tracks - SWAP - 1.35

SWAP ENGINE: VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17)

Wide Car
Rims up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset wide
Front A - Side A - Wing Custom

Excelent on technical tracks , very agile and responsive.

View attachment 1269841View attachment 1269842View attachment 1269843View attachment 1269844

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Hello Praiano! Thanks for this tunning! I have just done the swap for the Alpine and it works great!

Cheers!

View attachment 1331984
Wheel size also affects PP, though I havent seen difference larger than 0.1.
But with how buggy/complex the pp calculations are, I wouldnt be surprised if there are some rare cases with difference of 10.

Sometimes it is down to the combination of size, offset and width affecting each other.

Last edited:
Mercedes AMG GT3 '20 - MAXED - Racing Soft tires - All Tracks - 1.42
It's a new version from the recent setting also 1.42.
A few faster than the BMW on SPA , around 1.5 second / lap. Same power , same weight , even less torque.... 11PP more than BMW with same configuration.....

Gran Turismo® 7_20240228090854.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240228090917.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240228090928.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240228090936.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Hello Praiano, so may I know your way for you to tune the suspension? I know this is what your tune great point is, but I just wanna know how to tune since I am going to study mechanics in university and wanna learn more on tuning for the interview.
(Just wanna learn the way to tune, not for robbing your "business" in here. Being a HKG student is not that free, you knowledge will just for academic use. You can totally reject to protect your rich knowledge on tuning to not avoid me breaking any words)
Thx a lot. Can't wait for new cars for tomorrow's update. Appreciate your tune all time!
(Of course, you can private message for that or post here if you don't mind)

Hello Praiano, so may I know your way for you to tune the suspension? I know this is what your tune great point is, but I just wanna know how to tune since I am going to study mechanics in university and wanna learn more on tuning for the interview.
(Just wanna learn the way to tune, not for robbing your "business" in here. Being a HKG student is not that free, you knowledge will just for academic use. You can totally reject to protect your rich knowledge on tuning to not avoid me breaking any words)
Thx a lot. Can't wait for new cars for tomorrow's update. Appreciate your tune all time!
(Of course, you can private message for that or post here if you don't mind)
There is no way to use an identic process or using a setting pattern or calculator in GT7. You can use it any theory but it was working only 70% to 80% .

If you take any car having the same power , torque , FR weight deistribution , same tires grip level , same downforce if have some ........ Considering that in GT a tuning part is a same tuning part for all , ( like racing suspension , Shock absorbers.....)
You'll never have the same behavior for this same cars parameters.

Because of this a specific setting is needed in GT7. About how they are working , you can check the guide "BEYOND THE APEX " in the upper menu. It's very well explained and all the settings in GT7 are working in the good way (this time).
Some are more sensitive than others.
Ride height is responsive
Springs also responsive.
Dampers Compression and extension are a few less responsive.
Camber setings is almost dead or moribund.
TOE angke is a few responsive.
LSD is very responsive
Downforce is very responsive.

To resume. Every car is a special car to set in GT. You need to spend time on it . More or less. Some cars are very tricky to set , i need a week for very very few , others need 15 minutes at least for me . After 15 year doing this , i don't think about how to do , no method , it's like a feeling.

There is no way to use an identic process or using a setting pattern or calculator in GT7. You can use it any theory but it was working only 70% to 80% .

If you take any car having the same power , torque , FR weight deistribution , same tires grip level , same downforce if have some ........ Considering that in GT a tuning part is a same tuning part for all , ( like racing suspension , Shock absorbers.....)

Because of this a specific setting is needed in GT7. About how they are working , you can check the guide "BEYOND THE APEX " in the upper menu. It's very well explained and all the settings in GT7 are working in the good way (this time).
Springs also responsive.
LSD is very responsive

To resume. Every car is a special car to set in GT. You need to spend time on it . More or less. Some cars are very tricky to set , i need a week for very very few , others need 15 minutes at least for me . After 15 year doing this , i don't think about how to do , no method , it's like a feeling.
Thank you for explanation, hopefully it will help my interview. Pls let me ask if I have further more question on tuning, thank you for the reply again.

Springs also responsive.
LSD is very responsive

Love this explanation. I have been lucky a few times with taking the tuning from one car and using it on a different car and it made it much better. I also have discovered that using your tunes from a higher PP vehicle in a lower PP event and just reducing the power will often work better than using a car that its stock PP is at or close to what the event requires.

