Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
praiano63
To resume, with:
- Low power car
-3,4 or 5 gears only
-Racing high grip tires
You will need a short first gear to start , because of this, you'll have to spread the uppers gears with more space between each others to reach your top speed.
Everytime you'll change to an upper gear, the retake will be in a lower RPM , this mean , not the best RPM / power range of the engine. This best range stay a little bit higher generally.

Thanks a lot for explaining this. So to see if I understood correctly, it's a shorter first gear and everything else equally spaced out after that?

praiano63
You're welcome. Thanks a lot.
I think my tunes can be usefull for WRS online events for sure, but only for this. For the offline time trials and principally for the fastest drivers, the solution is always the same or 90% of the time.
-Front ride height max,Rear ride height Minimum
-LSD settings.
And some few springs & dampers ......secondary settings between both mains settings.

Have a good day everybody.

I've also used your tunes to great success in the WRS so thanks for tuning providing the tunes. For the offline tunes I'm not quite sure what you mean by this

LSD settings.
And some few springs & dampers ......secondary settings between both mains settings.

Thanks a lot for explaining this. So to see if I understood correctly, it's a shorter first gear and everything else equally spaced out after that?

I've also used your tunes to great success in the WRS so thanks for tuning providing the tunes. For the offline tunes I'm not quite sure what you mean by this

Depending of your car , the track you race, the max speed that your car will reach on this track, you'll need:
- a 1st gear not too shoort (wheel spin) and not too long (not enough torque to maintain the tire to the limit of the grip, Drag racers knows perfectly where this exact point stand.)

-A last gear that reach the max speed at max RPMxHP you need on this specific track.
Exactly for time trial , with a little margin allowing draft when you race in room with other cars.

-Then spread the intermediary gears , visually on the setting panel graph, it's the easiest way.

For the difference between OFFLINE and ONLINE settings, ONLINE settings are more sensitive, specially the ride height.
Knowing that in GT5 when you raise the front and/or low the rear, this input will increase oversteer to your car.

You can do this test.

Take any FR car and set OFFLINE a ride height that will let it agressive but safe, showing a good eagerness in the turns ,in and out.
Then go online and check the reaction of your car on the same track ,same turns.
It will spin like "Hollyday on ice"

Now do the oposit:
Set your ride height ONLINE till you feel a good agressive car at the limit of oversteer but still safe.
Then go OFFLINE with it.
Your car will be well balanced (even too much neutral for a good driver), showing some understeer sometime.
But, the good setting point will be close and a simple small RH correction will be enough to drive your car OFFLINE with the same behaviors than ONLINE.

I know my english don't allow me to be clear enough.
Check what one of the fastest guy on the planet say about this.

By eclipsi_RC:

SUSPENSION

Suspension
I take as the whole columns of front and rear suspension are swapped in the menu, what there says it's front in fact it's rear, and what there says it's rear in fact it's front.

Ride Height
The usual starting point for most cars is default values, I do 1 or 2 laps and I see what's the car behaviour, later I go to the extreme max front/min rear, this setting often will give you a quite oversteering car, for 4WD or FF cars I always use this setting to get rid off the understeering, but for some FR or MR cars this can differ a bit.

If you have too much oversteering keep lowering the front ride height bit by bit until you get rid off that oversteering, if you still have too much oversteering at min/min (thing that would be rare), keep rising the rear ride height bit by bit until you get rid off the oversteering.
In some cars this method doesn't work, and you'll find that what's best is min/min or even max/max (very rare but there are some cases), as always, trial-error method is key.

Keep this in mind as orientation:

Max Front / Min Rear (Max Oversteering)
Min Front / Max Rear (Max Understeering)
Min Front / Min Rear (Better Grip)
Max Front / Max Rear (Worse Grip)

Link for premium members
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6612562#post6612562

Thanks to him .

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

EDIT: LSD and RIDE HEIGHT are the most responsive and important settings, the rest come after this.

FERRARI 430 SCUDERIA '07 "no aerofoil" // 600PP // ONLINE OK

This car was tune with racing tires because this is what people most use online racing, but can support sport soft tires safely, it's an allround tune ,with the max speed set for nordschleife.

scderia.jpg

sangimignanotownsquare1o.jpg

sangimignanotownsquare3m.jpg

Enjoy.​

Hey Praiano, I've been testing tunes and making my own trying to get that 600pp autumn ring done w/o the 2J. I was going to try this, but there's no tune there.

