Primus Ortus

Lovely pictures. I like how low the car is to the ground in the last pic.

Thanks Ashes! Actually, that was unintentional - I was racing along, jumped the preceding hill, and bottomed out... :dopey:

Awesome set of Vette photos. I like how they have a "cruising" sort of feel, suits the car well. 👍

Thanks for the kind words GP! I liked it too - Made me wish that GT5 had an El Camino in it so I could stow a surf board in the back.

Wonderful! Simply wonderful...

Thanks for visiting my gallery krakozyabr! I appreciate the kind words.

love these Vette pics, a fave for 1st and last shot

Thanks NBDESIGNZ! Those are my favorites as well.

Gorgeus set. I like atmosphere!

I appreciate that F458! I am a sucker for nice atmosphere.

Simply stunning, especially the first shot, and the second to last :drool: :drool: :drool:

LOL. Thanks Skython!

Very nice Corvette series there, hard to pick a clear winner as they are all so good.

Thank you FosterG!

2nd last shot is my favourite.

Thanks Veyron! The grass in the foreground gives it a nice perspective - it frames the picture. I have a little bit of an issue with the Vette on that pic though. I came off of a hill and was taking a turn. The Vette rolled a bit and is off. Oh well.. :)

Here's some new picks I took as a base to enter the selective colour competition. I went with the last picture, which was edited and submitted in the final photo below:

Last edited:
The red Vette shots are great! Composition and editing are solid in each one 👍 I'm most amazed at how you captured the grass in the second to last one, every time I try the blades are woefully two dimensional. My tournament entry had a lot of grass "fixing" and it still didn't look nearly as good. Mt. Aso is a great location though. 👍

I like the soft focus and clouds in the first shot of the 8C.

Great pictures. I really love that car in yellow.

Thanks! Me too.

The red Vette shots are great! Composition and editing are solid in each one 👍 I'm most amazed at how you captured the grass in the second to last one, every time I try the blades are woefully two dimensional. My tournament entry had a lot of grass "fixing" and it still didn't look nearly as good. Mt. Aso is a great location though. 👍

I like the soft focus and clouds in the first shot of the 8C.

Thanks c_f! I guess I just got lucky on that one!

The last two shots of the red Vette are hot! 👍

Great shooting!

Thanks raz!

Here's a couple of pics I did on a whim. I'm into WWII history and was watching Band of Brothers recently. Although the Italian front wasn't represented in the movie, it got me thinking:

Battle at Monte Cassino

5760837200_e74e329424_b.jpg

5760296613_ca36ccc4de_b.jpg

(Yeah, I know it's Toscana, and not Monte Cassino, but still...)

Here's the original black and whites I did (minus the GT watermark) before the extra editing. The second photo below was a 5 shot HDR at EV of -5, -3, -1, 1, and 3. Without the HDR, the hills lose the shadows, the sky isn't as balanced, and the ridge line wouldn't have been as clear.

Last edited:
Amazing work, love the shots. I really like the 8C shots. Yellow looks good on it. I just think that the car would look a little bit better without the extensions on the car. :P

I'm lovin' your creativity mate. Who would have done that before you? :P

Amazing work, love the shots. I really like the 8C shots. Yellow looks good on it. I just think that the car would look a little bit better without the extensions on the car. :P

That's brilliant, :lol: :lol: Very well done.

Thank you!

How about a story to go with our next few:

Before the storm

Our Lieutenant enjoys a cafe in Ahrweiler before prayers... He has heard reports of scores of US and British bombardments along the shores of southern and western Italy, which can only mean invasion. Along the wire, news of Moroccan-French troops are said to be infiltrating the mountains in the northwest. He must hold the winter line to preserve lands in Rome and northern Italy as reinforcements are drawn into France...

Love the last 2 corvette shots. The 8C set is nice too. But I think the last shot would be better if the car was coloured too. :) The army is doing a great job for the last set, was searching for them for a while before I could actually see them. :lol: They are blending in so well with the surrounding. 👍

What a great idea !! Really love the WOII shots 👍
Gonna try that myself sometime :D

Keep up the good work...

