PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,883 comments
Hi Praiano, can I ask for some help please? I cannot get my gear ratios to match yours for the Testarossa tune. I see you have top speed set at 200kpm in your screenshot.

• If I set top speed to 200 (first screenshot), my ratios cannot get even close to yours. The lowest first gear can go for me is 3.118 but you have first gear at 2.670
  • If I leave top speed at 300 (second screenshot ), then I can match your ratios but the speeds are different.

What am I doing wrong? I know there is no transmission flip involved in GT7, but can you clarify the process that we should follow when trying to match your gearbox?

Question 1: When we match your gearbox, should we touch the "Top Speed" setting to match what is on your screenshot? Or do we ignore it?

Question 2: When we try to match your gear ratios, should we first adjust each ratio to your number and then afterwards adjust the Final gear?

Cheers!
I had a similar issue, I believe setting it in the following the order should solve the problem.

• Set top speed to 200 km/h
• Set final drive to 2.950
• Set each gear, starting from 5th.
Note: on occasions one has randomly changed after I set it, so just check at the end that all are correct.

Cheers, J

Hi Praiano, can I ask for some help please? I cannot get my gear ratios to match yours for the Testarossa tune. I see you have top speed set at 200kpm in your screenshot.

• If I set top speed to 200 (first screenshot), my ratios cannot get even close to yours. The lowest first gear can go for me is 3.118 but you have first gear at 2.670
  • If I leave top speed at 300 (second screenshot ), then I can match your ratios but the speeds are different.

What am I doing wrong? I know there is no transmission flip involved in GT7, but can you clarify the process that we should follow when trying to match your gearbox?

Question 1: When we match your gearbox, should we touch the "Top Speed" setting to match what is on your screenshot? Or do we ignore it?

Question 2: When we try to match your gear ratios, should we first adjust each ratio to your number and then afterwards adjust the Final gear?

Cheers!
After you set top speed at 200kmh , low your final gear that fit in the range. Then set each gear. But there is a lot of way to do , i were just playing with the way to do to see if i match a better lower PP.
Thanks, I had not come across any bugs with wheel width or sizing. What I have noticed is some cars will not allow wide rims or wide offset until you have done the wide body modification.

Update
I threw caution to the wind and did the non-reversible wide body mod; I was then able to fit wide rims. Also, after going back to the settings sheet, all of the stats now match Praiano's exactly.

@praiano63 perhaps you could check your Ferrari F12 Berlinetta '12 build, I believe it may have the wide body modification fitted. It is quite hard to tell visually, but GT Auto will tell all.

You would think it would be listed somewhere on the 'car settings sheets' - bloody Polyphony!!

Anyway, thanks again. Just used this tune to win the Nurburgring GP WTC 600 event!
I'll test this today .

Audi Sport Quattro S1 '87- 600 PP / 700PP / 730PP - Sport soft & racing hard Tires - All around
This car is a lot superior to any 600PP road cars . Excelent at 700PP against GR4 cars , a real pleasure to drive .
Advise: Even at 700pp you can't drive like mad. Need to be care about your balance , no late braking entering a turn... Respect. . Very reactive to any inputs under throttle , wheel and brake .
Well , i did an experience against GR3 at SPA. Same lap time at 730PP with racing hard tires , around 2:18.xxx . But it's extremely wild. :scared::scared::lol:

Here are 3 settings , 600PP , 700PP and 730PP. No gearbox settings , do your own . Easy no problem.
Only the 730PP , you'll have to add a mid range turbo compressor.

Can I ask witch of your settings you would put dirt tires on, if any? Thanks for all your hard work :)

Last edited:
Alpine A110 Group 4 '72- 550 PP - Sport medium Tires - All Track - 1.31

Perfect balance , huge front grip , rear end slide a few but very controlable. Safe car.

Rims up to you - Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front St Wing custom.

a1.jpg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg

a1.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09 - 650 PP - Sport soft tires - All around

What a car for the "Porsche Cup" for example. Perfect line , huge grip , sane ,no surprise even under wet condition , you'll have some rain during 2 races. I'm in love really , a real pleasure to pilot.

EDIT: You can gain PP and power (top Speed) , increasing the ballast value, remembering to replace it on the right position on the car to have the same repartition 44/56. Up to you ,i prefer grip , it's only a base tune.

WIDE BODY ON.

View attachment 1121870View attachment 1121871View attachment 1121872View attachment 1121876

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Tune is awesome, great work! But I can only seem to get it to 654.38pp

Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09 - 650 PP - Sport soft tires - All around

What a car for the "Porsche Cup" for example. Perfect line , huge grip , sane ,no surprise even under wet condition , you'll have some rain during 2 races. I'm in love really , a real pleasure to pilot.

EDIT: You can gain PP and power (top Speed) , increasing the ballast value, remembering to replace it on the right position on the car to have the same repartition 44/56. Up to you ,i prefer grip , it's only a base tune.