I have a question to you priano my amigo :)
I tuned the 908 HPi Team Oreca(the colorful one) with the Total playstation one.Are the both the same?Maybe theres a difference :/

FERRARI 430 SCUDERIA '07 "no aerofoil" // 600PP // ONLINE OK

This car was tune with racing tires because this is what people most use online racing, but can support sport soft tires safely, it's an allround tune ,with the max speed set for nordschleife.

sangimignanotownsquare1o.jpg

F430_600pp.jpg

sangimignanotownsquare3m.jpg

Enjoy.​

Fixed the tune sheet. I have some problems frequently with imageshak site. Photobucket is easiest to use.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I have a question to you priano my amigo :)
I tuned the 908 HPi Team Oreca(the colorful one) with the Total playstation one.Are the both the same?Maybe theres a difference :/

I think they are exactly the same , Just a question of stickers.

713 HP Power
930 kg Weight
1222 Nm Torque
MR Driv.
Power/Weight 571 W/kg

Cool, thanks. Gonna try it after I lose another race at the Nurb because the HKS racing controller isn't as good as advertised. I have better throttle, brake, and steering control with the DS3

Hi Praiano do you have a lotus elise 96 rm tune? Thanks

Hello.
I only have this one. It's for Suzuka "rain". I did it for a WRS offline event. I don't know how it could be Online.

Quick tune:

Trans:
1-reset
2-top speed 280 kmh= 174 mph
3-Final gear stock 3.938
4-set the ratios
1st: 2.739
2nd: 2.013
3rd: 1.532
4th: 1.207
5th: 0.982

5-done. It give a top speed above right 259 kmh = 161 mph

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/10
Acceleration: 0/25
Deceleration: 0/08

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: 00/10
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 5.4/7.0
Dampers Extension: 6/6
Dampers Compression: 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/2
Camber: 0.8/1.2
Toe: -0.04/+0.18

Brake Balance (front/rear): 3/2

NISSAN GT-R R35 Touring Car // 675PP // ONLINE OK

My first DLC car. Tuned on every kind of track, solid base tune for who want to race online with a fast ,balanced , easy car. Lot of grip, no surprises.

gtr35tc.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife4n.jpg

Pictures below by slowGTR, one more time greats pics, congratulations,thanks.
o5yOwWhtGjc7V5AcMb_0.jpg

xoaQ9Vr6bB6WfheRrs1_0.jpg

haalZWCmrENsfpdaddR_0.jpg

Hi mate, i must say, this is truly perfect, I use your suspension, and gearbox tune, and it's pretty perfect, thanks for it...

I used this car to win every seasonal event within 650pp even the ring against the bmw maclaren f1, even my bob win every online race with this car.

thanks for this great job my friend. :dopey:

Hi mate, i must say, this is truly perfect, I use your suspension, and gearbox tune, and it's pretty perfect, thanks for it...

I used this car to win every seasonal event within 650pp even the ring against the bmw maclaren f1, even my bob win every online race with this car.

thanks for this great job my friend. :dopey:

You're welcome my friend.
Safe, easy and very fast car. It's a monster on any track. You can adjust the rear ride height to be more agressive Offline, lowering a few to fit your style .

Have a good drive.

Hi praiano63, do you have Honda NSX Type R '02 settings with 500PP & 550PP, many thanks! :sly:👍

Sorry amigo. I have only one old tune. Need to do some others news. But, i can say that for a NSX '02 tune , you can check the RKM Motorsport VTiROj tunes.
He have 4 tunes there. The best quality.

Have a good day.

https://sites.google.com/site/gt5tune/home

Honda NSX Type R &#8216;02
RKM Motorsports
Lion's Den Performance
Avid Racing Factory
GT God
Veiga
Wienish
Mad FinnTuners Co.
JG's Tuning Shop
Red Valley Racing
Praiano's Tunes
MTLclllutch
K Tuning
RKM Motorsports(2)
Top Performance Tuning
isleeptill12
RKM Motorsports(3)
Master_Gamer438
Cone Killer Racing
RKM Motorsports(4)
JackThalad
TheCardboardBox
Dr_Slump Car Ambulance
White Base Design
Master_gamer438
All Stars Version Garage
cgg's Tuning Garage
f611en-6nge1
BGTF's Garage

EDIT: Check also this CSLACR tune, not yet on the list
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7551951#post7551951

