PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,912 comments
McLaren 650S '14 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All track - 1.27
m1.jpg

Ferrari Testarossa '91 - 700 PP - Racing Medium tires - All Tracks - 1.34

Remembering when i went in the '90th in Miami , .Miami Vice was the top serial at the TV , i'd rent an old Chevy Impala to check the city of the legendery Sony Crocket and his Testarossa . Good time. :lol:.

Rims size up to you
Offset wide
Rear wing Custom

The car is so fast that i use Racing medium for any grip track like the Nordschleife and it's still as fast as the best 700PP . To fly , you can use Racing Hard on Le Mans , the consumption raise a few more , but this way you can already lap 4:00 easy with a 300kmh top speed.

f1.jpeg
f2.jpeg
f3.jpeg
f4.jpeg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Mazda Roadster Touring Car - 600PP - Racing Hard Tires - Tsukuba - 1.25
TSUNAMI in TSUKUBA
This car lap 57.8xx regular with no traffic on dry. FM 1 , 12laps / Racing Hard tires / full tank.

Hi there, looks like this setup is no longer under 600PP in the current 1.27 patch.

Also, the rear loses grip too easily in Tsukuba when I was attempting The Human Comedy 1H race (with a little mod by myself). I am still using the controller to play.

Would you please have a look in my screenshots and advise any updates on your setup? Thanks a lot!
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Super fast on Le Mans, but guzzles gas. It would barely do three laps on FM6. I had to really short shift it. However, it’s such a good car that I was able to put in higher gear ratios, take out a lot of rear aero, all the rear weight bias and lower the rear and it still was fast and handled great and did easy low 4 min laps. I never realized what a good car this is. It’s 100% your suspension tune minus lowering the rear. I did that for fuel economy and it helped more than anything else I did. It allowed me to go from FM6 to 5 and I didn’t have to short shift it nearly as much.

Thank you again for all of your great work.

Super fast on Le Mans, but guzzles gas. It would barely do three laps on FM6. I had to really short shift it. However, it’s such a good car that I was able to put in higher gear ratios, take out a lot of rear aero, all the rear weight bias and lower the rear and it still was fast and handled great and did easy low 4 min laps. I never realized what a good car this is. It’s 100% your suspension tune minus lowering the rear. I did that for fuel economy and it helped more than anything else I did. It allowed me to go from FM6 to 5 and I didn’t have to short shift it nearly as much.

Would you mind sharing your adjustments?

Would you mind sharing your adjustments?
I don’t have it in front of me, but literally all I did was take out the weight ballast, lower the rear ride height to half way up the scale. 130 iirc. I lowered the rear aero to like 236. I played with that a little bit. None of that raised the PP much. I only had to lower the CPU to like 93.

I thought that I’d have to play with the rear suspension some after I took the rear ballast out, but (IMO) it actually handled better. I thought the same when I lowered the rear suspension, but it didn’t seem to affect the handling at all. The suspension is all Praiano, minus lowering the rear suspension. Once again, that had the most dramatic effect on increasing the fuel economy.

Edit: I raised the ratio of 7th gear 20kph and slightly tweaked 5th and 6th so it had more even ratio spacing. It does 185 mph easily. I ran one lap playing around on FM1 and it did 200 and I ran 4:01.

Last edited:

I swear the first 3 sentences of your post came directly out of my brain! I came here to write it and you already did.

I’m going to try the adjustments you suggested and see how I fare,

Out of curiosity, what other races do you guys run with 700pp cars?

It seems a shame that these amazing tunes by @praiano63 are only getting used on a wet race. I wish PD would make the payouts more equitable to encourage a wider variety of track/car combinations.

I swear the first 3 sentences of your post came directly out of my brain! I came here to write it and you already did.

I’m going to try the adjustments you suggested and see how I fare,

Out of curiosity, what other races do you guys run with 700pp cars?

It seems a shame that these amazing tunes by @praiano63 are only getting used on a wet race. I wish PD would make the payouts more equitable to encourage a wider variety of track/car combinations.
There's lots of dry 700pp races (WTC 700 I think they're called). I agree with your point regarding payouts, but don't limit yourself because of payouts. I get the majority of my fun out the game by playing in lobbies. Here you can screen for your desired pp level and race against other players, rather than the limited AI. Far, far more fun to be had!!

I used to hate that I couldn’t do longer races in non racing cars, then I started short shifting and it opened up a lot more cars for me.