WIDE BODY ON.

View attachment 1121870View attachment 1121871View attachment 1121872View attachment 1121876

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Forgive me if I missed it. Does this use wide rims and tires as well?

Are you using the same 700PP tune that you have listed, or have you increased performance for a faster lap at Trial Mountain?

if so, what are your new settings for the Ford GT on Trial Mountain?

has anyone tried these tunes lately and if so are they still good? i have a few races im trying to get gold in and could use afew good tunes.

The cars don't change over time. The tunes are great just as they were on day one when they were made.
cars dont change but that doesnt mean someone couldnt have found better settings since this is like a month old. all i was doing was asking if there had been any changes or if these are still working well

Yeah, still working well.

Just FYI, the tunes are done along and along, some of them are only as old as 24-48 hours.
thanks. i just found this page today and saw that the thread was created in early march.

i managed to either earn or buy atleast 200 cars so far but i still have a few races i need to complete before completing most the world mode events

Are you using the same 700PP tune that you have listed, or have you increased performance for a faster lap at Trial Mountain?

if so, what are your new settings for the Ford GT on Trial Mountain?
Yes it's enough . The goal is to make money and not slam anybody or go out track to take extra credits. You can raise power and tires also. Today i've tune the C7 ZR1 '19 that i'm going to publish soon today. 800pp racing soft , you lap much more faster than GT '06. Around 1:49 . Insane car.:scared::scared:
The goal is also have fun for the task not be monotonous,

Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 '19- 800 PP - Racing Medium Tires - All Track - 1.44

Front A
Rear A
Wing Custom

-Rims up to you
-Rim width WIDE
-Offset WIDE

This new full rear ballast option have a lot more front grip , limit the rear wheel spin and medium tires are able to use the full power for 800PP.
Excelent on Daytona WTC800 using FM6 short shifting for 4 laps + 3 laps + 3 laps.
Easy car that can be 100% driven on any technical track.

1713348448960.png
1713348467712.png
1713348482563.png
1713348496038.png

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
cars dont change but that doesnt mean someone couldnt have found better settings since this is like a month old. all i was doing was asking if there had been any changes or if these are still working well
Hi , normally i don't do news settings during the same physics update. When PD make some big physics changes , it happened sometime during all GT Games , then i have to do everything again. It's easier than to do a full setting starting to 0. At this moment modifications are in the same way +- for all the cars. So it's quicker.
Also i can rarely redo a car i don't like the behavior and publish it again after some modifications.

Hi , normally i don't do news settings during the same physics update. When PD make some big physics changes , it happened sometime during all GT Games , then i have to do everything again. It's easier than to do a full setting starting to 0. At this moment modifications are in the same way +- for all the cars. So it's quicker.
Also i can rarely redo a car i don't like the behavior and publish it again after some modifications.
not a problem. im looking forward to trying out what you have so far and seeing if it helps out. i have a 3 races where i want gold in lol

Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 '19- 800 PP - Racing Tires - All around

The beast is here. Perfect 800PP or more. I've even driven it on route X with full power to test , the car go to 395kmh 245mph.
I've installled front part and rear aero , but i've take all out because i think the look was not ok. Even without the parts , it stay front and rear downforce. 250 front 350 rear. Perfect , enough.

The car don't take Wide body
Rim width Wide / Offset Wide.

For the gearbox , with so much power and torque , you have to bring up 1st and 2d gear to have some good traction . It's huge.
To set the gearbox :
Set top speed minimum at 250kmh
Set final drive at 2.445 ratio
Set each individual gear ratio.
This gearbox is for Trial Mountain cup "Money maker".

View attachment 1133925View attachment 1133926View attachment 1133927

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
This is awesome my next menu book is the 800pp championship. I know what I'm using now 🤟 I hate Chevy though I'm a ford guy. But a Corvette is kind of cool I guess lol

Yes it's enough . The goal is to make money and not slam anybody or go out track to take extra credits. You can raise power and tires also. Today i've tune the C7 ZR1 '19 that i'm going to publish soon today. 800pp racing soft , you lap much more faster than GT '06. Around 1:49 . Insane car.:scared::scared:
The goal is also have fun for the task not be monotonous,
i agree that fun and variety is most important. thank you for your answer, and also for the C7 ZR1 tune. i cant wait to try it out!

This is awesome my next menu book is the 800pp championship. I know what I'm using now 🤟 I hate Chevy though I'm a ford guy. But a Corvette is kind of cool I guess lol
I've tested it on Barcelona 800 event , it's doable with gas consump at 4 and racing medium tires . Soft don't go 5 laps for pit.
Hey I noticed you had a tune for the group 3 viper. Is there any chance you might be making one for the srt10 couple 06?
All the vipers yes !! since the '02 the one i prefer in gtsport.

Back