I'm assuming the whole tuning of cars in general was a feature originally added to put more realism and replayability into the game. But over time it has been balanced to also favor microtransactions. As much as people despise the microtransactions model, it clearly has its place in gaming and without it, we wouldn't have as many jobs for developers and thus as many high-quality games. The industry is still trying to figure a lot of it out though because of all the layoffs reported lately. I wonder how much of that is pandemic economy-related vs. poor decisions.

Audi R18 TDI '11 Gr1 - 926PP - Racing Medium Tires - Daytona / All track - 1.42
Top 3 cars when maxed on SPA against all my fasters ghosts. Very fast also on Daytona , very good top speed and grip , for 5 laps use Racing medium with FM6 for 1:30 lap cruising safely. You can also use Traction control at 1 because the 1st gear is brutal out slow speed turns.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240228165908.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240228165938.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240228165945.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240228165953.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240228165749.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

I'm assuming the whole tuning of cars in general was a feature originally added to put more realism and replayability into the game. But over time it has been balanced to also favor microtransactions. As much as people despise the microtransactions model, it clearly has its place in gaming and without it, we wouldn't have as many jobs for developers and thus as many high-quality games. The industry is still trying to figure a lot of it out though because of all the layoffs reported lately. I wonder how much of that is pandemic economy-related vs. poor decisions.
Microtransactions have nothing to do with suspension setups or tuning. The performance points (PP) have been adjusted over time since launch. Not only did each type of suspension change the PP but it used to be that each individual setting had an effect also. That has been phased out over time. MTX has nothing to do with that. It was a long time before we could even purchase engine swaps. They used to be roulette ticket items only (S parts too).

MTX is mainly to get credits to buy vehicles. Just racing the races will give you credits for parts.

Last edited:
Jaguar XJ220 '92 - 700 PP - Racing HardTires - All Track - SWAP - 1.42

Engine SWAP: V12-XJR-9
Rims up to you / Rim width Wide / Offset Wide
Front part B
Side A
Rear Wing : B

A few better performance as the original engine. Excelent consumption for Le Mans but i love the car any track , fast and easy.

Excellent. I did use the High RPM turbo, getting 622 HP. Thanks.

The R4 when maxed on Sport hard tires it's a very good car , fun , well balanced . Just need to find a good race for it. I think the Sophy AI can be a very good option with this car , on Road atlanta or Tsukuba perhaps....
Really looking forward to your trickery mastery on this one, sir! :D

Toyota Sprinter Trueno 1600GT Apex (AE86) '83 - 550PP - Sport Hard Tires - Nordschleife

This car is 7:47 on the Nordschleife . Just 3 seconds after my best 550PP for now , the MR2.

Wide Body Car
Rims size 13" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A
Rear A
Wing B

View attachment 1150036View attachment 1150037

To build the manual fully custom gearbox do like this.
1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 210 kmh
2d: set every individual gears from 6th to 1st at the ratios writen on the sheet
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 3.600 for Nordschleife or similar
For any other faster or slower track , set the final gear the way you want. You'll need after to add or take out some power with the help ECU limiter. Messing with the gearbox change your PP .

View attachment 1150038View attachment 1150039

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Excellent with the swap, too. I did use the custom wing set, keep the aero the same. I set the rear gear at 4.300, top gear speed to 325, first gear speed to 116, evenly spaced the rest. I used all upgrades, topping out at 457 hp. On RH, it comes out at 684.22PP. At LeMans, it’ll hit 180mph on FM6 and 192mph on FM1. It gets 3.5 laps on fuel on FM6. It’ll be perfect when you lean on it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Renault 4L GTL '85 - 450PP - Sport Hard Tires - All Track -1.43

Standard Body
Wheels up to you
Rims wide
Offset wide

It's fun to drive and competitive. You can't race it against Sophy , i don't know why. I love to drive it on Brands Hatch or any track of this kind.
I've never owned a 4L , only 2CV that was a kind of rival , very cheap , undestroyable , can go anywhere , desert or snow , with a relative good top speed.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240229194257.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240229194400.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240229194409.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240229194418.jpg

1709249342700.png

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Renault 4L GTL '85 - 450PP - Sport Hard Tires - All Track -1.43

Standard Body
Wheels up to you
Rims wide
Offset wide

It's fun to drive and competitive. You can't race it against Sophy , i don't know why. I love to drive it on Brands Hatch or any track of this kind.
I've never owned a 4L , only 2CV that was a kind of rival , very cheap , undestroyable , can go anywhere , desert or snow , with a relative good top speed.
View attachment 1332830View attachment 1332831View attachment 1332832View attachment 1332833
View attachment 1332839

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Nice bodywork.

Back