There's lots of dry 700pp races (WTC 700 I think they're called). I agree with your point regarding payouts, but don't limit yourself because of payouts. I get the majority of my fun out the game by playing in lobbies. Here you can screen for your desired pp level and race against other players, rather than the limited AI. Far, far more fun to be had!!
I need to start playing in the lobby races. I’ve literally never tried one. Thank you for that suggestion. I’ve gotten a bit bored with the game. I only play once a day now and just do one sarthe or sardenga to get my daily token. Which is BS btw, all I get anymore is three stars and occasionally a four star.

I need a damn invite to buy a veyron. Annoyingly, I had one and let it expire.

This race has totally inspired me to try tuning. I whipped up this Mazda RX-7 tune for Tokyo, and for me it worked out pretty well.

I can win the race fairly easily, and it's a fun drive. It's pretty responsive, but requires fairly smooth inputs, especially near the beginning when the track is wet. You can throw it around a little more in the 2nd half of the race. I really like the turn-in.

A lot of tuning is driving style, but I'd be very curious if this helps anyone, or if any of you that are good at tuning have any feedback.

Attachments

• mazdarx7_1.jpeg
    mazdarx7_1.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 33
  • mazdarx7_2.jpeg
    mazdarx7_2.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 35
  • mazdarx7_3.jpeg
    mazdarx7_3.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 33
To Sardegna grinders:
Le Mans winner Mazda 787B available again in the LCD from today!
2.2M - you can earn this in 3 races 😀

Perfect tune (1.25), very good consumption (rotary engine), BRUTAL sound:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-13878447

(Spoiler: You need to get the volume down 😉)

Finally tried this amazing @praiano tune on the Spa 800 race this morning. What a pleasure to drive!

It was no contest. The handling and braking are amazing, as is the fuel consumption. Never had to add fuel and had plenty to spare.

Lapped the entire field before the end of the race.

Ferrari Testarossa '91 - 700 PP - Racing Medium tires - All Tracks - 1.27

Remembering when i went in the '90th in Miami , .Miami Vice was the top serial at the TV , i'd rent an old Chevy Impala to check the city of the legendery Sony Crocket and his Testarossa . Good time. :lol:.

Rims size up to you
Offset wide
Rear wing Custom

The car is so fast that i use Racing medium for any grip track like the Nordschleife and it's still as fast as the best 700PP . To fly , you can use Racing Hard on Le Mans , the consumption raise a few more , but this way you can already lap 4:00 easy with a 300kmh top speed.
Looks beautiful. I guess I have to wait around for it to become available. :irked:

Hello Praiano,
after ranting about the roulette for a few weeks, it has now given me a P1 GTR (probably to keep me quiet). I tried it and was a little disappointed. You have optimized the car in a pre 1.23 version, but wrote that tuning is a challenge.
Is there any chance with the current physics?

Thanks and greetings
M

Hello Praiano,
after ranting about the roulette for a few weeks, it has now given me a P1 GTR (probably to keep me quiet). I tried it and was a little disappointed. You have optimized the car in a pre 1.23 version, but wrote that tuning is a challenge.
Is there any chance with the current physics?

Thanks and greetings
M
The P1 is really strange to manage. I'm on it since a few weeks but nothing acceptable. I hope i'll find something good soon.

Porsche Taycan Turbo S '19 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All track -1.23

No Wide car
Rims Up to you / Rim width Wide / Offset Wide
Rear Wing : Custom

It's a good car but the fact that you can't acces to LSD and the huge torque , turn the car difficult to control during some situations.
Also the speed limit at 260 kmh is a real problem. On the ring , it's faster than Porsche Cayman GT4 during the bends , but a lot of distance in straight.

View attachment 1200915View attachment 1200916View attachment 1200917

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I wonder if the Taycan S can be improved since the newer physics updates

Last edited:
Porsche Carrera GT '04 - 700PP - Sport soft or Racing hard tires - All Track - 1.27

Extremely fast , superior grip , easy to place and easy to drive very fast. Needed a few more top speed to be perfect but the driving pleasure is there 100%.
Not so good on Le Mans , lap 4:03 for 3 laps FM 5 or 6. Perfect on Nordschleife or turny technical track.

Wide Body

Rims Up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A - Side Standard - Wing CUSTOM

View attachment 1224701View attachment 1224702View attachment 1224703View attachment 1224704
View attachment 1224708

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Excellent. At 700 and maxed out. Thanks.

Praiano this tune is a pure joy to drive. Almost my fave Ferrari in your game (this week!). Thank you!!

And this new BRZ tune is definitely a more manageable drive. Lotta fun on Nordschleife. Thx man 🍻
I tried this tune, I get 757.44pp, am I missing something?

Back