Just to show how i do to play GT when i'm travelling at work.
The most important is a solid table. After you need a carpet for the pedals and fix this the way you can with wood , foam .... anything you can find. I never had any problem to travel with my G27 and pedals ,i always find a way to play and drive hard with the few things i found in the houses i were living for a few weeks or months.
When i'm home , i play with my racing seat , it's not faster , even less comfortable ( need a pilow) but you can set everything exactly the way you want . This is the most important for me, i don't adapt myself but the seat fit to me..👍:).

sany0100.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

cockpit3.jpg

SANY1756.jpg

:dunce:👍 i like the sofa

:dunce:👍 i like the sofa

This was my last house in Suriname, i did some nice tunes in this sofa during long long nights.... I prefer my cockpit.

i notice your tuning thread changed

Thread ?? i don't think so. But my tuning sheet yes !!:) I'm preparing some new stuff for my next tunes when i'll be back, perhaps next week.:):):):)

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°/

praiano63
Sorry amigo. I have only one old tune. Need to do some others news. But, i can say that for a NSX '02 tune , you can check the RKM Motorsport VTiROj tunes.
He have 4 tunes there. The best quality.

Have a good day.

Honda NSX Type R &lsquo;02
RKM Motorsports
Lion's Den Performance
Avid Racing Factory
GT God
Veiga
Wienish
Mad FinnTuners Co.
JG's Tuning Shop
Red Valley Racing
Praiano's Tunes
MTLclllutch
K Tuning
RKM Motorsports(2)
Top Performance Tuning
isleeptill12
RKM Motorsports(3)
Master_Gamer438
Cone Killer Racing
RKM Motorsports(4)
JackThalad
TheCardboardBox
Dr_Slump Car Ambulance
White Base Design
Master_gamer438
All Stars Version Garage
cgg's Tuning Garage
f611en-6nge1
BGTF's Garage

EDIT: Check also this CSLACR tune, not yet on the list
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7551951#post7551951

Muito obrigado amigo! :sly:👍

Hey Praiano! I wanted to make a small request. Can you do a tune for the R390 Gt1 Road Car WITH the stage 3 turbo. Your 600pp tune of it is magnificent BTW! I think you just need to add the turbo and update the gearbox and LSD so it shouldn't take too long. Thanks!:)

Last edited:
hey Praiano, I use your tranny tuning methods. But, I have noticed on a few tunes you raise the final gear to max, top speed to min, then adjust acordingly. I have done this, then quickly reset and put suggested final gear, estimated top speed and gotten the same numbers.

Also, I'm not sure if you know this (you probably do), but, when you use the same trans tuning method, even if changing final gear, you get the same acceleration no matter what the gear ratio is, as long as top speed is the same due to the fact that:
lower final gear = higher transmission gears; and
higer final gear = lower transmission gears

And, as always, thanks for the great tunes. I use some of yours as a base for mine sometimes (CT230). I'd also appreciate it if you tried one or two of my tunes when you get to playing again. Have a good one

Hey Praiano! I wanted to make a small request. Can you do a tune for the R390 Gt1 Road Car WITH the stage 3 turbo. Your 600pp tune of it is magnificent BTW! I think you just need to add the turbo and update the gearbox and LSD so it shouldn't take too long. Thanks!:)

Hello. My tune is "ENGINE 3" . I will play again GT5 next week, so i'll be able to do this if you want. This don't take more than 2 mn. I just don't remember if i have another car to adapt a turbo in the way of an engine tune.
Or you can check my thread about gears setting and do it yourself .
I'll check it soon.

hey Praiano, I use your tranny tuning methods. But, I have noticed on a few tunes you raise the final gear to max, top speed to min, then adjust acordingly. I have done this, then quickly reset and put suggested final gear, estimated top speed and gotten the same numbers.

Also, I'm not sure if you know this (you probably do), but, when you use the same trans tuning method, even if changing final gear, you get the same acceleration no matter what the gear ratio is, as long as top speed is the same due to the fact that:
lower final gear = higher transmission gears; and
higer final gear = lower transmission gears

And, as always, thanks for the great tunes. I use some of yours as a base for mine sometimes (CT230). I'd also appreciate it if you tried one or two of my tunes when you get to playing again. Have a good one

I don't understand very well what you want to explain, but if you reset your transmission, then you go back to yours stock ratios !!! ????Why undoing what you've finished to do ???
Anyway. When you do the "tranny trick" ,it work like this:
-FN full right
-Then top speed full left =minimum
-Then gears ratios.......... & final gear again to set the max speed you need.

This operation
-Then top speed full left =minimum
is the point where you can modulate the space between gears.