Thank you for the kind comments! I've been thinking of extending the story line and doing some more - I just have to find the time...

Great update. As always. ;)

Thanks Ashes - great job and congratulations on your curves competition win, btw!

lovely shots of your 8C and the Schwimmies are looking good too

Thanks NBDESIGNZ! When I actually make decent pics(and they are far and few between), I usually do so as a result of some inspiration from you and others on this site.

Love the last 2 corvette shots. The 8C set is nice too. But I think the last shot would be better if the car was coloured too. :) The army is doing a great job for the last set, was searching for them for a while before I could actually see them. :lol: They are blending in so well with the surrounding. 👍

Thank you kaede! I agree, the car should be coloured as well...(also, I removed the unsightly aero fins on the front... :crazy:)

5784572924_707446193f.jpg

Regarding the Army, they are a part of special seal team 6 - you can't see them, because they don't want to be seen... :scared:

Whoa those Kübëlwägën sets are brilliant!

Thanks c_f! The black and white HDR on the first one is probably one of my favorite photos I've done - I like the shading on the hills muy mucho.

love the story on the lil ugly vw, and the idea of the pic! :D

Thanks! Wish I had more time to be creative and have fun. Too bad we can't all just earn a living off of GT5... :dopey:

The last few updates are brilliant, really loving your Monte Cassino shots :drool:, and the most recent edited out fins Alfa Romeo, it looks as if it's driving away from the clouds (was blue sky, now it's cloudy) 👍

The last few updates are brilliant, really loving your Monte Cassino shots :drool:, and the most recent edited out fins Alfa Romeo, it looks as if it's driving away from the clouds (was blue sky, now it's cloudy) 👍

Thanks Skython! Actually, I think the Alfa is driving away from the cloud that looks like a mouse in a sobrero on the right side...:scared:

Here is a new one I added to the "Audi on the Ring" series (click on it - the big size looks pretty cool... I think...):

Here are a few more. I revisited some old photos I did with the Lexis on the Ring. You can click on them as always:

Last edited:
The first shot is the best here, even the damage on the Audi adds to its awesomeness 👍 And the last shot is also just amazing, but then again your shots never disappoint.

Wacky colors on the Audi! Looking good though. Love the wide angles on the first to IS F shots, and the nice blur you have going in the last one.

You should have put a spoiler warning on this update :D

Holy smokes, that last shot is epic. 👍

Very nice. That last one is stunning. :drool:

The first shot... I'm loving the effects there.

Love how artistic the last one looks... :drool:

Wacky colors on the Audi! Looking good though. Love the wide angles on the first to IS F shots, and the nice blur you have going in the last one.

You should have put a spoiler warning on this update :D

Loving the last one. Great work.

Love the first one, and that last one. :)

Last one is great!

Wow, thank you all for the kind words! Funny, but my favorite photo is the third one. :crazy: (Max the image out and take a closer look down the road... I like the focus, the blue ISF and the sky.) The first one was for fun. I amped the saturation up on the tail lights to make it look like fire as well as the green in the headlights to give them some character. The last photo was going to be a throw-away, but I applied some different filters to blur and diffuse the color on the periphery of the photo, and I liked the results, so I kept it. :dopey: The color of the ISF in that photo came out weird, as if it was an HDR on an acid trip.

Well, it took me awhile, but I finally golded the AMG Mercedes Challenge (Easy) and unlocked Ahrweiler in the winter. (With my DS3, it was not "easy"... :grumpy:) To memorialize the event, I took some HDR photos of my victory lap (EV -5, -3, -1, 1, 3, 1, 5), purchased the battleaxe for my garage, and parked it under my new Christmas tree! (Be sure to click on the them - especially the first and last pics... :dopey:)

Are you using "Save for web and devices" in photoshop? It just looks like the JPEG compression is really strong. :( The pictures themselves are well composed though and it's a great car/track combo :D

Maybe it's a problem with your flickr upload settings? I wouldn't know because I don't use flickr. But here's my settings for JPEGs in photoshop. Yup.

Latest Posts

Back