Let's say: for a 6 gearbox
If you set "top speed full left =minimum=200kmh"
Then at 7000 rpm 1st gear you will reach 100 kmh
and at 7000 rpm 6th gear you will reach 300 kmh

If you set "top speed full left =minimum=220kmh"
Then at 7000 rpm 1st gear you will reach 90 kmh

If you set "top speed full left =minimum=240kmh"
Then at 7000 rpm 1st gear you will reach 80 kmh

These are not the exact numbers, it's just to show the change of the 1st gear max speed at a given RPM.
For example ,you need to proceed like this, increasing your top speed gradually when you do the tranny trick, till your car have torque enough to perform an efficient grid start .

Hope i was clear enough with my poor english. Just try to do this several times , you'll understand by yourself.

Have a good day.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°

Last edited:
Hi praiano, can you recommend me a MR car for online racing on tsukuba? 500pp racing tyres.

Is the acura nsx the best one? Any advice is appreciated thanks!

Hi praiano, can you recommend me a MR car for online racing on tsukuba? 500pp racing tyres.

Is the acura nsx the best one? Any advice is appreciated thanks!

Hello. Generally i don't tune 500PP racing tires , but i have one that i did to race with some good friends 4 months ago.
This is the perfect weapon. Just need to increase the final gear to reach the max speed for tsukuba.
Driving it gently but fast you'll have an excelent tire wear, if you use it.
It's an Online tune. Raise the front for offline till you feel good with it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7060329#post7060329

Not the Acura but the Honda NSX '02 is a perfect 500pp too.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°

hello praiano, started this game a few days ago and i´m pretty much using just cars from your list (very nice to drive)...I didn´t find the bmw f1 race car tunes, do you have it? know where i can find a good one for the 650pp (or higher) events?
cheers

I just don't see the "tranny trick" as working very well, considering you can get the same ratios for the transmission if you set the final gear to the tune specified one instead of jumping through hoops going full left/ full right/ middle.

Hello. My tune is "ENGINE 3" . I will play again GT5 next week, so i'll be able to do this if you want. This don't take more than 2 mn. I just don't remember if i have another car to adapt a turbo in the way of an engine tune.
Or you can check my thread about gears setting and do it yourself .
I'll check it soon.

Hello again, thanks for your reply. But I think we misunderstood each other. I was just trying to say I want the r390 Road Car tuned to the MAX power. Like with all the parts (engine 3, stage 3 turbo, etc) and I forgot to mention NOT to add a rear wing but with the stock downforce all the way up. Thanks again and sorry.

Last edited:
St.3 engine is irreversible and gives a different power curve as opposed to turbos.
I believe he is also assuming you want it to be a 600PP tune as well. If you just want a max power tune, you'll have to say so. I'd imagine as long as you make a taller rear gear (lower number final drive) you should be fine with the same tune

St.3 engine is irreversible and gives a different power curve as opposed to turbos.
I believe he is also assuming you want it to be a 600PP tune as well. If you just want a max power tune, you'll have to say so. I'd imagine as long as you make a taller rear gear (lower number final drive) you should be fine with the same tune

ya all i was trying to say was i want an all out tune because he made a 600pp tune before. Ill edit my reply to say that so he doesnt get confused

hello praiano, started this game a few days ago and i´m pretty much using just cars from your list (very nice to drive)...I didn´t find the bmw f1 race car tunes, do you have it? know where i can find a good one for the 650pp (or higher) events?
cheers

Here is it. I don't know why the car don't appear in my garage. I think i did some s**t editing it.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5831322#post5831322
You can look for my tunes or any others in this link.
Take care with this car... it's a bit technical to drive fast.:scared:

Good luck and enjoy your drive.

I just don't see the "tranny trick" as working very well, considering you can get the same ratios for the transmission if you set the final gear to the tune specified one instead of jumping through hoops going full left/ full right/ middle.

It work, very well:) . My next tune will have a special one.

Hello again, thanks for your reply. But I think we misunderstood each other. I was just trying to say I want the r390 Road Car tuned to the MAX power. Like with all the parts (engine 3, stage 3 turbo, etc) and I forgot to mention NOT to add a rear wing but with the stock downforce all the way up. Thanks again and sorry.

Hello. I'm playing again today after 5 months off. I'll chose a car and make a specific track / PP /tires tune.
Sorry, i don't take any request for the moment. I'll check your gearbox but i need to check if i have a car without engine tuning first.

Let's drive now...... If i remember how to do this :):):scared:

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Back